1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Bruno?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Feb 9, 2020.

1. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

He must score at least 10 points and able to grab at least 6 rebounds like Gernald Green 1st play. Otherwise you will not see him after the season as MDA dont trust him. Harkinstein keeps missing and MDA dont trust him as he is not stable ie. not able to get 10 plus score and rebounds each game. Hope to see his 1st performance.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Bruno Caboclo can be like Clint Capela in this system but also with a Excellent Form on his 3 point shot, create his own points, Great Free Throw Shooter, only 24 yrs old.

Bruno Caboclo is Mentally tougher than Clint Capela. Bruno forces Contact underneath the basket for layups, Clint avoids contact, doesn't force and gets blocked, puts up weird misses.

Bruno is more suited for the Playoffs style unlike Capela, Capela will always be a raw player. Shooting Skills and IQ is needed in the Playoffs.

Bruno is 1 inch shorter in height than Clint, but he has longer arms than Capela. Bruno is a natural shot blocker, Capela can't move laterally on defense, Bruno has speed laterally and guard Point Guards easily on switches and can block 3 point shooters.

Bruno reminds me of Robert Horry but more dribbling skills, post skills, stronger.

Drift Monkey, hakeem94 and lilbird20 like this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Probably the one player I am interested in seeing play. Of course all you see on youtube are highlights, and he must look mediocre the rest of the time, but in what they do show he looks active on offense and defense, appears to like running the court, and looks smooth and confident with his outside shot (three line and FT line). I still worry about defensive rebounding but other than that he appears to be a good fit.

Once playoffs come and heavier bigs are bumping him around we may see him sit just like we saw Capela sit... but first we have to get to the playoffs so I guess I can wait until then to worry...

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like we are just waiting for EG to get healthy now. We are getting close to having a full roster finally. Exciting times!

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Eric Gordon turning into Chris Paul, with even more injuries. Rockets should trade him this offseason if the Rockets don't see an impactful Eric Gordon, or clear some payroll and replace him with younger shooters.

raining threes and Rocket River like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's getting traded no matter what. That's why they're being extra cautious with him now.

rhee, Crashlanded19, amaru and 3 others like this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The more I look at his numbers, the more I'm intrigued by what he may be able to bring.

His on/off defensive numbers were solid in Memphis and the D-league. His physical tools suggest he should be a defensive terror if his awareness and effort are even decent.

He showed he can hit the 3 ball last season, and with an offense that asks very little else, he could make an impact.

Drift Monkey, D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Slightly off-topic but I would love to bring Nene back as a coach to help Bruno. Anybody know if Nene was interested in a coaching career?

D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

if he was, he wouldn't have been MIA this entire season with his fake "injury*

11. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I wondered this the first time he was here and never found out.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I'm hoping Caboclo can take some of Tabo's minutes by playing effective D. It will be up to Caboclo to perform better than Demarre and Green in practice to earn those minutes. I really think Green, Demarre, and Caboclo playing time will be dictated by their ability to shoot the 3...

D-rock likes this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I bet he'd play a fully healthy season somewhere else if he were traded from here.

14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

agreed, just like Clint was our trade deadline budget, Gordon is the summer budget.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Can yall just chill with the GM talk. Gordon will be back and playing well in the playoffs like he always has. Dudes always missing the bigger picture

saleem likes this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Still raw.

Clumsy.

Low IQ.

Capable of some solid defensive plays.

High entertainment value.

17. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

He needs to heal, round into shape and study Covington and Tucker, who hopefully will help mentor him.

He seems like a project but if he can develop hitting threes at a good clip and solid positional/lateral defense, his wingspan and switching will destroy players.

D-rock and amaru like this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

All that, except his entertainment value is in garbage time.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Still a couple years away...

saleem likes this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He didn't play at all the last time he was here I don't think .... BBR shows nothing in regards to his previous stint here.

You have to wonder why Morey gave up an asset (pick swap) to get this guy if MDA isn't going to play him. Is he an insurance policy or a situational player or do they really think he can contribute ?

He did get 5 minutes tonight .... in a 30 point blowout.

I don't have any expectations of him contributing meaningful minutes.

amaru and saleem like this.