1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Legend T-Mac Reacts To Rockets Small Ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Feb 25, 2020.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Being up 3-2 and still losing just because we lost Paul isn’t encouraging. It’s still a loss and injuries happen.
    Plus that was the only series where Capela didn’t play a factor in that playoffs.

Bogut was a factor in their first championship. Zaza was a factor in one and Looney (who id love as a “center” for us) played a factor.

Those suns teams had Amare, he’s as close as a traditional center in today’s game as you get.

DeBeards likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Listen youngster, you are the only person claiming this to be a right or wrong scenario.
    I want my team to be successful and I want this system to be successful because it’s fun to watch.
    Take the rose colored glasses off, put an ice pack on that hurt butt of yours and chill the f out kid.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Being up 3-2 and losing 2018 CHRIS PAUL isn't encouraging? o_O

Why wasn't Clint a factor again? Please remind us...

So you are laughing at Boris Diaw, but then propping up Bogut, Zaza and Looney to prove your point?

They didn't always have Amare, in fact they played extremely well without him too.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  4. bmelo

bmelo Member

You just descriptioned James Harden

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden plays defense. How are you a fan of the Rockets yet watch zero games, and just read about Harden on r/NBA?

crose, Denovo and D-rock like this.
  6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Hear this whipper snapper,

Take that old noggin of yours out of the sand, and go and dig me a hole, while I crack a beer. I'm just an ole lumpa coal with facts, and you aren't bringing any actual analysis to the thread, just Tracy McGrady BS on repeat.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

McGrady on how to defend Rockets' play: "just play better defense and gum up James, because he no longer has the Capela outlet"

lolwut.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, you are the reason that people don’t like Houston sports fans. Thank you for messing it up for all of us.

One team (dubs) Capela wasn’t effective against.
    Zaza and Bogut are completely proving your argument wrong, they played important roles because the dubs never went as extreme as we are now.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Get better takes, then you can be taken more seriously champ.

10. bmelo

bmelo Member

I watch every game. Sometimes he plays sometimes not, last few games he is defending but there were countless games when Harden was just standing still. T-mac was similiar. Didnt play defense but he had more talent on that end so it pissed people off. I remember when he shut dirk down and Yao decided to play like McGee +refs screwing rox. Tmac singlehandely took championship pistons to 7 games with 10 gleague players on Orlando team. He talks a lot of **** about James and was a failure when his body broke down but when he was himself he did everything he could individualy for his teams to be succesful. ****, he made Chuck Hayes and Aaron Brooks look playable on offense While on one knee and with one shoulder. It is just different NBA right now and i believe if Cupcake Durant can look godly in current era then this peak Orlando Tmac would be breaking rules

11. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Ahh, so you are one of the guys that feels shame when other fans "don't like us"... :D

Sensitive, and how very un-Vernon.

Carry on my fair-weather son.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Can someone name a team that was hosed by the Refs on game
    and still managed to win their series?
    Rockets 1993 -1995 is about the only ones I can think of .. . . *grin*

By and Large
    Lot of the champions in the last 20 yrs
    seems like they had the Refs on their side
    or injury luck

Rocket River

jcmoon likes this.
  13. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

42 seconds in my BP went up. Talking about a 7 game series. This jackass didn’t get outta the first round. Sthu

RudyTBag and cmoak1982 like this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Nah I’m more of the not overly sensitive types, unlike you my young friend. I’m not going to take offense to every perceived slight like you feminine types.

15. Pete the Cheat

listen hear old boy, don’t take any wooden nickels from some dew dropper.

Chanch says he’s just another four flusher high on giggle water imitating some Loop Egg dignitary.

know your onions!

Nook and RudyTBag like this.
  16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Read this like Norm MacDonald for full effect. :D

17. bongman

bongman Member

Do you think that Pops system is one of the better ones? If so, why are they not contending every year? How about the warriors? A system is only good if you have the right personel. To say that X system wont work because they lost is really a faulty generalization.

D-rock and fckbandwagons like this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

An insult to Koalas everywhere! :mad:

Nook and D-rock like this.
  19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Agreed.
    In small ball or our super small ball system, for sure center's on-court-minute might decrease a lot due to its specific role being limited n only impactful in certain scenarios (12-15min), but that does not mean we could play center-less. (Unless we equipped a dominant as well as legit PF kinda like stoudmare, or even versatile as diaw)
    Yesterday's game between bucks n wizards dragged into OT…robin lopez one block shot defense ( :0.20) n one baby hook shot (ot 4:32) speaks volume why center is still a must-have weapon in small ball lineup even if in very constraint scenario. Most important of all, we cant leave the league a single chance/excuse (even very little odds) to have a critical call in WCF/finals game manipulated or rigged , and changing it into an notorious contested call (in their agenda), cuz center-less team never ever bring 100% safety or once win a title in nba history! (champion title as the cost of an unprecedented experiment gonna be hug n insane)
    No untill this team (rockets) proved it in finals that center-less could win a ring, as a diehard rox fan, my concern would not faded away(this concern shows my heart n soul to this team)

p.s. fyr @ApacheWarrior imho Except a/m doubt and concern, I've never ever more trusted in dm-mda-players than today, we are playing w/ huge huge confidence by executing brilliant team D. We are one piece away from perfect.

Edit: i have double checked, in many teams got the potential to transform n play small, showing big threat to us, they are:
    Bucks
    Clippers
    Raports
    Celtics
    Every a/m team have a legit C or backup w/ one, all of these C are playable comparing with tyson.
    Most of their PEC on court limited to a range between 12-22min. Those bigs say ibaka, lopez bros, kuzma are versatile.
    In clutch time, an aging C can mess up things, like what stupid things happened in last 2nd round we used nene to defend Thompson resulting in a deadly 3 made.

#79 DeBeards, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    cmoak1982 and fckbandwagons like this.
  20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

T mac hoeing as usual...what's new!!!

Gotta love when rachel drops her knowledge on basketball and how the defense will adjust in the playoffs

D-rock likes this.