1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Bloomberg versus Trump is great for America either way. I will have my popcorn ready for the debates.
    I will really respect the Democratic party if they rally behind Bloomberg and would be ok with him as
    President.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I see him purchasing various minority politicians .. . like Syl Turner
    (Which has me very pissed with Syl)

Among my friends and collegues - everyone is looking at his racist past.

Rocket River

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Among my friends and colleagues he is getting a very good look and the numbers in polling back me up.

Maybe Syl is just grateful for this.

https://www.bloomberg.org/program/founders-projects/american-cities-initiative/

But its easier top claim he is buying black support instead of blacks actually seeing he has done some good things.

Is Bernie supporting the crime bill racist?

4. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

“Why do we need Haiti?” Trump interjected, rhetorically, according to reports. “Take them out.”

When immigration from African countries came up, Trump complained, “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” He then suggested bringing immigrants to the United States from Norway, a country that, many observers noted, is overwhelmingly white.

In addition to the “shithole” comment, the complaint cites Trump’s campaign announcement speech, in which he referred to Mexican immigrants as “rapists”; his frequent comparison of immigrants to snakes; his outlandish assertion that Haitian immigrants to the U.S. “all have AIDS”; his comment that Nigerian immigrants would never “go back to their huts”; and the lie he has repeatedly told about Arab-Americans in New Jersey cheering after the Twin Towers fell on 9/11.

[​IMG]

In addition to the “shithole” comment, the complaint cites Trump’s campaign announcement speech, in which he referred to Mexican immigrants as “rapists”; his frequent comparison of immigrants to snakes; his outlandish assertion that Haitian immigrants to the U.S. “all have AIDS”; his comment that Nigerian immigrants would never “go back to their huts”; and the lie he has repeatedly told about Arab-Americans in New Jersey cheering after the Twin Towers fell on 9/11.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

TheFreak, RayRay10, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

*Shrug*

I don't care if Trump is elected

Rocket River.

How does Trump getting reelected aline with your interest?

TheFreak and adoo like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Of course they did and it should be somewhat expected.

The Bernie Bros can get down and dirty just like the President and other politicians.

Hopefully they read everything that was actually said and in the context it was said prior to making any decisions.

Some Bernie Sanders supporters are obsessed with money........ anyone that does not support Sanders has been bought off by capitalist pigs..... anyone that questions the finances of funding a 100 trillion dollar platform is immediately called out for not questioning the cost of previous candidate platforms (even though no candidate has ever put forth anything of that cost).

At the end of the day, it is politics and perhaps it will work and Sanders will win the nomination and then the Presidency........ all is fair in love and war.

8. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

That’s the point. As a powerful disruptive candidate, he and his supporters are as responsible for the win or loss.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He and Bloomberg ... . as far as my demographic. . .are about the same
    Bloomberg may get those kids out of the cages at the border. .. but the price is putting more of my demographic;s kids in cages
    As seen in his stint as NY Mayor.
    so
    To me .. . it is a non starter. . . I am good on with National Wide Stop and Frisk

Trump will burn America
    Bloomberg will burn my part of America
    it maybe better for America but it would not be better for me .. .

Rocket River

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What is your demographic?

12. Nook

Nook Member

Michael Bloomberg is currently second in the newest national poll. As expected Sanders is leading by 10-12 points.

What is interesting is that there is a lot of room for Bloomberg to rise or fall.

Bloomberg does very well with rural/small down democrats. Sanders is leading that demographic but Bloomberg is coming on very strong. A lot of people seem perplexed by this...... to me it makes perfect sense that Bloomberg would do well in this demographic.

Bloomberg is leading in self identified moderates and is quickly making up ground with minorities.

At this point no one knows what will happen with Bloomberg....... but he is making a very strong push. He will need to find a way to continue to peel off minority support, primarily from Joe Biden.

Assuming that Bloomberg doesn't flame out, I suspect he will continue to gain steam in the rural/small town demographic and the non-college white voter demographic. He will need to at a minimum need to get the support of the over 40 year old black vote.

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

the debate tomorrow night should tell us all we need to know about his viability. I'm looking forward to everyone having to answer tough questions about their campaigns

Hakeemtheking, Nook and Major like this.
  14. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Nook likes this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Minority American (African American specifically)

Bloomberg has shown he will burn my community for the appearance of being "tough on crime"
    He believes that ending RedLining caused economic collapse

Just a small example

Rocket River

16. Major

Major Member

Somehow, this Biden/Bloomberg/Pete/Amy logjam has to cleared up. Not sure how, but as long they keep attacking each other, Bernie coasts along. It's fine in these early states, but it's going to make a mess of things on Super Tuesday.

Jayzers_100 and jiggyfly like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with you.

A strong performance and he will have a positive news cycle and will likely narrow the gap and pick off a lot of the Biden/Klobuchar voters.

A poor debate and he will be absolutely crushed in the media and be finished.

There are a lot of voters........ Biden/Klobuchar/Buttigieg that are not sold on their candidate.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

19. foh

foh Member

The guy basically says that it's ok for farmers to go bancrupt or for TRUMP to interfere with free market by implementing random non-approved taxes on constituents because Chinese "don't understand words".

Most importantly, it says nothing about what would make a good deal and why is it that market is reacting so badly to the news of the escalating tariff war. Markets don't pay attention to news media much - they have trained economists to guide them.

A pretty useless article if you ask me.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am also African American and I don't feel that way so you are not speaking for everybody in your demographic and it shows because AA voters are flocking to him from Biden.

Don't like how he said it when speaking about Stop and Frisk and the collapse but it is a reasonable when you look deeper at what he said.

There is some nuance.