1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Russ the Rockets MVP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Mar 1, 2020.

?

Is Russ now the MVP of our team?

1. Yes. Absolutely. We could not be winning without him

20 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. No. He is not. Harden, Covington, Gordon etc. is the MVP

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Who cares... Hakeem was amazing

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I had a post with similar topic but several of the posters suggested that I make it into a poll so here it is. Moderator: If you would like to combine this with my original post, please do so. Thanks

We are now in a new era of Small Ball and have been winning like never before

This is one of the most exciting times for our organization and we are only getting better

A big part of this success is no other than Russ who is playing at a unprecedented level (stats below for past 7 games)

41 PTS | W
    39 PTS | L
    36 PTS | W
    21 PTS | W
    34 PTS | W
    33 PTS | W
    41 PTS | W

Shooting percentages:
    57.2% from the field
    43.8% from three

Has the time come when we have found our new MVP? Has Harden now passed the torch to our new leader and face of the Rockets?

Russ's passion for the game is simply contagious as he is the smallest guy on the court out rebounding 7 footers. He opens up the game for everyone via his ability to constantly attack the rim.

#1 hikanoo49, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

boring thread

Russ is not the “face of the Rockets”...just stop that stupidity right now...

3. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

OP, you craving attention bruh?

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Big bum cringe level thread

LFE171, Reeko, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The reason Russ has space is the focus on Harden. Russ is getting ALOT of one on one, which he can take advantage of.

diehardrockets, 34to11 and D-rock like this.
  6. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

no. teams scheme for harden and russ benefits. which other player can decide that he'll give russ more room to operate by simply walking to halfcourt knowing that his defender will follow him?

diehardrockets, 34to11 and D-rock like this.
  7. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

I don't get the whole one or the other thing, why do some feel the need to identify ONE player over another when it's obvious they go together like PB &J.

Did you not see them embrace after the game, they are in this together....Why can't we just accept this and enjoy the results? If you need to label this, it's more to your preference of player than actual separation of value. Harbrook IS THE MVP, no pole needed!

diehardrockets, Reeko, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Not even close, honestly. Doesn't read like he is drunk, and he's asking a Rockets-related question.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Teams are picking their poison and it’s till killing them.

we’ll see how Harden will beast when teams start to double Russ instead

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

Russ was wasted by OKC

KD Russ and 3 wing defender/shooters were all they needed to dominate the league. Instead, they messed up with potential of Russ and worse creating rifts between him and KD. Knowing himself so capable why should he be deferred to KD. OKC never figured out how to make both him and KD achieve the best each individually together. This what D’Antoni shines. He is best at maximizing a player’s potential.

icewill36 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Where's the "This thread is stupid" option?

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

thanks.

15. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

most of the voters thus far voted for Russ as our MVP

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

uh, no

5 voted that they don’t give a fck, 3 voted no, and 7 voted yes...15 total votes for a thread that’s been up for like 5 hours because in actuality this thread is a waste of time and really not worth anything...I didn’t even bother to place a vote in this wack thread...a thread that u actually decided to make twice...lmao

Blurr#7 and D-rock like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I feel like teams scheme more for harden . Right now Russ is the beneficiary of the scheme created by the presence of harden.

it’s like was amare the mvp or Nash ?

russ is doing an AMAZING job of capitalizing on his opportunities. Not only is he still impacting the game with his pg skills , he’s also actually statistically efficient for the first time in a while .

but ... out of the the two I think James is the better defender , the better passer , the better scorer , the better at getting to the line , the savvier player ... when he’s on . Russ is the better finisher at the rim and Russ is always “on” , even if he’s having a bad game.

you can debate who’s more important to the teams success , who knows . I think in terms of on court factors, james usually comes out ahead . But attitude wise , we’ve taken on a different identidy as a team this year. I give a lot of credit to Russ , and also to James for seeming to buy in .

I think these last 20 games or so are gonna be amazing if we stay healthy . Russ and James can get so much more comfortable and fluid with our new dedication to this style and some newish teammates .

this team has another gear when both Russ and James are feeling it , it’s one of the true duos in how they work together . Like when cp3 and james were hot is was just both of them being hot as a ball handler and iso’ing.

when Russ and James are hot at the same time it takes the team to a higher level of play . It’s crazy our ball movement goes through the roof and defensive intensity is up too .

18. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

My thoughts EXACTLY.

D-rock likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

A lot of people smoke crack as well that don’t make it right.

34to11 likes this.