1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Spurs buyout DeMarre Carroll, Houston frontrunners to sign him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 17, 2020.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Coach, your 7 man rotation scored 75 points in the first half, then those same 7 guys, no one else playing, managed just 25 points in the 2nd half. Do you think they might have been TIRED?"
    "Hey, we just didn't make shots. It happens."

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good point. Both DeMarre and Jeff Green for all their faults have been in some wars.

Bruno, House and BMac have yet to earn it, and better watch their backs.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

When the heck will Carrol be a done deal? Any possibility it doesn’t happen at all?

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://www.fearthesword.com/2018/4/9/17213766/jeff-green-cavaliers-playoffs-breakdown

Green's length and athleticism allows him to recover when beaten on perimeter.

And his size and strength allows him defend bigs.

But it's his ability to out run defenses and create for himself that intrigues me most.

That and his friendship and chemistry with Russ and Harden.

Team is getting tighter, that should not be underestimated.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

he doesn't clear waivers until tomorrow. relax

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

not really. clemens yes ill give u him. but his upside as just being a spark plug one day like i.t. is too great.

now tyson n isiah i disagree with heres why. they are break in case of emergency. we betting on small ball which i agree with n always wanted. but thats just a bet. u could go up against a team where its doesnt work. n horribly doesnt work. n it could be a situation were u bleed less with a true center. again u probably wont be better then that team. but its all what will give u a better chance. tyson more so. if u go against embid or the likes. i think u could beat those teams with small ball but again thats just a bet. u could get punch in the mouth n be like damn i wish i had a 7 footer with some xp to just not get killed killed.

clutchdabear likes this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

i agree. people here always complain about we dont care about chem....but when we put a team together that actual has it no one brings it up as a positive

seclusion, Remlap, Patience and 2 others like this.
  9. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

My only hesitation with Green, as others have pointed out, is whether or not he can stay locked in and motivated. He's always had the talent, but historically has faded in his effort and focus with practically every team he has played for. He kind of reminds of an older Andrew Wiggins in that way.

If we get the good Jeff Green, and he is willing to defend, then i think we are really, really set.

DVauthrin and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

If we have to play Tyson or Harty, it's not break glass emergency but full scale apocalypse and there is no chance in hell of survival.

Rockets were inefficient with Capela, to depend on Tyson or Harty (even in limited minutes) would be a major disaster.

ak99999 likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

He was at his best in regular season and postseason year Cavs beat GSW.

He was their best all around defender for that period. So im not pushing that narrative that Green comes up short in big games, he has proven he is capable of stepping up his game when it counts.

Relativist and BaselineFade like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love the DMC add because not just a long tough defender but so so smart.

Too bad he's old AF.

:D

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

for sure. he never lived up to his actual talent he possesses but the good thing for houston is that they're not expecting him to be that. he just needs to be serviceable in limited minutes. if he goes beyond that its gravy

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yes the playoffs is what it will come to. I still don't fully trust House or BMac under playoff pressure. Green is playoff tested, and has the physical tools. I don't want to set my expectations to high for Green, but if this guy steps up for even 10 - 15 minutes per game during the playoffs it would be huge. When motivated he can look like a monster at times. I think that this is the perfect system for he and Carroll at their ages. His friendship with our 2 superstars has to count for something. I hope at least.

clutchdabear, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Completely agree.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Remlap

Remlap Member

It's BACK ON tomorrow.
    Can't wait. FINALLY some game action

[​IMG]

ak99999, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  18. bmd

bmd Member

He can't sign until he clears waivers. It takes 48 hours to clear waivers. He was officially waived around 10:00 a.m. on February 18, so he will clear waivers at around 10:00 a.m. on February 20... so, tomorrow morning.

No team has cap space, so he's guaranteed to clear waivers since no team can absorb his salary. Then he'll be free to sign with the Rockets.

#278 bmd, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    ak99999, Relativist, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  19. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Hopefully they play with some focus and not like the last time they played the warriors.

They need to start playing better against bad teams. They just play over confident and lack of effort against many lottery teams. Now we got RoCo, Russ, Pj and Carroll I think Rivers too, who always give a lot of effort. They gotta push Harden whenever he gets into his lethargic or unfocused games.

D-rock and Remlap like this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

im talking in height alone....u going to far. somethings the emergency is just height.tyson chandler would guard embid type centers better then any guy u just listed minus clint who u cant get. im talking these buy outs. cause those other guys dont do anything roco tucker house mac river wouldnt do better. n u not gonna play a 7 footer bender in our system cause that wouldnt be better then just small ball. so its no purpose

D-rock likes this.