1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

We already knew that Russia will support anyone anti establishment candidate that will divide the party and try to burn it down. This shouldn't shock anyone.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Well , considering the same people hate Bernie as hate Trump - Its entirely possible the DNC / Dem party is behind the Russia Bernie interference conspiracy.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Dick needs to realize that under the government Bernie wants to run he'd have worked for the government instead of that cushy acting job.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

lol ok.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw this earlier and Dick Van Dyke doesn't look good. I'm not surprised he's almost a 100. With as sincere respect as in his prime he was a great actor and comedian there is no way I would vote for Dick Van Dyke for any office even though he said he could run. I understand this is pitched to elderly voters but I don't think this is going to help many of those who may have concerns about Sanders age.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of Bernie's proposals eliminate the television and film industry.

dobro1229 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Headline should read... Dick Van Dyke still alive.

I like how he parrots the Bernie talking points verbatim. SCRIPT or brainwashed... or both?

Nook likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Come on man, Dick looks great for 94 years old, his mobility and mental acuity is really good for his age. Saying he doesn't look good and your surprised he's not 100 is very odd, maybe I've had a bad luck of the draw when it comes to my personal first-hand experiences with older people, but to me, he looks great.

I agree 94 would be too old to run, but his point wasn't that he was actually willing to run for office, his point was if Bernie was still as healthy as him at 94, then Bernie would be just fine finishing a term in his early 80s. Which I agree with, Bernie, Warren and Bloomberg are in good enough mental condition to give me confidence they would do just fine running a single term at least, Biden and Trump, on the other hand, seem a bit sketchy.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No, comrade, he would be working in the green new deal labor camps in shackles under Bernie's communist regime.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He said he was 20 years older than Sandra that puts him at 98. I said I was not surprised he is almost 100 and at 94 or 98 that is almost 100. I dont know if I’ll be alive at that age and I suspect I won’t look good either which is why age is and should be a concern. In regard to his mental acuity to be blunt I didn’t get anything out of that. He did just pretty much recite Sanders lines, other than that he could run, and old people should support Sanders. Beyond that I can’t tell much about him.

what I felt watching that ad wasn’t wanting to get out and support Sanders but pity for Dick Van Dyke. Honestly one of the first things I did after seeing that ad was google “Dick Van Dyke Health.”

Nook likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My nephew works at Sanders Nevada headquarters

Roxfreak724 likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Like to picture van dyke typing out all-caps bro messages against non-bro’s on the FB.

jiggyfly, Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

CNN and MSNBC is asking Bloomberg to use his money to smear Bernie, lol. These cats are for real scared. Watching CNN and MSNBC is going to be fascinating in the coming days, they are legit miffed at all the POC's voting for Bernie.

15. TheresTheDagger

Boy, you aren't kidding. It's FASCINATING to watch MSNBC turn on the leading candidate for the Democratic nominee so obviously. The establishment is in disbelief of their end and going down whining SO hard.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

Are you not capable of basic math?

Sanders proposals total nearly 100 trillion dollars over the next 10 years.

The entire budget for everything at the federal level is expected to be 70 trillion dollars.

Sanders doesn’t want to double the amount of taxes collected, he is proposing 2.5 times what the current federal budget is.

His plans would mean the federal government collecting 72-75% of the entire GDP. That is 1.5 times what most of what the Nordic nations spend. It is 25% more than the highest country in Western Europe (Finland).

It isn’t possible and it won’t happen. Also don’t tell me “cut military spending” because completely gutting the military would only be a small percentage of what Sanders is proposing.

He’ll just for global warming Sanders wants to spend nearly 2 trillion dollars a year.

It isn’t happening and I appreciate that @FranchiseBlade Is aware of it. The problem is I don’t think most of Sanders voters are, and not sure Bernie either.

joshuaao and pgabriel like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

A very Trumpian conspiracy theory.

jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.