1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Everything's geared more towards next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 9, 2020.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

mda has his faults, but no other coach.. nba or college.. has the balls to play full-time small ball. with harden and russ, this really is the best playstyle.

the added bonus is that there really is no dominant big in today’s game, like an hakeem, shaq, or duncan to punish us down low. the nba is so perimeter-oriented now and yet the majority of teams still haven’t caught on and still employ a traditional big, no matter how ineffective that big is.

andy reid was doubted for the longest time even after all the innovations that he brought to the nfl game, and he finally got his due. i really want to see d’antoni get a ring in houston. he’s one of harden’s favorites and this team in it’s current structure is best utilized by someone like d’antoni. if we somehow don’t get it this year, i hope d’antoni gets retained for one more year to see this whole experiment with small ball through till the end.

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

House and Westbrook are only bright spots of the entire rockets organization.

Westbrook should try to get house signed by Jordan brand. Maybe house could get a Jordan brand p.e. retro deal like Travis Scott.

3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Not necessarily, Hinkie turned tanking into an art, and still got fired for taking too long.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hinkie had couple of seasons time or 3 to turn it around......well, it wasn't for the lack of talent, Hinkie stepped down because he wouldn't do the job no more.

And there was probably some road blocks in his way communicating with brass.

Talking about unfulfilled aspirations. He helped lay the foundation.

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I thought he was canned and the NBA sort of intervened and played matchmaker with Colangelo. I thought the league and Philly ownership began to think it was a bad look.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The investors prolly pressured him. Changes behind his back?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...neral-manager-president-basketball-operations

7. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

When next season comes, we will be geared the for the season after. I have spoken.

Little Bit and saleem like this.
  8. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

ahhhh he who has little fate. our time is now. this year is our best chance. no way harden russ tucker are punting to next season lmao. if u think this season will be hard wait till next. this is our best shot since 17 18

D-rock likes this.
  9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

moot point but had the pelicans not gotten rid of Anthony Davis, we could put together a package with Covington, Gordon with draft picks

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It probably wouldn’t have been enough.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

That would be really silly. Why would you dodge the tax and then go slightly above it to add a few buyouts? smdh

12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I liked this because I detest off-court LBJ too! lol

Plowman likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I admit that I am a pessimist. I just don't see how our future is anything better than our present.

Harden and Westbrook are on the other side of 30 now. It is safe to say that they have peaked. Westbrook might have already been declining.

Tucker will soon be 35, and I don't know how much longer he will last with this grinding role he is put into. We traded away pretty much all our draft picks in the foreseeable future. The only real trade assets not named Harden or Westbrook are Gordon and Covington. I assume that we aren't going to move RoCo right after we gave up some major assets to get him. So it's just Gordon. Everything else is pretty much min contract kind of players. And we can't sign any major FA outright without having moved a large chuck of salaries.

I just don't know how we can flip Gordon for something that will make us significantly better.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If being realistic is your fault, then you are at fault, mang.

saleem, Easy and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I love the fact that the Rockets can bring back their top players from this year without too much effort. WB, Harden, Gordon, House, RoCo, PJ, Mclemore and Hartenstien are all under contract for 2020-21.

Bringing Thabo and Chandler back shouldn’t be a problem.

I think that they will also bring Rivers back on a $7-10m short term contract.

Rivers + Gordon + 2022 frp and possibly PJ are all good, tradable assets that could net something of serious value.

I believe the Rockets will also have their MLE to spend in free agency.

Plowman likes this.