1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giannis disses James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 6, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No. Stop confusing disagreements with trolling. To think that Harden is a more talented finisher at the rim than Kobe is more of a trollish opinion amongst the general public who've seen both play.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if harden was actually injuired I bet @fchowd0311 and his fellow LOFs will be the first to celebrate

clutchdabear, D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Maybe it is cultural, I do not know.

The vast majority of people in the USA would know to keep that in house unless you want a reaction.

In fairness to Giannis his parents are from Nigeria, he grew up in Greece and now is playing in the USA. That is hard enough... having to adapt.... he wasn't even recognized as a Greek citizen for most of his life......... his formal education is poor and very limited and he grew up in poverty.... so maybe it isn't realistic.

AroundTheWorld and D-rock like this.
  4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

It's funny that he takes shots are Harden when the dude has serious flaws in his game as well. Oh well. He is mentally weak.

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  5. malakas

malakas Member

If they cant win then he will simply leave Bud, and go join other superstars and form a new superteam.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Sadly he may do that either way.

It has become the norm in the NBA for players to go to 4-5 different destinations in the USA. I understand that the media coverage is larger, but the reality is that there really isn't that large a step down from a quality of life stand point between LA and the majority of the USA.

D-rock, malakas and Marteen like this.
  7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

1. If you even bothered to check the numbers you would see....

Through their age 30 seasons Harden still got to the rim MORE and finished BETTER than Kobe.

2. Who gives a **** what area of the floor he eliminated. You were the one spouting off the the unverified(AS USUAL) bullshit that Kobe was better at getting to and finishing at the rim.

3. You will say anything to spin things negatively for Harden.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Last year was his 6th year in the NBA so let's not confuse his young age for any kind of lack of experience. As for that dropoff I mentioned in the quote you replied to? That's a significant dropoff. If you want to go down the "one season of relevant post season experience" route:

LeBron 1st relevant postseason experience (let's use 10+ games as 1st relevant postseason experience):
    2005/2006:
    Regular season FG%: 48%
    Playoffs FG%: 47.6%

Kawhi:
    2011/2012:
    Regular season FG%: 49.3%
    Playoffs FG%: 50%

Harden:
    2010/2011:
    Regular season FG%: 43.6%
    Playoffs FG%: 47.5%

as a Rocket:
    2014/2015:
    Regular season FG%: 44%
    Playoffs FG%: 43.9%

Giannis:
    2018/2019
    Regular season FG%: 57.8%
    Playoffs FG%: 49.2%

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He could still learn alot from Budenholzer, so good advice would be after another 3-4 years.

10. malakas

malakas Member

He went to public high school like most children here. It is not a matter of education or culture but of character.

His brother Thanasis who grew in similar circumstances is extremely well spoken and bright to the point that if he were to go into politics I would honestly vote for him.

There are some things in a persons character that can make them a great athlete but under normal life are flaws, like being too focused and not paying attention to how other people may perceive your behaviour.

Anyway my point is that this wasnt said will ill intentions. There are many other examples where he has spoken equally bluntly about other opponents who arent his MVP rivals.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Because he has ben dissing Harden since picking the team and he specifically named Harden in this moment.

Why did he need tp explain the tactic of an all star game?

12. steddinotayto

I don't like the jabs he took at Harden but I respect Giannis' work ethic because most didn't give him any chance to be an All-Star when he was drafted. That being said, I hope he stays in Milwaukee because the kid still has room to grow. The dig I made about his shooting % between the regular season and playoffs is real--he needs to create/establish offensive moves that he can go to when the usual "I can overpower my way into the lane" don't go as planned.

D-rock likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

Why are you cherry picking seasons?

Gainnis has 2 playoff seasons, one of which he wasn't even close to the superstar he is today. Also Gainnis entered the league at w much younger age than Harden and significantly more raw.

Also the Bucks team around Gainnis in his first playoffs run was far inferior to what Harden had on OKC.

Post all of Harden's playoff averages in scoring efficiency as a Rocket. Don't cherry pick one season.

14. malakas

malakas Member

I dont know what is good or bad.
    I don t trust his criteria very much.
    He was the only player who still supported Kidd when he was obviously the worst coach in the league and all the other roster had turned against him.
    He has the habit to make friends in the team with only the worst possible players like MCW and Thon Maker and thought that Knight was amazing.
    We all saw how he GMs, even a casual NBA fan could make better choices.

Maybe according to him the best player to go and play with is Kyrie Irving who knows.

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

It does seem weird that he seems to make it a point to call out Harden. Strange since it's an All-Star game, and is supposed to be kind of a fun event.

16. steddinotayto

You wanted to compare 1st "relevant post season experience" and I gave that to you. I set the bar at 10 games which, more or less, has a team going past the 2nd round in the playoffs. If you want to set the bar lower in terms of playoff games let me know and I can crunch those numbers for you. Or if you want, we can use minutes per game played, or whatever other stat you want.

D-rock and J Sizzle like this.
  17. steddinotayto

Steph Curry and his teammates are rubbing off on Giannis during those "video game sessions".

clutchdabear, D-rock and RayRay10 like this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

Because that's what he does in post game interviews. For him this was normal and he didn't call out Harden on purpose. He just explained the coach instructions.

As I said he has said "casually" much worse things in his effort to explain things.

Does he like Harden? No
    Does he wants to embarass Harden? Equally no.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do you bring your "disagreements" about Harden in every thread, what's the purpose?

Why don you keep saying false statements about Harden like all he does is flop on every shot when the general public who have seen him play knows it's not true.

Really when is the last time you have seen his head snap back on a lay up?

I can't remember it happening this year or last.

20. fchowd0311

Last regular season game? You truly are not paying attention. Every game Harden cocks his head back a few times when driving to the rim with his arms sticking out.