1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We no longer have to rely on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Feb 21, 2020.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Watching last night's game, it would be nice to no longer have to rely on James, Russ, or Ego to be on fire to win. We can actually move the ball around and let others (House, Bmore, Covington, Rivers, Green, Demarree) get into a flow and rhythm. Normally if any 2 of them (Russ, James, or Ego) are not having a good game, we're definitely getting an L. Our new talent with Green, Covington, and Demarre will hopefully allow us to stay in games and compete, allowing Russ, James, and/or Ego to not push and put up bad shots.

However, I will be watching the Utah game to really get an idea of who we are? But last night was impressive against the G League Dubs.

clutchdabear, dkoune, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

They’re just new here. Give them a few games to adjust and I’m sure they’ll be bricking wide open threes just like the others. Keith Jones just needs time to get his claws into them.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

G-League Dubs explains enough

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Just spit on it. Rub it a little. You'll be fine, walk it off."

Sanctity likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Game 2, post-ASG, will tell us everything we need to know about this team

Do it @Os Trigonum

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we'll turn a corner. then it will deserve its own thread. after which I will stay calm. and we'll be sitting at 5th seed

J Sizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Very calmly and safely.

and for the culture.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it depends mostly on whether james gets doubled or not. kerr was packing the paint and then bringing help from there every time james got the ball. but other coaches may elect to just let james get his 40-50 and shut down everyone else

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

yeah, feel the same. I'm so glad, we on the right track till now.
    we finally got a reliable system in there which can run automatically, i.e. as long as had every right pieces in the loop, push the button, we no longer worried about who was on n who was off.
    other than russ or the beard playing hero ball saved the day, anybody could stand up. in the end it's the system to win.

10. SS0101

SS0101 Member

We no longer have to rely on....

Clint Capela protecting the rim, when we can just rely on guarding the perimeter to protect the paint.

I will admit, I was skeptical at first. But this, long, switch everything, hands up/in passing lanes, anyone can hit a 3, while my 2 unguardable superstars have maximum space style is really growing on me.

11. pippsux

pippsux Member

gaddam! I thought was a scenic

12. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I remember I had a shin bone and foot fracture as a kid and family friend suggesting this in these precise words..

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

As astounding as it was watching James torture defenses, the moment most teams started doubling him it was obvious we needed to change things up drastically. And as much as I loved watching him ISO for 50 or 60 points, there's more than a little truth to the idea that ball movement keeps everyone involved and happy.

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yep.

Also-----Opponents can no longer play hack-a-Clint!!!!!!

[​IMG]

BackNthDay likes this.
  15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I heard the TnT crew say the same thing, let Russell and James get their 70 to 80 points and don't leave anyone else. Then you have other coaches who say, I'm going to double James or Russ and force the others to beat us. I'm more in the camp of letting James and Russell get their buckets and clamping down on everyone else. That is difficult strategy because our others are better than the other teams others.

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

it's all incumbent on James and Russ staying in front of whoever they guarding and forcing them to shoot over the stop. James and Russ reach way too much on defense giving up easy dunks/layups. Saw that happen a couple of times in the game last night.

pippendagimp likes this.