1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone still doubt we get the two seed (at minimum)....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

would rather beat lebron in the conference finals then have to face him in the semi finals. Remember the rockets are getting reemed for not making the conference finals last year just because they fell to the 4 and had to face GSW in the semi's with durant instead of the wcf. Portland gets all this love for going even though they got swept.

I know WCF isnt winning, but I'm sick of losing in the 2nd round narrative after just one year.

jogo likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Welp... if thats what u believe... more power to ya...

I respectfully disagree for the aforementioned reasons...

LosPollosHermanos and D-rock like this.
  3. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Call me crazy but I’m more worried about the Mavs and Thunder in the first round than I am about the Lakers in the 2nd or WCF.

TimDuncanDonaut and IBTL like this.
  4. jogo

jogo Member

The second seed gives us a good shot. Win our games and get to the Lakers in the WCF. We can beat them if we play great basketball and the refs don't decide the series. All other roads are more difficult, some are much more difficult.

I agree that we should play the Lakers as late as possible. Playing them early and losing just opens the door for another team to get to the WCF.

And I think the Rockets have a lot riding on these playoffs. Even more so than normal, as a trip to the WCF should solidify our small-ball approach. It's solidified to me, but having the "talking heads" accept it is important as that improves how our team is viewed by others. And more importantly success helps us with free agents, etc.

saleem likes this.
  5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Utah could fall to 6 or 7. The only probables at this point are Lakers at 1 and Memphis at 8 (unless Portland gets healthy and makes a run).

D-rock likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

CP is a helluva player and would still fit great in this system due to his defensive IQ and dead eye shooting. Again, we could have CP and two more 1st round picks to make further moves. Who knows? At least we're not feeling bad about the trade at the moment.

Russ is just a unique breed whose quickness and athleticism and lack of outside shooting makes him, at least offensively, the first guard-center I've ever seen.

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Memphis is more balanced and talented than Portland IMO.

Dame is overrated and one dimensional. All the memes about Harden playing no defense but this guy gets a pass? Just like Steph. Smh

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Harden is in no man's land.

Lillard doesn't get "lol no defense" hate because he's never been MVP or in the conversation as the best player in the NBA.

Curry doesn't get "lol no defense" hate because he has titles.

Harden is either a "choker," "lol no defense," a "flopper" or a combination of all 3.

Mr. Dominant likes this.
  9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yea..with Russ he practically neutralizes what we lack in the paint at the Center position..for what we have going on he def fits better than CP3 and that CP3 thread trashing Russ I felt would come back to haunt at some pint..and here it tis

D-rock likes this.
  10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

FLASHBACK:

D-rock likes this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just wait until we get Cousins

D-rock likes this.
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I just want to avoid LAC. They are just go thru the motions right now like the Heat teams use too. Come playoff time they will be a force. Kawhi will enter God mode and PG will pick it up.

13. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

What exactly is the point of this thread? So what if I do? A plate of crow is waiting for me?

Sajan and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Ummm, yes, I still have doubts, especially about a 2 seed. I am encouraged by the play recently though.

Sajan likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only Zeke believed!!!

CFers without faith need to put respect by this man's name!

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Any seeding don't matter ask about GS Warriors on their last championship year. They pretty much folded for the Rockets to get the 1st seed, GS Warriors finished 12-10 towards the end of the season with rest for the stars. During the playoffs, they went 4-1 in all series except for the Rockets where we took them to 7 games. Then 4-0 against Cavs. As long as we end up on 1-4 seeding, we should be good. Peak in mid-April, we'd be dancing on Washington Ave.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

GSW was a team with 5 All Stars and recent Finals MVP as 6th man.

Just a little different roster construction between us and them.

bro2044 likes this.
  18. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Demarcus was not on the roster. GSW Curry played a little more than 1/2 of the season and Durant missed at least around 15 games. Rockets just focused on finishing season than use all the energy in the playoffs.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Forgive me misremembering, it was 4 All Stars and 2 Finals MVPs.

Every GSW player was healthy with the exception of Iggy who was nicked up going into playoffs and then could not go.

But so was Luc. And then CP3 went down when Rockets had them on the ropes 3-2.

They got lucky and it was because of the that resting crap. They used load management as an excuse when it was clear that they would not catch Rockets for 1st seed.

GSW, like their Coach, always have built in excuses.

bloodwings19 likes this.
  20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I believe Curry rolled his ankle which caused him to miss a big portion of the season and he was not 100% going into the playoffs. The Rockets need not worry about being 1st, or 8th. Just get in and make hay.