1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Immigration Crisis in Europe - what should be done?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Sep 3, 2015.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So you think Syrian refugees are rapists?

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

No idea...but the idea that someone needs to simply accept something that impacts their way of life because it is inevitable is just wrong

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I would say the same thing about the United States and Latin American immigration. You won't stop people looking for a better life. The only alternative is investing in the area they are fleeing

#243 pgabriel, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The analogy was stupid. Refugees aren't rapists.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Ok..let's throw out the analogy. You would have no problem with the situation malakas describes happening to you?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I would not support riots

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that is an alternative. Some slight differences also exist. Our culture comes from immigrants. Also, areas with immigrant communities both legal and illegal are safer in the United States than areas with natural born citizen dominated communities. It sounds like that isn't the case in Greece and other parts of Europe.

Another preventative measure would be not instigating and tinkering in ways that are destructive and create mass immigration. Turning it over to Russians and Turks increased the immigration crisis.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Turkey has opened up the PRISONS and the turkish army is firing in the air to lead the immigrants over the borders and into boats to cross over.

Already in half a day there have been illegal immigrants equal to 1% of the population.

Since noone is helping us we will take the law into our hands.

Locals have already refusing offloading of the immigrants. They beat up the UN secretary of immigration in Lesbos and other NGOs and journalists.

The police and the coastal guard knows only to beat greek citizens and protect the immigrants.
    So there's nothing to be done other than crimes!

Only a matter of time until someone dies and then maybe the world will start caring for us.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Kinda hard to do anything meaningful or invest when places like Syria are war playgrounds for dictators, Russia and Turkey.

NATO royally ****ed this up.

10. malakas

malakas Member

I am extremely sad . This situation is making me cry in despair. I have to stand against children and women.

But there is no different way. Everyone has turned their head away. The only reports is blaming us calling us racists, golden dawn and fasists.
    About what we have to live through there is nothing. No solution only name calling.
    I have to protect myself and my island.

Yung-T likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

How can we just throw out an analogy were you indicate you support rapists and everyone is a rapist but you?

12. Raz

Raz Member

Everybody knew the dirty Erdogan-deal was just temporary, I'm actually surprised it persisted so long. Hope for serious consequences now, each and every Cent destined to Ankara needs to be blocked immediately. The only positive thing about this shitshow, Europe has the chance to cut all ties with this lunatic like they should've done quite some time ago.

It's like a nurse on strike refusing to treat patients for the greater good. You have to act 'inhumane' to prevent chaos. There are millions of refugees in Turkey, if they feel like there's a chance to enter Europe, the whole Aegean Sea will turn into a warzone. They need to understand from the beginning that even if the Turkish borders are open, ours remain closed.
    Sorry you have to go through this. Don't think it will help in any way but the German media I follow understands your situation and neither blames you nor calls you fascist or anything like that.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Let's not pretend Germany bailing Greece out doesn't play into this and Brexit for that matter.

14. Raz

Raz Member

Help me out. Where's the correlation between Erdogan opening the borders due to NATO refusing to support his warfare in Syria and Brexit/economic crisis 2008?

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Greece is being expected to house immigrants before migrating further. Other countries probably feel they are obligated.

16. malakas

malakas Member

There are many german Green EU MPs in Lesvos and journalists from ZDF, Focus and Spiegel and german NGOs.

They were all beaten up when they tried to offload the illegal boats, and they are now calling us fascists and racists. Not that they weren't already calling us that!

Greece has cancelled all asylum seeking but it is possible to close the land border what about the sea border? Impossible
    It wil not take long before someone takes a riffle and starts shooting at the boats.

There will be dead!

In Lesvos today there were more than 800 arrivals in a few hours. Lesvos has about 80.000 people. Already more than 20.000 are in Moria.

There is simply nothing more to give.
    We gave and gave and gave and gave and they were taking and taking and taking.
    The only thing left now is violence and hatred!

I try to be a good woman and I have my morals. But I keep fighting my rage and even hatred.
    The government and the EU have decided to turn my place into a hell.

I have to do something. Call me a fasist pig but I have to do what I have to do.

Raz likes this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

The EU- TUkrey agreement says that if an asylum seeker leaves the islands they can't be turned back.

If they expect my island to become a dumpster they will have to face the consequences.
    War and blood. Thats it.

18. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He's seeing that the EU is being brought to its knees by the UK (look at their budget negotiations, 72 billion short, but they won't reduce the 130 billion that goes to foreign aid, because that's really just corrupt money for the ngo gravy train that feeds back to the politicians) and has decided to kick them when they're down.

19. Raz

Raz Member

Has nothing to do with the current situation. The one's trying to enter Greece right now are Illegals and will be treated as such, which means up to three years in prison. Noone is obligated to house them.

"brought to its knees..." - yeah right. We'll see how that turns out. There's a different thread for Brexit.

malakas likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

Greece decided that the army tomorrow will start shooting with real bullets anyone how is trespassing illegally the land border in the dangerous spots due to national security.

It has been made known to Turkey and with sms to all illegal traffickers and immigrants.