1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dating At Work

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da_juice, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Something is not right. Dig deeper.

- A Friend

da_juice likes this.
  2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Unless you work at a bar or schlitterbahn I wouldn’t recommend taking a date to work.

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Do it if you don't care about the job.

Any relationship involving coworkers with non-equal power dynamics is very risky.
    On a side note, I was on Blind a few days ago and saw someone asking if it was OK to date someone from HR. Hilarious thread ensued.

da_juice and B-Bob like this.
  4. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I would put whatever feelings you have for her aside and work hard to make her look good. When you feel like you've earned her respect, you can be a little friendlier to her... but aim no higher than potential friend, i.e., someone she feels like she can trust and confide in, and you're out nothing.

Know going in that it's probably not going to go the way you would like it. Be okay with that.

- My two cents.

da_juice likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wish you good fortune!

da_juice likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Still waiting for the drawing, sir.

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Every solid relationship I've had recently has started with a random Dick Pic.

Trust me. This never fails.

8. Buck Turgidson

daywalker02, B-Bob and Nook like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

pic of chick

Yung-T and Air Yordan like this.
  10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do it! All these people crying of caution - gtfo. This works because she is the boss. That's the best possible arrangement! If she were a subordinate - hell no. If she were equal - maybe. But if she's the damn boss?? Hell yeah. No worries about people claiming you used your power/influence to get her in the sack.

11. Buck Turgidson

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Don't do it there are too many consequences that are bad to do this.

da_juice and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. da_juice

da_juice Member

Update: I think Im getting old because I just a party with a slight buzz, walked away from a few people who clearly tried to start **** (never party with old Southern money. They start off their conversation as fiscal conservatives but end the night reminiscing about sharecropping. I wish I was joking. Nothing IMO is a bigger turnoff than an otherwise pretty woman in her 20s lament the civil rights movement).

It really is incredible what some people will say after a few daiquaris and once all the black people leave the party; but I digress.

I talked to a female friend of mine. I still enjoy the single life but the older I get the more I find myself valuing genuine connection over a nice pair of t***. I guess thats just part of growing up; I just never knew it would hit so fast...

one thing I should mention is that Im really excited not just to see her again but to actually work under/with her. Im going to be her point man for a big CRM database migration and she's just fun to be around even during work.

I want to say it sting if I found out she was married or something but tbh, the idea of us dating always seemed so fsr fetched that Im just happy to see her again before I leave DC

ima_drummer2k and Nook like this.
  14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Also just weird to me that a lot of my older friends- some if whom are married- still love roasting me for "hitting on everyone". I really just genuinely like meeting new people- male or female. Maybe iys because Im a few miracles removed from dying last month; but it astonishes me how much we take for granted or neglect to do

mikol13 and Yung-T like this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How many solid relationships have you had? Was it your Dick? If not, why do you have random Dick pics on your phone?

mikol13 and Nook like this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Dont listen to the pansies in this thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Instead, just smash it!

[​IMG]

And then immediately ask for a raise!

As pure an unadulterated, honest-to-goodness, performance review as you will ever get.

Worst outcome?

[​IMG]

da_juice likes this.
  17. BleedsRocketRed

6 months later OP is going to post a thread asking if anyone knows of companies hiring

Seriously though, my advice is DON'T.

It maybe fun at first, but if things go sideways it will make for VERY awkward days at work and you will hate your job. Trust me, I know from experience. Its always best to separate work with personal life.

People WILL FIND OUT AND WILL TALK. Rumors will spread, divides will happen. Then the fall out. The sight of seeing her will drive you nuts and will directly impact your productivity.

Dont man. There are plenty other fish in the sea. Get some good pics, make a bumble or Tinder profile and go that route. Don't **** where you eat.

da_juice and FrontRunner like this.
  18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

This would **** up the work place. I would hate to work around you 2. Problems I see in this is favoritism and double standards but it all depends on what kind of work you do if it matters.

da_juice likes this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Eh, I just nicked one of my balls shaving so I guess this is another first world problem. Boy do we have it good...

da_juice likes this.
  20. CCorn

CCorn Member

I was at a work party at the golden nugget maybe 2 years ago and my HR director bought everyone shots. I fell asleep under a table at the clam jumper or whatever it’s called.

He was no longer the HR director a few months later.

da_juice likes this.