1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I know but the guy i was responding to seem to be not aware of it.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

There is real beef there but you are just too "neutral" to see it.

Patience, Reeko, King1 and 4 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is a degree of beef.

I mean Kobe and Shaq were feuding even while winning championships, that was real. Got Shaq traded even before he washed up.

They see each other every game.

Two players that see each other only 2x in a year without counting a potential Finals........that is boring.

So let's throw in media + MVP Antetokounmpo versus JH to make it interesting.....

4. Handles

Handles Member

I don't understand when people say there's never been a player like Giannis. They ain't never heard of Ralph Sampson man. And Ralph had a jumper too.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

6. VanityHalfBlack

For real man. Bunch of Russian bots spammin the internetz boards.

7. tksense

tksense Member

Giannis is correct that language might be the issue in that he didn’t choose the best words:

First Barkley baited him by labeling Harden a “dribbler”. Giannis didn’t disagree, and he really meant to say he needs someone who “MOVES” the ball, which Harden doesn’t. Harden is “sticky” according to milk hair.

It’s a preference to style to choose someone who MOVES the ball rather than be ball-dominant.

Assist number is another story. If one holds the ball forever, the others don’t get to create.

For sure Giannis was throwing shade at Harden.
    In the end, the media is still the one to blame, because instead of clarifying, the meaning of the words relayed is emphasized in a slightly twisted way for drama.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Giannis responds to James Harden: 'My game is not just power for sure'

"My game is not just power for sure," Antetokounmpo said after the victory. "I came in when I was 18, I was 180 pounds, so to power through big guys was kind of tough.

"But obviously, it's going to be times where you've got to power through guys. Like one of the best players, LeBron, Michael Jordan, Kobe and all those guys ... Shaq, all those guys, they were extremely physical with their play. They made their presence felt in the paint, but obviously I try to work on my game, midrange shots, 3s, being able to screen and roll faster and make the right pass.

"It's hard to drive full speed and try to make the right pass to the corner. I try to get my passes more accurate and it's a lot of things I'm still adding, and hopefully when I add all those things in my game, I'm a more complete player and I'm better and can help my team win and the game is easier."

Nobody can convince those around him that skill isn't a part of his repertoire.

"I don't know who is criticizing him. He's a winner," Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer said. "The kid brings it in every way, shape and form. He brings it in practice and in the locker room. He's a great leader. He's a great player. He does everything. I don't know how to describe his game."

D-rock likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I don't think language caused Giannis to make the "joke" that Harden doesn't pass the ball.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

So he spoke TWICE in one day to Harden’s Clap.
    lulz...Giannis writing a dissertation. What a p***y. Like what Cupcake would do.

Oh, and this is another slight to Harden. There is no more powerful guard in the history of the game than Harden.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Giannis and the Bucks are getting all prepped for the 2020 election season.

We're all just gonna act like Harden shouldn't have 3 MVPs and Giannis isn't the one who spoke first. Suddenly Giannis's work ethic and family are being attacked. Stand for our troops, united we stand, etc etc.

Pull out all the tactics!

12. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Sounds like James really struck a nerve.

clutchdabear, Stephen_A and D-rock like this.
  13. lionaire

lionaire Member

14. tksense

tksense Member

Public people at the top can be salty and sensitive, image and reputation matters a lot to them, esp as they have everything else.

But that’s great! We know drama says TNT. I thought they had a hard time to create some as they complained for years how everyone was everyone’s buddies in the league, and how they miss trash-talking and taking competition personally.

Well at last they found something now! They been trying so hard to make up a villain too. Good for them.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Degree of beef??

Their dislike is real so let's get out in the open and expose it for what it is.

Giannis multiple shots at Harden were not unintentionally harmless, Antetokounmpo knowingly and maliciously disrespected one of the greats of game today and purposefully tried to humiliate him.

Any backlash he gets he will deserve. But national media will continue to back the punk and gloss over the insults because it fits their fake narrative to degrade Harden and his game.

16. tksense

tksense Member

Yeah, the joke is a twisted way to say Harden doesn’t “MOVE” the ball, which is true compared to other players who are less ball-dominant. That is a style difference. Ball dominance are effective when the dude is clearly better than others on the team, but that also means it will
    limit the statistical outputs of all teammates.

This year Harden has relinquished some PG duties to Brook, naturally his assist numbers are halved. Even tho he gives up the possessions where he holds the ball, but his style remains. He’s a “ball-stopper”, whereas some other guards are one-touch passers kind of guy.

17. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Sure that is true. I think he replied with a quick joke without thought. When I first heard it I laughed myself.

Do some of yall take that super seriously or something?

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Absolutely. He knew exactly what he said. It’s like all these stupid apologies when someone makes a racist or ignorant comment then uses an excuse “I didn’t Intend to say that.” Well what did you intend to say then? Why did you say it in the first place if it isn’t in your mind or on your heart? When people speak it comes from a source within. There’s no BS oh I didn’t mean it or My words didn’t come out right.

19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

sampson also never used HGH to have absurd muscle growth the way giannis did.

slothy420 and D-rock like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The arguments will never stop. Bucks fans say Harden started it by claiming Gainnis only won because of narrative and wasn't a "gracious loser". Welt say Giannis started it with two unnecessary jabs in the All Star game.

Both sides will say it wasn't intended as an insult.