1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Optimizing Harden and Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 713KLP, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Hmmm and what's that record when we've fully embraced small-ball without Capela this season?? It's fine to doubt the Rockets chances of winning a championship...the chips are clearly stacked against them with the West being such a bloodbath. But to just disregard everything being presented to you because you're all about the "lulz" is pretty asinine.

BTW, I believe our record is 13-3 in games Capela has not played for us this season. Not exactly a small sample size, but I'm sure you weren't interested in that.

D-rock, hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Quite a few injuries and constantly changing lineups probably plays a factor in a less than stellar record.

D-rock likes this.
  3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm saying he would undoubtedly be worse with more minutes.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Again with the lulz scenario. This year it's convenient to say we win without Capela, but 2yrs ago it was important to bring up our terrific record when Capela DID play. Let's just spin anything however we want to mask the only things that actually matter.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

2 years ago?? Oh you mean when we had CP3, and a completely different style of roster? Who cares about that? The bottom line is this team is performing well THIS YEAR without big men because Russ has been phenomenal at getting to the basket when driving lanes have been presented to him. We've gone all in on that, and acquired perhaps the best 3 & D player in the league. Is it going to win a championship? Like I said, probably not. But there are 28 teams who are going to say the same thing at the end of the year. The one thing most of those other teams can't say is they have a clear cut identity that puts them in a class of their own.

D-rock, hakeem94 and DeBeards like this.
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm really confused how you're interpreting this as "spin" because it has nothing to do with that. People examine evidence and try to draw conclusions from that. Two years ago we had a different team, he fit really well with that team, he fit with Chris Paul, and that's why our record was so good when he played. This is a different year with a different team, he doesn't fit with Russell Westbrook. The stats (and the eye test) paint a pretty clear picture that we had not been very good when Capela is on the court, and we do better without him.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

My bad, agree wholeheartedly.