1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

She's been at the top of the list when she decided not to run for president IMO. The only question mark is whether or not she's got the ability to become a household name with the sort of cultural attention grabbing potential. Unfortunately, the presidential elections in this country are more about likability and pop culture than anything.

Anyone saying that Trump is the first celebrity President is kidding themselves. It has almost always been about grabbing that pop culture moment. I definitely think Yang has that upside. I thought Kamala had that upside but obviously was wrong. Bernie... ehh... I think he sort of had it in 2016, but not sure about in 20. Biden does not have that upside on his own. He needs someone who can push through to the mainstream media outside of CNN/FOX/MSNBC. His VP pick needs to be able to get a standing ovation at the VMA's, and have Post Malone opening for her/him if they want it.

I'm being hyperbolic here with the Post Malone reference but hopefully you get the point. Biden needs help in grabbing the American attention outside of the Cable Politic TV punditry.

joshuaao and jiggyfly like this.
  2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I don’t disagree with any of that, although I think Abrams has that type of iconic potential in her. Being both a woman and the first African American VP are two enormous milestones, and would absolutely endear her to the base. Not to mention, her emphasis on two major civil rights issues: voting rights and criminal justice reform. Definitely going to catch the attention of the Obama Coalition, and we all know great things happen for the party whenever they’re engaged. I’m of the belief that type of magic can be revived.

Also, highly unlikely but....if you want someone that checks off all of those boxes right now, then Michelle Obama might deserve some serious consideration (although unlikely to be interested). Some would hate it, but she’s a political heavyweight that’s revered by many. She would get you your standing ovation at the VMA’s.

jiggyfly and dobro1229 like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.theroot.com/wishful-thinking-joe-biden-would-like-michelle-obama-a-1841337974

baller4life315 likes this.
  4. dobro1229

I've been saying Michelle O is the gold mine VP candidate if a nominee could convince her, but I don't see any indication from her that she's remotely interested. I do think she'll be a heavyweight on the campaign trail though regardless, but not the same if she was on the ticket. She probably thinks I'm actually too popular right now to go into governing. I think she believes she can do more with other issues outside politics with the goodwill and celebrity she has. She's probably right too.

baller4life315 likes this.
  5. TheresTheDagger

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Science Channel program Man vs. Bear says Biden can beat Trump at push ups.

7. TheresTheDagger

The Onion doubles down.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. mick fry

mick fry Member

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So all weekend and this morning everybody is saying how Biden is in trouble and some say he might not make it to Super Tues.

So much for the MSM being in the tank for Biden.

In actuality the MSMM has been looking to knock Joe off his perch since he declared.

Will be very interesting where he places, I think its 2nd and there will be some stealth Biden voters.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

It’s almost like MSM cares about clicks and eyeballs...

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can guarantee you Hunter will be a big topic of conversation if he gets through just like the emails.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Put a fork in him, he’s done.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You been saying this since the summer.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

First time I think I’ve said it’s over.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ha!

So when Trump gets heckled it's over?

16. dobro1229

If Biden drops out after Super Tuesday I wonder what type of conspiracy theory/fake investigation Trump will cook up about the other front runners. You get the sense that if Pete won Iowa, and can come in the top 2 in NH, ALOT of Biden supporters could flock to Pete in high numbers. I also just don't think Biden can compete with funding.

Long story short, him coming in 2nd or 3rd in Iowa isn't the end of the world for him, but what looks like with him coming in 4th or even 5th (If Amy Klo jumps ahead of him) is a pretty bad sign.

At this point, SC is pretty much a must win for Joe or he's likely done & shifts his voters/donors to Pete which will really piss off the Bernie Bros.

FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Biden is running on being electable

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Poor guy. This has HAS to be embarrassing. I know damn well I would be.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Biden were to drop out in the next few weeks I predict Amy Klobuchar will be the big beneficiary

20. Major

Major Member

I can't see Biden dropping out before SC, and there's only 3 days between SC and Super Tuesday, so I'd imagine he's out right after that.

Nook likes this.