1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Texas BBQ

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Goode & company and Moe’s bbq might be the worst bbq in the state.

Deckard likes this.
  2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Country Cousins BBQ in Centerville is legit good.

Try the blackberry cobbler as well.

Is it as good as the top places in Houston or Austin? Nope...but it is good and worth the stop if you need to eat between Houston and Dallas.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

WOOHOO. Nothing else up here other than Corkscrew. The location (former Culver's spot) will be literally across the street from Goode. Ironically, that Goode location is already planning to convert the BBQ side of the building (other side is Taqueria), to their Seafood concept. I'm sure that's not a coincidence as I got the plans to work up some design work for them (Goode) around the time this was announced. They know their BBQ is done once this opens.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Good to know (the location) and how good it is. I occasionally have to go near there for blood tests. Definitely will check it out when its open.

I once went to Goode Co. and was really disappointed. It didn't even seem like a BBQ place (I went there after doing some yard work... way under dressed). And the food was actually pretty bad (no better than Rudys, Dickeys, and even the BBQ place inside the Magnolia HEB). I've been to the Houston location and thought it was decent.

leroy likes this.
  5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Pappas is right there with Goode Co. IMO.

Deckard likes this.
  6. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

7. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

Where'd you hear that The Woodlands' Goode Co. BBQ would be converting to seafood? If this is true, that's extremely exciting, as I LOVE their seafood restaurants, but don't care at all for their barbecue.

8. gucci888

A buddy of mine tried his sous vide fried chicken at his steakhouse and said it was ridiculously good. Off the menu item apparently.

9. leroy

I work in commercial kitchen equipment. I was asked to help with the re-design of the space recently. I did work at the I-10 location that moved spots in that shopping center, too.

I'm not sure that they're planning to go completely away from BBQ...but I would imagine that will ultimately be the plan once they get destroyed by Killen's.

Turbo likes this.
  10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dang, so the original location is the only one now? I grew up on the Fallbrook one, need to stop by next time Im around that part.

Why did the Heights location close?

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I agree with this. Luling city is aight, but I like Pit Room more. Killen's is delicious, but I don't drive to Pearland as often as I should...

12. gucci888

Yup Luling wasn’t that good the last time I went. There are a lot of newer and better options in town nowadays. Pit Room, Pinkerton’s, and Blood Bros. are all really good. Feges in Greenway is good too but not as consistent IMO.

13. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Add Truth and Roegels to the list.

gucci888 likes this.
  14. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

These are both great. I work semi close to Roegels, so go there on a semi regular basis.

Truth had the best ribs I've had.

I really never liked Luling. Would go with co-workers or friends, and was never really impressed.

arif1127 likes this.
  15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Had some moist brisket and pork ribs from Smitty's in Lockhart last weekend. Both would receive a "D" on my BBQ report card as they were barely passable. We're talking Pappas BBQ bad.

Had the Pork Belly burnt ends at Killens in Pearland for lunch yesterday. They were fantastic and I'd give them a solid "A"

16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

How was the wait for lunch? I want to try that place one day

17. the shark

the shark Member

Leroy, private message me. I see you're in commercial kitchen equipment. May need your help.

18. leroy

done

19. leroy

Love Roegel's but I wish they'd use just a tad less pepper. Ribs and pork belly are great.

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Not too bad. Line moved pretty quickly.