1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Bernie Sanders for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 19, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We?

LOL.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't use @FranchiseBlade poor choice of diction here to form a narrative.

People like AOC, Bernie and Warren are policy driven ideologists even if you believe their policy is not pragmatic.

Trump is not an ideological person and just throws red meat and on top of that has repeatedly use violent rhetoric.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yup, I have not seen any indications yet that Bernie will destroy the system like Trump.

4. fchowd0311

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-electi...c-group-due-to-doctored-bernie-sanders-video/

No comments huh? I'm trying to find an article from CNN or MsNBC on this Biden bro who falsly edited a video of Bernie and labeled Bernie as a "self hating Jew".

Why no limelight on Biden Bros?

I should expect a CNN article here because there threshold to report "bro behavior" is angry tweets from anonymous accounts.

So where is it?

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

6. Buck Turgidson

Well, sure, because there'd only be 3 people there.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sanders doesn't want to destroy the system like Trump has but he has indicated he wants to destroy our medical, tax and large parts of our economic system. His campaign theme is "Revolution" that's not a call to preserve our current system.

joshuaao and jiggyfly like this.
  8. fchowd0311

Ya he does want to destory one of the most abusive and predatory health insurance systems in the developed world.

I do agree it needs a slow rollout phase to not shock the economy too much in the short term especially for the jobs lost in the health insurance industry. His changes unfortunately will have long term benefits and a strong possibility of short term damage which Americans hate. They want to see their quarterly GDP growth numbers. We are conditioned to believe in growth for growth's sake.

#1588 fchowd0311, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I do not think he is going to get anything done if he gets elected, at least that is my opinion. I do not believe he Democrat party is going to treat him as the GOP is treating Trump. Trump on the other hand is trying to destroy our whole system of government, all established protocols and rule of law. After Trump, why should any president respect any law in this country?

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, don't leave out a bully and a con, compulsive liar, and narcissist.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bernie up 11% on the national average polling now, a round of polls were released yesterday and today and Bernie is really surging up.

Nevada up 14%, California up 12% in the averages.

Latest Utah poll up 13%, latest Maine poll up 9%, lates Texas poll up 2%, latest SC, NC and Virginia polls tied for 1st

If these trends are accurate Bernie could take a nice lead by the end of Super Tuesday.

Roxfreak724 likes this.
  13. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Obama at this point in the race (January 19th, 16 days after the iowa caucus), had an RCP average of 33.2% in a field of just 3 candidates.

RCP Average for Bernie now at 27.8% in a field of 8 candidates.

For a guy who had been written off by the media so often, this campaign has put on a dominating performance.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this goes beyond the Nevada debate context:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/02/debate-tidbits.php

excerpt:

THE MORALITY OF COMMUNISM:

Last night, Bernie Sanders pronounced the distribution of income in the United States “immoral.” This raises the question of what distribution of income would be moral, and why.

I can think of only two distributions that can be defended on moral grounds. One is perfectly equal distribution. The other is the distribution that would exist absent any redistribution of income or government interference other than neutral enforcement of basic criminal laws.

I don’t support either type of income distribution, and I doubt many Americans do. But without embracing one or the other, or describing a similarly grounded alternative, it’s hard to see how morality can be an arbiter of income distribution.

But here’s the real problem. When a politician claims the ability to declare particular income distribution results “immoral,” as opposed to simply undesirable, it opens the door to totalitarianism, including the persecution and possible elimination of those who possess an “immoral” amount of wealth.

It’s no accident that communism, the ideology that focuses heavily on how income should be distributed, invariably gave rise to totalitarian regimes. It’s no accident that Bernie Sanders sympathizes with communism. It’s no accident that many of Sanders’s supporters resemble the thugs who make up the shock troops of totalitarian regimes.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Corrosion and joshuaao like this.
  16. TheresTheDagger

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...despised-democrats-in-1980s-said-a-jfk-speech
    Bernie Sanders Despised Democrats In 1980s, Said A JFK Speech Once Made Him Sick
    More at link....

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

“I don’t care, frankly, who Putin wants to be president,” Sanders said in a statement to The Washington Post. “My message to Putin is clear: Stay out of American elections, and as president I will make sure that you do.“ - Bernie

meanwhile Moscow Mitch has a stack of election security bills on his desk that he’s not even willing to bring to the floor.

this is exactly what Putin wants, delegitimize our elections. Trump and his supporters will be frothing at the mouth to invalidate the outcome when he goes down. 2020 will be the biggest test of our democracy in our lifetime.

18. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

he knew about it for a month... the only time he brought it up at all was to distance himself from Bernie Bro twitter behavior

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wonder if the Bernie haters here will say this is a conspiracy theory too? Interesting. Keep that same energy, guys, lol.