1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official Thread] Media/Player Reaction to James Harden 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 18, 2019.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The lengths that you will go to in an effort to discredit Harden are so ridiculous. Look man, he is a good post defender. The only legitimate point you've made is that the NBA has gone away from post up play so it's not particularly valuable. That's accurate. All these other hoops you're jumping through are pathetic. Saying that refs allow him to foul out of sympathy? Good lord. Saying that good offensive players "lose their fundamentals" when they go against him? You're essentially using the "they actually aren't even trying" argument. That's what I said when I was 8 years old and lost to my friends at video games.

macho GRANDE, HP3, Sooty and 14 others like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Dude, you watch the games I assume? The 20 swipes Harden attempts per post defensive possession, you would cry foul every time if you were a opposing team fan or if it happened to Yao or Hakeem.

Harden gets away with PLENTY of swipes and hand checking on post defense but I assume a lot of smaller players on post defense get away with it too.

3. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He clearly hates Harden.

He would rather us lose a game and blame Harden in the process than supporting our team when we win with Harden carrying us. After we lose, he can then say, "I told you so. That Harden guy isn't good enough and should be traded as soon as possible."

I'm not a big House fan. But do I hate him and want him to fail? No. I support him each game. I want him to be the consistent guy he was last season. I'll continue to support House. I just want the Rockets to win.

4. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Could you be anymore lame?

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

He really can, just getting warmed up.

b****es love an audience.

Blurr#7, coyotetex, ROXTXIA and 2 others like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Another thread and you are going in on Harden.

Yeesh!

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So now the refs are protecting Harden?

Really that's where you are going with this?

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Refs protect smaller defenders on post players all the time. Do you remember Yao? They let them get away with swipes on the arm and reach ins far more often than when someone of similar size defends them.

9. Mr. Space City

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't know why you guys bother responding to fchow, at least in matters regarding Harden. Guy has a clear as crystal agenda against Harden and goes full clown mode pushing it. I didn't even have to check ignored posts to know it was him. That's what a predictable, pathetic little person he is.

Louka, ico4498, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  11. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Yeah they protect him so much they miss a ton of critical calls regarding his landing space, drop kicks to the head and eye gouges. He often gets hit driving to the rim with no call late in games.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

First off post defense still matters, it just doesn't matter as much as it is used to and it is played differently than in the past. Faster players that can make proper reads are more important than the tall stiff player.

Second, Harden's instincts in defending the post are excellent. He has a very strong lower body, has quick hands and nearly a 7'0" wingspan.

The Rockets have even been having Harden defend centers.

The "losing fundamentals" line is a bunch of bull ****.

macho GRANDE, Reeko, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Since going to the small line up Harden is averaging 9.6 rebounds a game.

#2 Harden has an almost 7'0" wingspan, he isn't giving up as much size as everyone thinks.

#3 The amount of scoring in the paint has been increasing.

Reeko, HP3, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

pippendagimp, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Exactly, chow has a **** eating grin on his face right now. He slurps up attention like he does semen.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

never seen somebody’s trash posts get obliterated and demolished by facts as often as fchump’s...what an idiot

all the pure sh*t that his little fingers type gets swept up and tossed in the dumpster out back by a plethora of facts backed up by research and good analysis each and every time...it’s too easy

Fyreball and D-rock like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sweet Jesus everyone on TV is saying Harden was shook in the All-star game when he locked up every franchise player in the east. They are running the press conference where Giannis said he was targeting harden, but not showing Harden locking up everyone including Giannis.

Bomani Jones is hating hard as hell.

Man I hate the media.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Shook? In what way?

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They are saying he passed up a layup to win the game, saying he didn't want it when Giannis and Kemba closed out hard on him and he passed to an open CP3. Bomani all over ESPN right now Harden was shook in an All-Star game.

Harden had a huge 3 to tie up the game and 2 big fts AND lock down defense.

I know this was a meaningless game but these guys were trying hard and Harden stepped up.

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  20. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member