1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

I wonder if Bloomberg would select Sanders as VP.

Would Sanders even accept the position? Would Warren?

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

No chance, imo. Bernie has his own movement that must be done his way. I don’t see him accepting a (largely) useless VP position. VPs are to balance the ticket and take over if the main person dies. Bernie doesn’t seem like one to sit on his hands. Plus he would be far too old for another run in 8 years at the top of the ticket

Nook and Two Sandwiches like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think it is likely either. The only way I could see him do it is if he believes it will help his movement long term.

Bloomberg would either need to steal a lot of Trump voters or name a VP that motivates Sanders’ supporters to vote.

Warren? Abrams? .... give AOC a cabinet position?

People may say many things about Bloomberg... and he does believe in the nanny state... but he is extremely bright, sly and persuasive.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This is legit an ad that Hillary Clinton already ran.

Amiga likes this.
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

looks like the Post doesn't like Bloomberg

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We live in the age of Trump so Bloomberg's comments, if true, might not be disqualifying.

Regarding Bloomberg's supposed comments he is denying them while Trump celebrates them. Also consider Bloomberg's record. He has donated heavily to get many women candidates elected. That doesn't mean he didn't say those things but it does show in practice he has been very supportive of advancing women.

Nook likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The difference is Bloomberg is a bully himself, to a bully.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Are you insinuating that he’s making some kind of insult here? Sounds like part of a larger conversation about the changes in the economy over the past couple of centuries and (presumably) the need to invest in higher education. Where’s the rub?

astros123 likes this.
  14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i think any farmer would be insulted by how he's belittling their skill set. I think any farmer would be insulted by MB suggesting they have less 'grey matter' than some other occupation.

#354 tallanvor, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

He said it requires less grey matter. I think any farmer would agree. My job requires less grey matter than a computer programmer as well

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have a farm right next door to me. I let that guy farm 12 acres of my land. I think he farms 118 total acres. The amount of thought and effort he puts into his farming, including fixing and maintaining all of his tractors and other vehicles, takes a lot of grey matter.

He runs three businesses total, and is one of the smartest people I've met. His wife is currently dying from cancer. I take care of her everyday at work. Dude comes in and asks questions that doctors would ask.

My coworker talked to him on the phone and said, "that's your farmer neighbor? I thought he was an engineer or something by the way he talked."

It may require less grey matter than some jobs, but the guy is in his mid 60's. If I can absorb 2% of his farming and mechanical knowledge by time he goes, I'd be thrilled.

#356 Two Sandwiches, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    ghettocheeze, Nook, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  17. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Oh right, not saying brilliant people don’t do it. Especially since farms are so sparse these days you have to have an efficient operation to make it work. We don’t have full context, which is annoying, but it sounded like Bloomberg was commenting on the fact that our country switched from like 95% farmers to 2% in a relatively short time period. Point being, I don’t think Bloomberg looks down on farmers. The conversation sounded like it was going towards a need for higher education among our general populace these days because of the burgeoning tech world

Nook likes this.
  18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I'm starting to find Bloomberg is no different than Trump. Trump is not ashamed of who he is and is not afraid to show his true nature.

DonnyMost likes this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah we know this won’t work. His voters find these traits appealing. He can get away with the unthinkable so he’s able to get things done to game the system that other Republicans cannot do to get what they want.

The ads Bloomberg was running prior were so much better. It’s telling short facts about destruction of healthcare, tax giveaways, and corruption then quickly showing a contrast to the Dem/Bloomberg platform. If he would just hit Trump on those three topics and navigate the opo research coming his way, he’d destroy Trump.

But my fear is he cannot navigate 70 years of opo and he’s going to get sucked into a dick measuring contest because he’s an ego driven billionaire who just can’t resist. Is there any billionaires out there that aren’t some different interpretation of Logan Roy?

RayRay10 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do not like Mike Bloomberg.

I do like this ad.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.