1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think the 'beef' is unnecessary. Knock on Giannis for saying what he thought.

The Playoffs are coming up, leave it all out on the court.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

"Not trying to take stabs at anybody" ....yeah ok.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Pretty dumb what giannis said during the draft. Harden is an all time great passer, his comment made him look really stupid imo

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

James Harden's mind has been poisoned by Dan Tony's hatred for big guys.

Hakeemtheking and hakeem94 like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Do you think harden is an effecrive 3 pt bomber ala steph or an effective rim attacker ala westy or an effective distributor like rubio?

D-rock likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I saw where one person literally tried to blame language barrier

Rocket River

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The media is orchestrating beef to give themselves something to talk about, and we’re all suckers for caring about it.

BaselineFade, Voltik, Easy and 7 others like this.
  9. vlaurelio

Yeah the media forced giannis to pound the ball and his elbow on hardens face

They also forced giannis to say those bs vs harden in the all star draft and post asg.

#409 vlaurelio, Feb 29, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  10. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Well the media (Barkley) absolutely prodded/goaded the comment from Giannis during the draft. If Barkley wasn't there, Giannis wouldn't have randomly made that comment out of the blue

ilias likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

Lol he could have chosen to say it or not hes a grown man.

12. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I love how harden beefing with Giannis is bringing rockets fans together to hate on him too. And we're all hopeful this is the spark that'll motivate harden to revenge carry us to the championship

BigShasta likes this.
  13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Giannis knew exactly what he was saying. There is no mf'n language barrier. He knew it would get under Harden's skin. Harden really can't let this get to him or change how he plays. Mental games! That is all that it is. Mental Games!

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Harden is not blameless here, come on now. The whole crying about the MVP...in any case, Bucks and Giannis have owned the Rockets in recent times so it's time for Harden to bring it on the 25th of March, that's all there is to it.

hakeem94, amaru and CVcrew like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

well damn

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

the language barrier excuse for Brick Freak kills me...people acting like he’s the mexican maid off Family Guy or some sh*t...like he can’t comprehend that he was blatantly disrespecting Harden...

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sounded like a parody now that I think of the post.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Upon further review giannis is a little 7 foot b****. Giannis has tried to start it over and over. If you google this giannis guys there are tons of players he beefs with. From what i can tell giannis is quick to hide and be all sheepish 'who silly old me?' Its weak.

First in 2014 giannis tried to start something with harden when harden was trying to give the ball to the official. Giannis is a b****:

Add to that a direct danny ainge style balll throw then him now saying harden doesnt pass and publicly talking crap?
    Then hide behind language barrier?
    Throwing a ball at someone face is total b**** move. No 2 ways about that.

Whats the worst thing harden did? Finally respond now?
    I doubt harden paid for an ad in milwaukee for mvp and Im sure when adidas or whoever offered to pay harden probably laughed.

Harden is pretty even keel it seems. Seems kinda dumb to inspire harden considering apathy is one of his weaknesses.

Further proof giannis is a bully and a b****

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

For the record, Giannis is more than just a 7 footer that can dunk. I hope we all can at least (secretly) acknowledge that.

For those bringing up Giannis’ playoff failures...he’s young af. Harden went through the same thing. Giannis is obviously a totally different player, but he’s basically on the same track as Harden with an easier path (East + no Warriors). Remember when we lost to Portland/Spurs? Giannis gets a pass too. They learn from those tough losses/series.

I don’t believe Harden would be who he is today had he not had to go through those trials with GSW and others. He may have just been a great All-Star instead of an offensive god.

Not all players take those losses and improve. Tmac was always very good in the playoffs, year after year, despite his team never being able to fill in the gaps. But he didn’t come back each season like Harden has with something new, something better, an improvement on something every single year. That drive is of course partially innate, born with the greats of the game like Dream, Kobe, LeBron, etc.

But every super star talent doesn’t turn into HOF generational players.

I forgot what my point was...thanks for reading Rambling While Pooping w/ yours truly.

joshuaao and hakeem94 like this.