1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 VP favorites

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jayzers_100, Feb 15, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Had to look up the author and she seems to be about shadding everybody she can with nuclear hot takes.

But I admit I want to do some research on Abrams, she has come out of nowhere.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Oh I think the writer is largely full of it as can be seen in what her other topics have been. We will likely see more of these attacks though and we will not know where the funding came from and if there ideologically based or financially based.

The article is interesting because it is already bringing up the possibility of a Bloomberg/Abrams ticket and shows there is a history there.

Abrams is extremely bright and clever and her strengths play very well with the weaknesses Bloomberg has. She is farther to the left than Bloomberg, she is a relatively young female and she is African American with strong grass root ties to a number of people. I would not be surprised if Trump and Sanders (through his operatives) go at her and Bloomberg.

joshuaao, RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I call Kamala the grim reaper .... she kept a guy on death row and fought against DNA evidence being introduced that could have cleared him. The guy was eventually granted a stay ....

There is NO reason not to bring DNA evidence into a case , particularly a death penalty case other than covering your own incompetence. If you get it wrong , an innocent man is dead. That's completely unacceptable period underline bold all caps.

I will not vote for a ticket with that vile b!tch on it.

That's a big part of why she couldn't get any minority support

4. edwardc

edwardc Member

She would be a good choice for me Harris, Booker and Klobuchar are all good choices that can take out pence with no problems.

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

If you’re referring to Tulsi Gabbard’s claim that Harris blocked evidence in Kevin Cooper’s case; that’s inaccurate. Harris was in favor of further DNA testing when the issue was presented to her.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2019...-Tests-In-Cooper-Case-As-Tulsi-Gabbard-Claims

baller4life315 likes this.
  6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

In any event, if Klobuchar wins the nom someone like Booker would be a far better choice since he was a former public defender and strong advocate for justice reform; would be a nice balance

7. adoo

adoo Member

no, just like 2008, It was her complacency

thinking that she already had Wi, Oh, Mi and Pa in the bag and, thus, during the last 3 wks, devoting all her campaign’s resources in Fla​

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not directing at this you, but more broadly. Hillary campaigned extensively in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania. She lost all of those states. The states she did ignore, mainly Michigan and Wisconsin, wouldn’t have been enough to deliver her the Presidency.

There’s not an obvious correlation between campaign visits and election results.

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't particularly care for Booker .... But I could stomach him as VP to Klobuchar.

Anything's better than Kamala , even that **** on the bottom of your shoe.

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I want Adam Schiff.

Someone has to remind the country at every turn just how many crimes Trump has committed... so far.

None better than the eloquent and masterful Schiff. The kind of man you want as your wingman. Tell it like it is, but with... FACTS.

Trump’s face would melt from Schiff’s methodical Tony Romo like breakdown of Trump’s criminal presidency at every debate with Mike Pence.

Also, this has the added benefit of allowing the Democratic nominee to focus on policy and the duties of government on the campaign trail. Meanwhile, Schiff can land big punches and bear the brunt of Trump’s attacks.

You know Trump wants to run a nasty mud-slinging campaign based on lies, attacks, and projections. That’s the only thing he knows how to do. So you have to go after him with some real ammo and nothing is better than the impeachment manager himself.

#50 ghettocheeze, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I really like Schiff and normally he would be a perfectly fine choice, but I think he’s served his purpose this year. Nothing wrong with a new face attacking Trump on the same fronts. The more people who expose him, the better. Schiff will be painted as biased since he led the impeachment proceedings

FrontRunner likes this.
  12. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I would love to see a Pete and Booker ticket just so i can see the right lose it when they win.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Under normal political circumstances, I would agree with your assessment.

However, at a time when Mitch McConnell and the rest of the GOP have sold out to protect Trump's criminal presidency, I think the idea of restraining bias towards Trump is foolish. No quarters should given to criminals and accomplices. Civility and decorum went out the window all long time ago with this brand of GOP.

Trump needs to be attacked relentless for his crimes. There is no point in taking the high road with him. You need an attack dog. Now, I say Schiff is the man for this job, but I'm open to the idea of a fresh face if it helps the optics, but it must be someone who will do it with the same passion and intensity as Schiff.

Who else do you think is fit for this role?

14. baller4life315

The one I can’t figure out is Bloomberg.

My first inclination is Stacey Abrams or someone African American that can, perhaps, help heal the wounds of S&F, along with his other discriminatory practices as mayor.

But there’s also part of me that thinks offering Bernie the role, in that situation, might actually give the ticket the best chance at winning. Assuming, of course, the VP spot would be enough to entice his passionate base to fight for the party and the ticket as hard as they fight for him.

I realize putting two nearly 80-year-old white dudes on the ticket would look/feel weird, but conventional wisdom doesn’t really apply to 2020 politics.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Strange list of names...but it's still early. I don't want Hillary anywhere near the ticket. Not because I hate her or anything, but we've done this song and dance too many times now. Her time came and went

baller4life315 likes this.
  17. baller4life315

That and she would never accept the offer.

I wonder if the people that named Senator Brown are aware of how the process of choosing his successor works? Yeah. Not happening.

Beto? Also not happening.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Omar definitely not happening either