1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When did you first realize this was a sinking ship?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Feb 11, 2020.

1. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

It's been ups and downs. I knew we were done when Chris pulled his hammy. I got excited about running it back and wasn't even disappointed that we didn't bring back Trevor or Luc. Luc really hasn't played since and the 0 for 9 taste in my mouth from Trevor Ariza wasn't worth 15 million. I knew the Rockets had holes last season, but was confident they would fill them at the deadline using a large expiring and a pick. Instead, LT savings. That when I pretty much knew, until we tied GS last year then followed it up with two losses when Durant only played like 2 or 3 quarters.

We could have extended the Westbrook trade but instead, Luxury Tax Savings. Then Nene's contract was voided. I really had little to no faith at that point, but out of nowhere Westbrook reinvented himself and became one of the most efficient players in the league. That drew me back in, only for the deadline to come back around and to lose the best player and the best pick, for the second best player and likely the 60th pick. Not trying to argue if Covington is a better fit or night, but I think it's established around the league that Capela was the more valuable asset. Don't forget the Luxury Tax Savings this year as well.

This year could have been special but not going into the Luxury is killing us. Every team in the league needs to go all in this year because the Warriors have an Hinkiesque amount of good picks coming that they likely have no intention of seeing. The Warriors will be able to trade for ANY player they want in the offseason. Let that sink in guys, it's like 90's San Antonio getting Duncan or even more recently the Cavs getting Love back when Love was a 25/15 machine. Both of those teams went to the Finals at least four times as a result.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I have a stalker

Exiled likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Talking about "sinking ship" seems inappropriate. It is true that we do not have the right staff for the MDA style, and that we need at least another 3 and D wing and a shooting center that can actively participate in the rotation. This team will not be able to sustain the intensity or compete equally in the playoffs with the physical wear that Westbrook and Harden are having.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Chris Paul going down in Game 5 broke my soul

Os Trigonum likes this.
  7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

When James quit against SAS - gave no explanation - and then we rewarded him with a super uber mega max contract...

Thats when I realized the org has no control or standards... just throwing stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks... and hoping to find lightning in a bottle...

same can be said of most sports organizations...

8. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

this is the correct answer here, we had a 65 win team and if i am an owner, i will spend anything possible to retain that team to give them one more try at least

Richie_Rich and Nook like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

I think I have the solution to this entire mess!

Time to open up a separate sub-forum for full-time pessimists. Call it the Anti-Rockets area.

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

I realized this site was a sinking ship when clutch failed to revoke your thread-making abilities despite you constantly posting these doodoo ass threads

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The thread didn’t ask when you started rooting for the ship to sink.

RudyTBag and alethios like this.
  12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Funny thing is you could have posters of this forum nominate their top 10 negative Nancy’s to banish to that sub forum and everyone would be nominating the same people.

And those nominees would continue to act like they are just keeping it real.

topfive likes this.
  13. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

When did you first realize that asking leading questions is something that intelligent people don’t do?

14. alethios

alethios Member

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Like my signature says, it could always be worse. Sports teams goes through these cycles all the time. Luckily for us we haven't hit official bedrock that's seen with other NBA teams like the Suns, Knicks, Grizzlies, etc. Maybe some on here would rather see an entire reboot where we send out all of our good players and tank. I'm not going to say they're wrong or judge them on it because I get it--that group don't/can't/won't see the possibility of a higher ceiling with this team. But even with a tank you're not changing ownership which is pretty much the cause of most of the issues we've stated already.

Just enjoy everything while it lasts because if/when it DOES hit rock bottom, you'll create many threads yearning for these days again.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed...get these b*tches up outta here...they’re annoying clowns who bring nothing to the table

topfive likes this.
  17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

After the Covington trade, the Rockets are no longer a sinking ship. The ship isn’t perfect, yet, but it’s rapidly stabilizing and on an upward trajectory once again.

18. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

wow, you didn't like the westbrook trade? we had no clue.

topfive likes this.
  20. Remlap

Remlap Member

WHINERS GONNA WHINE