1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unsubscribe to the Ringer Podcasts

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dmoneybangbang, Feb 24, 2020.

1. dmoneybangbang

They really have become insufferable... the last Bill Simmons podcast really pushed me over the edge.

Tfor3, roslolian, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I'm gonna 'hate-listen' to it. The "Houston Vs Everybody" segment. I can't wait for the drive home. They really are just some whiny little b*tches about the Rockets...

I used to actually like Bill Simmons but now he is Enemy #1.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Kevin O’Connor, OTOH, has been squarely in the Rockets corner and habitually defends James Harden.

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

^ This is true.

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. meh

meh Contributing Member

I dont listen to ringer podcasts not because they hate the Rockets, but because they have horrible opinions and they try to meme while still trying to act legit. If anything I find Simmons hate just fine because he at least tells everyone it's his opinion.

What's much worse than what Bill Simmons does is someone like Windhorst, who has had an axe to grind against Morey ever since LeBron got called out on his schtick over the China issue.

6. YaoMingsSoulja

Wait what? I listened to this podcast last season, they never hated the Rockets. They actually picked them to win it all. What happened?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like some of the entertainment ones, actually don't really listen to the sports ones.

8. dmoneybangbang

I used to love their content but damn.... I just can’t support it after Bill Simmons little b**** rant

I love KOC (teehee) and Sharks (I like to spell it like that).

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

It was really bad towards the end of that segment.

DeBeards likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I actually prefer where Russillo is coming from with this. Simmons tries to rationalize his dislike against the Rockets, and it doesn't come across as very sincere (to me). As strongly as Russillo dislikes the style the Rockets have adopted, he's pretty fair in terms of describing the success of it. He even points out here that when Morey makes a move that media types go after him on, it generally proves to be successful.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You can listen to about 5-10min of the Simmons “Houston vs everybody” podcast beginning at 1:00:00, 1hr in or so.

He’s been subtly anti-city of Houston since the Super Bowl the first in Houston a while back. The past few months it’s been an all out war against us. The Astros scandal and the “unwatchable” Rockets beating his Celtics have certainly contributed. Ultimately though I would say the #1 reason is us Houston fans on Twitter, and I would include myself in there, will not let him walk back all the **** he has said against us over the year. We’re like angry wives in that we will never forget. In all honesty he should just quit Twitter, we are winning so hard against him. His sarcasm on the podcast today and mocking how we behave towards him (no we do not just shout “**** you Bill!” Over and over) is just his childish way of refusing to acknowledge how wrong he had been about our city and our teams over the years. I think if we keep the pressure up by throwing truth bombs in his face while the Astros and Rockets keep winning, he might just quit Twitter. HTown all the way baby!

Gray_Jay, roslolian, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

So you’re not gonna tell us what he actually said? I don’t want to listen to an hour or more of pure fckery. Can a brother get a synopsis? Some cliff notes?

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He like a lot of the basketball people he employs(not all) rely on parroting stupid, inaccurate twitter takes for the lulz rather than having a real basketball discussion.

This podcast might be his most egregious. Almost felt like Skip or Screamin A where the take didn’t sound sincere.

Did think it was funny how he talked about how “Rockets twitter” will never let anyone live this down if we do succeed and how annoying It will be....

Like no ****? You mean kinda like how annoying it’s been that 99% of the media over the last 5 years has pleasured themselves to Rockets failures and have done nothing but say it will never work when the only thing the team has been guilty of is being the 2nd best team over a 5 year stretch where one of the best teams ever happened to exist at the same time.

D-rock and macho GRANDE like this.
  14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I'm only subscribed to Comedy Bang! Bang! and How Did This Get Made? I sometimes listen to Pardon My Take but they get repetitive.

DeBeards and matchesmalone like this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

I like Russillo, I feel he’s far less emotional.

DeBeards likes this.
  16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

P.S. The mismatch is the only NBA podcast worth listening to on their network and even then you have to suffer through Vernon’s terrible Memphis loving bs. Unless Simmons himself has someone smart on to talk hoops.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

It seemed petty just to be petty.

D-rock likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

So Bill Simmons got fired from ESPN, now he is on podcasts, Now not seen but heard. Hearing nothing but stupidity.

UTSA2step and D-rock like this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"We’re like angry wives in that we will never forget."
    Amen, brother.
    Hence the old saying: "If she ain't happy, you ain't happy."

D-rock likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I love the ringer and I think you are taking what they say 2 personally.

What did he say?

ParaSolid likes this.