1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: CP feels betrayed by Morey and Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Jul 13, 2019.

1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

So much for CP3 "being and feeling betrayed":

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...Las-Vegas-How-the-Rockets-landed-14190482.php

cerophilik likes this.
  2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Good read

I bet he hated the call. Can’t imagine how Paul felt too. When I saw the headline I hated it too. I thought it was a random trade idea. I couldn’t believe it for a couple days. I liked Paul. I still will root for him, just will root for the rockets more and against Paul when he plays us. I will miss him.

saleem likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

@HoustonTexas has the clip in the above post

HP3 and DreamShook like this.
  4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I miss 2018 Chris Paul.

2019 Chris Paul has zero room to talk about anything, because James Harden carried him right back to where they were in 2018, and CP3 wasn’t ready to play for whatever reason.

If CP3 shows up even at 75% we advance past GSW.

ParaSolid, Fyreball, cbass and 9 others like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rockets just didn't have enough to get past GS. let this sink in. Rivers and Shump were the only two guys off the bench contributing anything. Once again one of the guys was Shump. cp3 might not have been the '18 version but he certainly wasn't as disastrous as people want to think. If there was any year that needed the depth and load management approach like they are doing now it was last year with the rockets being so thin on depth. both he and harden played well not wanting to go home in game 6 but they still didn't have enough. EG struggled, CC got abused as usual with them, and couple that with very little bench production. rockets were just outmatched

#805 YOLO, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    HP3 likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

Man Nick Wright is so full of it, he said Eric Gordon was one of the ones who was happy Cp was gone.

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I found 2019 CP3 to be disastrous.

Watching him this year, his attitude and swag is back to where it should be. We can point blame all over the place, but the fact is that 40 million dollars and all the attention on James, dude folded like a wet blanket, imo.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

We disagree on that but It is what it is. It's been a long road but atleast the rockets are somewhat on the right track and were both intrigued about how this team looks as of now and what they're building

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

There was a ton of garbage people made up just so they can create a bs narrative.

HP3 and RudyTBag like this.
  10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I think we can both agree that 2018 CP3 was just unreal. Ideally, we still have that guy.

Gawdamn hamstring. :(

(Should have never brought in Melo too)

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  11. Section123row16seat1

I still cringe every time I list

nene
    Gerald green
    Rivers
    Shumpert

as the 4 guys that played off the bench game 6 last year

Fyreball, sammy, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This is where I partially blame D'Antoni. When Chris Paul came back he should not have just been happy with James Harden holding the ball. He definitely should have tried to be a peace maker and help mend their relationship. I remember when Kobe felt that way about Shaq during their second or third run. Phil or someone walked up to Kobe and said. Hey we are going to need the big guy. Help him out and keep him happy. He's a manager. He needs to manage his players and tell them to keep egos at the door.

Little Bit and vupac1 like this.
  13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Cp3 definitely did not carry his weight last playoffs. He had a good game 6, but that was too little too late. I love the guy and have enormous respect for him, but I don’t think we can just forget how much more was needed from him.

topfive likes this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Shump actually played well in that game

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Shump didn't do anything in that game. it was games 3-5 where he contributed

Section123row16seat1 likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

little too late makes 0 sense. why even bother playing a game 6 then. The rockets in reality just didn't have enough to beat that team 4 times. that's what happens when you cut corners and have a miserable offseason for depth. That ended up becoming the wasted year in order for the rockets to realize you need quality guys who fit as your support.

ElPigto, tycoonchip and HP3 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

MDA isn't a top tier coach like Phil or Pop.
    Those coached dynasties.
    He is a second tier guy.

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

the man was scoring 16 points a game and couldn’t beat his man off switches. Yeah there’s a reason we didn’t have enough. Cp and capela didn’t show up.

rockbox likes this.
  19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly! It takes stars to win Championships but with stars comes egos. His job is to manage them. Phil and Pop had more than just two egos to keep in check. That's something D' Antoni if he ever learns how to do could be one of the best coaches in the league. If not he is just another Tex Winters. Genious on the offensive /defensive scheming but that is all.

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

So even when me and harden showed up and they still lost. What does that tell you. Oh yeah the rockets didn’t have enough