1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Venom 2 : Let There Be Carnage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not 100% sure if this is a 'MCU' movie even though it's in the Sony Spiderverse but whatever...

Venom 2 Star Tom Hardy Helping Pen Sequel Script

After recently confirming himself as the director, Andy Serkis has provided an update on Sony's Venom 2 and the involvement of returning star Tom Hardy.

While appearing at a summer Television Critics Association press event to promote FX's upcoming adaptation of A Christmas Carol, Serkis noted that active development on the sequel is still in its early stages as he begins pre-visualization work on the characters. Interestingly, Serkis also revealed that Hardy is working with screenwriter Kelly Marcel on the film's story.

[​IMG]

RELATED: Venom 2: Tom Hardy Fuels Speculation Of Andy Serkis Directing

"Tom was very involved with the writing, with Kelly Marcel, of the new story," Serkis said. "So it's very much centered around their take."

Details about the sequel to last year's surprise box office smash are currently under wraps. The previous film had concluded with Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote reaching an understanding about their bond as they defended San Francisco as the city's lethal protector from crime.

After having previously directed Mowgli for Netflix, Serkis is excited to be helm the eagerly anticipated sequel.

"I'm excited to work with all the great actors who are involved. It's a fantastic franchise," Serkis explained. "I'm really honored to have been asked to direct it. And it feels like it's a very, again, very contemporary story. And it's I think it's going to be, hopefully, a story piece of cinema."

tmoney1101 and donkeypunch like this.
  2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

hopefully they get more of a free license to make it darker this time

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I would love to see Tom Hardy terrorize Tom Holland in a multi verse Spiderman movie.

4. Xerobull

VENOM 2: Tom Hardy Shares A First Look At Woody Harrelson As Cletus Kasady In The Sequel
    [​IMG]
    It's no secret that Venom 2 will pit Eddie Brock against the villainous Cletus Kasady/Carnage, and Tom Hardy has now shared a first official look at Woody Harrelson in Andy Serkis' sequel. Check it out!
    Josh Wilding | 2/17/2020
    Filed Under: "Venom 2"
    [​IMG]
    Venom 2 heads our way this October, and with shooting recently wrapping up in the UK, it surely won't be too much longer until we get our first offical look at the highly anticipated sequel.

Plot details are being kept a closely guarded secret, but Woody Harrelson will be suiting up as Carnage to take a bite out of Eddie Brock. Now, Tom Hardy has shared a first look at the character and, as you can see, that goofy wig from Venom's post-credits scene is thankfully nowhere to be seen!

Regardless of how you felt about that movie, it was a fantastic sequence and one which perfectly set the stage for the follow-up. However, it was also widely ridiculed due to Harrelson's appearance, so it's a relief to see him looking a little more normal here...with a brightly coloured shirt.

It's certainly a unique look for the villain, but the serial killer is bound to be enjoying his newfound freedom, and it looks like he's wearing some sort of sinister skull necklace as well.

What's your take on this first look at Cletus Kasady in Venom 2?

[​IMG]

5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Trainwreck incoming

6. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The first one was better than it had a right to be.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

dun care, will watch

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

also:

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's symbiote. 2020 is the year that keeps on giving.

11. Xerobull

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I liked the 1st Venom movie...hope this one is better

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. conquistador#11

I liked this Venom film more than these new spidey flicks, starting from 2012 to now.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

First Trailer is out.....

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why does Venom sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger and Cookie Monster had a baby? He didn't sound like that in the first one, did he?

Jontro and tinman like this.
  17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

So this one is only available in theaters. What happened to HBO max breh breh

conquistador#11, Xerobull and tinman like this.
  18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Don't like all the forced humour but still should enjoy.

19. Xerobull

They seem to be trying to target the Deadpool demographic with that trailer.

I guess I need to watch the first one.

tinman likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It was ok very nice visuals but the story was just meh and it did have a deadpool vibe.

I give it a strong B because I am not really worried about plot.