1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Actually no I don't think it will affect them much.

If the money is right any MLB player will come here don't be naive.

It's gonna be an ugly year regardless this is the shiny item every writer can get clicks for writing.

And the players deserve some **** but not all of the piling on.

What do want public flogging?

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hope things improve... I guess we will find out.

jiggyfly likes this.
  3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I want to emphasize a point I made earlier about Jim Crane. The baseball world hates him for absolving his players for this and blaminghinch and luhnow and the Astros players publicly took responsibility. But you better be sure that the Astros players feel like their owner has their back. I'm guessing all of them feel some degree of culpability and remorse, but they also feel like they are being unfairly singled out when other teams were cheating. Crane having their backs and refusing to give an inch during the press conference could be the difference between resigning springer or not, or any number of things that could come up in the coming year or longer.

everyday eddie likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Handles

Handles Member

This is a joke, right? We played him one time. He gave up 4 ER.

He started a total of 8 games after that time. He has got to be kidding... plenty of chances to show his value as a starter. Not our fault Mets staff saw him as a reliever. I'm so sure we held him back from greatness from that one time... give me a break :rolleyes:

jklb, htwnbandit, RustyHarden and 7 others like this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Wow. People are losing their ****ing minds.

7. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

“I remember pitching really good the first half of the game, and then I don’t know why, they knocked me out of the game in one inning,” Lugo said. “I pitched that inning. I was making good pitches. And when you execute a pitch, you shouldn’t give up good hits. Maybe a little bloop or a ground ball up the middle or something. But their whole approach changed.”

When you execute a pitch you shouldn’t give up good hits?????? Are you ****ing kidding me? An actual person felt ok saying that.

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Did the Astros kill somebody?!?!?!? It seems like the team gets more flak than other teams like Patriots. If the MLB commissioner said the Stros would be stripped of the title. Guess what the Stros would of done, they would agree to the commish. But the commish didn't do that, what else can they say?!?!?!?!? These media people just wants the Stros to sit on their knees and say sorry. I hope we win every year and shut these bastards up.

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

This is what happens you create a generation of people that are unwilling to take responsibility for their own failures.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There’s fan bases out there saying they are going to make it hell for the Stros on the road.

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The response is fueled by the spin the media presents. No doubt of that. But I can imagine that if the Astros had lost to the Yankees in 2017 and they went on to win the WS, and they were the ones found cheating that year and afterwords, this board, this city, freaking baseball nation would be in at the least same level of uproar. It might even be worse for them since they have a long record of being hated already by many, especially Boston. At least the Astros were generally liked before all this.

SWTsig likes this.
  12. solid

solid Contributing Member

The outrage seems overblown. I thought every team tried to get whatever advantage possible. Seems like watching film is akin to sign stealing. It just doesn't seem like the ultimate sin, more like part of the game.

13. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Yep, players will come if the money is right

Look at all the former Astros spread through the league, they were still wanted

outside of a few loud mouths, players know this crap goes on in many places

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Jesus these people are as stupid as a used rubber with a hole in it. Calling for players heads. It would have been difficult to work this case without the players testimony. So the only way they could get that done is give them immunity. How well would it look to Manfred if he pulled immunity right out from under the players. MLB would NEVER get cooperation from players again. It to mention if the mlb went back on their word lawsuits would fly and the union would revolt. NOBODY wins. So get this suspend players crap out of your head before you have a stroke. On second though go ahead and let your brain explode so we don’t have to hear any more whining. They apologized. Time to move forward. Jesus.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

It probably would have remained that way, at least for a while, if not for Mike Fiers.

solid and RayRay10 like this.
  16. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I wish he’d spill it.

17. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Codebreaking is WITHIN the rules and ALL TEAMS do it. What's OUTSIDE the rules is the PLAYERS using it live....and the friggin "hitting coach" is in Toronto now so how are the Astros supposed to discipline him now??? WTF

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I wish I could support the Astros without supporting the MLB.

"8 or 9 other teams did as much or more than the Astros."

Yet here the Astros are being flogged as the sweep-it-under-the-rug, nothing-to-see-here scapegoat.

Rob Manfred = Leslie Nielsen. Screw you, Manfred.

clutchdabear and RayRay10 like this.
  19. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Lol the crazy thing is the Astros are going to make a lot of teams money this year. Fans from other cities are going to travel just to talk sh** and people are looking at the Mlb schedule to see when their team plays the Astros. Casual fans are going to be paying attention to this team... even if it’s for negative reasons. They said this is bad for baseball... but the Astros will be a cash cow this year for the MLB. More people will be paying attention to the sport this year.... and all eyes will be on us. I love it

20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I really don’t mind going full heel, totally fine with me

RayRay10 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.