1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA All-Star 2020

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by YOLO, Jan 2, 2020.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Teams yes, but not necessarily all stars. Besides, you're really going to ignore the disparity between LeBron's and Giannis's team? Giannis will NEVER be a GM picking like he did lol

2. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Just change back to East vs West thing, but with a new format like this on Sunday.

BigShasta and da_juice like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

I mean, that’s Giannis’s fault for being that dumb. Did u notice how most of Giannis’s team was composed of EC All-Stars making the disparity seem so huge?

last night’s ASG was much better than what we’d been seeing lately...they should keep that format...if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

4. xaos

xaos Member

That game was amazing. It was actually competition at the highest level. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. The only thing is, the whole 4th quarter I was enjoying while worrying one would get injured. A+ stuff though!

Patience, BigShasta and malakas like this.
  5. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

I don't know, maybe it is just me. But the score to start the final quarter is 133 - 124. That is already eery to me. I get that you'll add 24 for the higher score to win but for the lower score team to win, they need to score guess what...33! What the F?

6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I know the Kobe thing was just a one time deal. I am proposing to do target scoring by quarter. Make it an ultimate pick up game.

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Look at it like this: the goal for both teams, at the end of the day, is to score 157 points to win the game. If you're a team complaining about the disparity at the start of the final quarter, well...it's your own damn fault for not doing better than the opposing team for the first three quarters.

YOLO likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

The funny thing is he truely believes he absolutely need to take shots at harden on and off the court

BigShasta likes this.
  10. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Am not complaining :).

Just pointing out that Kobe's jersey numbers keep unintentionally cropping up in the score save for that 24 to be added. What are the chances...

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

True - aside from 3 players on either teams - it was East vs West. Team Lebron could’ve done without Sabonis

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Amazing to watch James Harden and Chris Paul play together. Didn't really look like they hated each other. Chris paul with the dunk....wow.. miss the guy.

13. leangle25

leangle25 Member

14. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Maybe you misheard? I don't see how Reggie could've been mixed up since he and Weber (?) interviewed CP during warmups about him suggesting the All-Star game change up to Silver.

BigShasta likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup it was. confirmed by at least 3-4 interviews with him

BigShasta likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I definitely misheard then. I watched none of the pregame leading up to the start and was on and off during most of the first half. Just want to thank CP3 for his time here and invigorating new life to what was a dead event.

17. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

i just noticed Luka didn't finish the game but cp3 was able to. Hmmm may be a sign of things to come

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Glad Ingram grew up.

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Forgot all about that moment. Ingram goes back on my **** list.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member