1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TNT] Postgame Show presented by KIA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Feb 11, 2020.

?

What did you think of the positive coverage?

1. Loved it

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. It's just fluff

16 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. I'm not sure that's going to last

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  4. Hated it because all of it disagreed with my negative mentality towards the Rox

4 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. More please, that was refreshing

15 vote(s)
    28.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

There was the option of, "I'm not sure it will last". You fit well in that category based on this post.

DeBeards and amaru like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I picked "Its not going to last" and Shaq proved me right 5 minutes later.

BaselineFade and amaru like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

We pay to be insulted and offended damnit! :mad:

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Candace reminds me of Godiva Milk Chocolate and Hagen Daz Chocolate ice cream... I’m hungry now.

Jontro and Zboy like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean it's just honestly how I feel, no offense intended at all to you and your poll. I opened this thread because the title made it seem you were posting the clip or something.

Look, I find those guys entertaining. It's a fun show to watch. But most of what they say is nonsense so why would anyone care what their opinion is on the Rockets?

6. don grahamleone

Because it was different tonight there tough guy. If you didn't watch it, you didn't watch it. No need to get involved or say anything. So many people on here are programmed to be negative because that's what TNT and ESPN and all these hate-machine organizations have been doing for the last 20 years. Today the moratorium was lifted. I want to reward that so we get it again in the future... but sure.. your bullshit response to me was so great. Maybe we can get more negative regurgitation because "you don't care". Maybe caring will matter again.

Anyway, today I cared. I loved the postgame show for the first time in FOR-EH-VER. It was a refreshing reminder that it's okay to love the Rockets.. that their bias wasn't meaningful before.. that liars are being ditched for the more popular way in life: being real and being honest. Not saying you're "being real" while spreading hatred.

DeBeards likes this.
  7. macan

macan Member

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I think you are taking a simple comment WAY too personally. Perhaps you should click on the "I don't care" option on my post ;)

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

With the Capela trade the national narrative surrounding our team changed overnight. We went from being the hardest team to watch to being the most fascinating experiment in the league. Guys like Charles Barkley and Bill Simmons keep peddling the old narrative that we are a terrible watch, but the kids aren’t buying it. Go check out Reddit if you don’t believe me. Or see this twitter response to Simmons:

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

Bill Simmons plugs his podcast with his initials "New BS Podcast"

DeBeards likes this.
  12. don grahamleone

There's so much negativity on this site and in the world... you just keep piling it on and not changing your ways. Okay, I guess? A lot of positivity builds into better things. Especially when there are so many smart players, coaches and managers working towards a better Rockets. I'm not sure what you intended to build here, but it certainly wasn't constructive towards me or the Rockets or TNT who's been spewing hate for the Rockets for years.

Your little response was just meant to derail. Great job. Maybe my desire for good things to come will never happen... and then what happens for you? You're finally happy. Probably not. Get real with yourself and know your initial commentary ideas aren't always the best idea. Maybe give things a thought first. Many people on here would appreciate it. So would others in your life. All you were doing was trying to get a few likes for being an ******* to me. So yeah, that's personal. I have no idea why you came after me, but you did.

I know I would've appreciated it if you just said something like, "dick move, my bad don." Or maybe written something in your original response that explained how you felt. Or even explained that you didn't watch it, that you're just adding a completely unjustified response that shouldn't matter to anyone.

DeBeards likes this.
  13. JackLordsHair66

I thought it was a refreshing change myself ! That will change if we lose the next one because there is this weird hate narrative on the Rockets that exists far more intensely than on any other NBA team most like because of the Morey/Harden/Dantoni nexus, and it gets old...

but tonight was quite nice even if Shaq was initially reluctant to give full credit he did actually give us some credit w/o the Kenny/Charles connection there. He seemed to at least be sincere in his praise of the small ball possibilities with this team.

14. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Shaq was saying he thinks we're going to struggle in the playoffs against guys like Giannis. Sounds like he's picking us to make it to the finals.... ;)

IslandB.O.I. likes this.
  15. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I agree with every word in this paragraph.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i only care about wat fukkin a smith and skip have to say

J.R. likes this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

if we defeating LAL thanks to 3 bad shot selection of LBJ in final 2min of 4th qtr, then whacking up Celtics is not about luck, it's the real thing w/o question. dun't forget before this game, Celtics have won 9 of their past 10 game (incl. LAL and MIA).

as for TNT show, definitely chuck and kenny didn't show up or be arranged, right after our W in LAL both guys insisted 'small ball' gonna be a bust. after this Celtics game, should they shown up and got informed that we having won 4 of past 6 games, they gonna either eating crow or keeping the topic low-key a bit.
    (the 2 losses of the 6, one is russ-less as well as 2nd game of a back to back, the other is a legit buzzer-beater)

anyway, i dunt give a sh*t about those sports shows, cuz nowadays media group tend to think a great deal about SHOW (GRPS CTR = money) other than sports itself. I would rather focus my attention on the whole process building/rebuilding/road to a champion incl. roster movement, style of our games and identity of our organization etc.
    in the end, it's not use complaining or whining all day long, at least you don't do that in your real life, cuz you are a grown-up, you need to stay strong in your mind and use your wits end to deal w/ ups and downs, life teaches you to face the music.
    Lead others to silver lining, you got it in return.

#37 DeBeards, Feb 12, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    BigShasta likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I'm sorry but right now, you're being the dick. I didn't throw shade at you. Yes, maybe my post was a bit snarky, but you shouldn't be so thinned skinned. You should have added it as a poll option because it is a legit opinion. I honest don't care what those guys say in terms of praise or shame for the Rockets. I already know what they could possibly say and the fact is they don't know jack of how this team will perform - because NO ONE DOES.

This team is an experiment right now. A curiosity.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lesser, lesser hate won. And even with Les lost to us...

20. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

It was actually a real post game show and not the antics of three stooges talking over each other after a game they probably didn't even watch.