1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Nah, I’m not into that. To each his own though. :D

2. astros123

astros123 Member

Its disappointing seeing Trout rip the players. For a guy as quiet as humble as he is to have such a strong opinion about the scandal is not a good look. If you guys think this doesn't effect FA signings in the future then you guys are delirious.

MadMax likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

I love DP.
    Who doesn't love DP?

[​IMG]

*When I used to drink soda.

msn and mikol13 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

But what you really mean is...

1E6CDF61-D02C-4F50-91EE-4374D0880908.jpeg

J.R. likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Why is it surprising? Because Trout shies away from the media doesn't mean that he is especially bright.

The Yankees signed Cole and the Dodgers just traded for two known cheaters...... it really isn't going to make much difference. Players will go where there is money and an opportunity to win.

lw17, clutchdabear, mikol13 and 5 others like this.
  7. SuraGotMadHops

It's just astounding to me how the players and media with the most to lose are the ones that cry the most. Bellinger shares a clubhouse with two folks who just arrived fresh from Boston, who cheated, and BEAT THE DODGERS in 2018. On top of that, he had a record setting bad WS performance at the plate in 2017. Maybe he shouldn't bring attention to himself. Trout has a teammate that DIED due to an opioid controversy. There is also an implication he uses a loophole to take prescribed HGH - hmm, maybe you shouldn't bring attention to yourself. Dodgers media - just acquired two cheaters - hmm,maybe you shouldn't bring attention to yourself. And lastly, Yankee nation, who the "Godfather" Beltran had just came from and could have implemented this system BEFORE AND AFTER 2017 with the Yankees, oh, and they insist the Astros cheated in 18 and 19, but gleefully wrote a blank check to Gerrit Cole who was on the Astros in 18 and 19, but nah he's cool! Hmm, maybe you shouldn't bring attention to yourself.

What an effing joke.

lw17, everyday eddie and RayRay10 like this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

And the Astros certainly aren't the only team affording that to both...theirs just comes with the added "bonus" of taking the vitriol of pretty much all of MLB at this point. I respectfully disagree with you on this topic...I don't think guys are going to be thrilled to jump on board what this team is going to be in store for. You're going to see guys get treated like crap all season long who had nothing to do with 2017. I don't think it's the same thing for the Dodgers and Yankees to sign guys who were with the Astros...as it is for any individual to sign up to be with the Astros right now.

i have no idea how long that effect will last, but I don't expect it to end after this season alone.

astros123, Nook and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

A lot will depend on how successful this season is as well.

Handles, Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I haven't been to a game in two years. I'd like to go to the Yankees games in May, but I assume they're sold out.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

This whole thing has become completely blown out of proportion and taken on a life of its own. The outrage doesn’t even make sense to me anymore.

lw17, mikol13, htwnbandit and 10 others like this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

There is no question that the Astros will be treated like crap all year long, and it will either galvanize them or they will suffer.

Having said that, I don't think it will be that big a factor a year from now or two years from now if they are winning.

It will eventually die down and not be the topic of the day.... and free agent signing isn't as big a concern for the Astros as trading for controllable players.

MadMax and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Mr. Space City

It's only so big because 2 of the most popular teams (Yankees & Dodgers) and 2 of the biggest media markets (New York city & Los Angeles) feels like they were robbed of a championship.

If the Red Sox did this to the Tampa Bay Ray's, this would have been blown over.

msn, jiggyfly, Handles and 3 others like this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

I say just give up the trophy, just give up the rings. But, I want the Astros to spill the beans. Spill ALL the beans. Let’s hear everything they know about all the other teams that cheat.

The championship will always be tainted, so just give it up. We can’t really talk or brag about that championship, so just give it up.

But, damn it. It’s not fair that the Astros are the only team that gets crucified when other teams also do crooked stuff. Don’t tell me the Astros were the only team in all of baseball doing this kind of stuff.

Give up the title. But, spill the beans and let everyone know the truth about the sport of baseball.

lw17 likes this.
  15. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

And apparently he is ok with his own team literally killing one of their players last year

Maybe being soft spoken doesn’t make you a good guy?

**** him

lw17 and RayRay10 like this.
  16. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yea controversy or not we ain’t signing a big money free agent anytime soon.

MadMax likes this.
  17. alethios

alethios Member

I guarantee there would be lots of **** coming out if Astros were stripped of their WS title. It's probably what keeps Manfred up at night.

18. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I would like to see Baseball Armageddon unleashed at this point.

#2518 Chilly_Pete, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    lw17 and clutchdabear like this.
  19. HookemHorns1250

So Torres comes out and says he believed we cheated in ‘19. No evidence, just a hunch, and it’s put on the front page of espn. Nice.

I love in his statement he literally says “I don’t want to say that they definitely cheated”, even though that’s exactly what you said.

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And the funny thing is, the same dude that said Altuve had buzzers also said Gleyber used buzzers. Where’s the hate for him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.