1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros sued by Former MLB Pitcher (sign stealing)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Feb 10, 2020.

1. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Mark Geragos. Of course. Probably can't be dismissed on the pleadings, either. Summary judgment is going to take a looooong time, with all of the discovery likely involved. And probably mandatory third parties getting added to the action, like every other MLB team that cheated in a similar manner.

How do you feel now, Manfred? Still happy about this?

The negligence CoA is interesting. I guess they're arguing the Astros breached their duty to play by the rules. That CoA, if it stands and becomes precedent, certainly won't be used by any other washed up player, in MLB or elsewhere. What a mess.

lw17 and RayRay10 like this.
  2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Paid $11.99 for mine, including shipping. Bet I couldn't even get $10 for it now.

Hey Crane, where's my dollar and 99 cents

3. Buck Turgidson

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

“It’s anger, especially when you go back at the video of them being accused and kind of jokingly laughing about it,” Bolsinger said in a telephone conversation Monday.

“That’s what you gets you the most – the lying to everyone, knowing that they were doing something. That’s what angers me the most about the whole thing.”

“To look back on it now ticks me off even more,” he said. “I am a deceptive pitcher. That is how I pitch, and if I can’t do that, if somebody knows what is coming, it changes the game completely.

“At the moment, I was thinking, ‘What do I have to do to get these guys out?’ I thought they were the best team I had played against. I looked at video to see what I had done wrong with my arm angle or my release, and I couldn’t figure it out at the time.”

He said he decided to file suit in the wake of what he considered the light punishments handed down by Major League Baseball.

“We were all surprised by the initial punishment,” he said. “Let’s face it, those guys who were suspended will get jobs again. That’s how it is. Welcome to the real world.”

He has not heard from Keuchel, his former college teammate, since news broke of the impact of the Astros’ scheme against his career, and he doesn’t think that apologies from anyone associated with the Astros will suffice.

“I don’t think apologies are enough,” he said. “If that were the case, Pete Rose would be in the Hall of Fame by now. No, I don’t think that is sufficient.”

All Bolsinger wanted out of baseball, he said, was a chance to determine his own fate on the mound.

“That day, I don’t think I was the one deciding my fate,” he said. “Somebody knew what was coming out of my hand before I threw the ball.

“I don’t want this to get swept under the rug, and it looked like things might be going that way. I don’t want the next generation of baseball players to think that cheating is OK, or else the saying ‘If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying,’ will be true.”

5. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Jim Crane should pay everyone 2,017.00

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Your honor, like to call the Toronto Bluejays to the stand.

“Our dark Arts department sent an an email indicating that neither the Bluejays nor the As gave a rats ass about trying to stop code breaker. I’s that true?”

Toronto. “You can’t handle the truth.”

I want the truth.Did you order a Recode to counter Codbreaker? Answer the question.

“You’re damn right I ordered them not to try and recode. We suck. You want the truth. There it is. We didnt care.”

#26 PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    lw17 and Blatz like this.
  7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Is he suing Boston as well for using Apple Watches in 2017? He played in Boston's division that year so I suspect he pitched in a few games versus them.

lw17, Fyreball, King1 and 1 other person like this.
  8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Lets see.

"My career was basically dog sh*t and I couldn't fool anyone with my 88MPH fastball but:

BCS.jpg

lw17 and BigM like this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

F***ing laughable. Don't think he was deceiving too many people that season...or literally any other during his worthless time in the majors.

naldodiaz and Handles like this.
  10. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Dude has what, a career .400 winning percentage and an ERA of like 5? I don't thing some banging trash can lids were your main problem.

lw17 likes this.
  11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Good god man, what an idiot...he was horrible with or without trashcans...

lw17 likes this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If Manfred doesn't step in and put an end to this, then if I'm the Astros, I'm threatening to sue every team in the Majors that employed a player accused of using steroids.

13. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I wanna sue too..

I was rob of a cheat free championship. Bought 100’s of dollars worth of memorabilia. And now when I look at them, I think of the cheating.

Sike! We won punanis
    Eat it

#33 tochiee22, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. SemisolidSnake

Why? To get the chance to write an article in WaPo and get 15 minutes of fame he didn't even seem to have when he was a professional baseball player. What a turd.

BigM and RayRay10 like this.
  16. SemisolidSnake

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard. If any money exchanges hands, then every pitcher that ever faced Barry Bonds ought to sue. Descendants of families that watched the Black Sox play ought to sue. Frederic Weis ought to sue Vince Carter and the NBA, because arguably (in some people's estimation) Vince's Dunk of Death over him in the 2000 Olympics cost him a chance at an NBA career. Everybody everywhere that ever had anything happen they thought was unfair ought to sue.

The only money exchanging hands ought to be out of this guy's hands to pay for Jim Crane's legal bills once this is all over with.

BigM, RayRay10 and RustyHarden like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Didn't read the article, but did it mention that he was DFA'd for the 2nd time that season a month before he pitched in "his final game" against the Astros? Nobody claimed him either time, and he went back to the Jays on a minor league deal. Then he was DFA'd again and signed with the Japanese League after the season?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Astros also face two federal court cases in New York federal court stemming from alleged fraud against daily fantasy league players and a suit in California filed by former Blue Jays pitcher Mike Bolsinger, who has not pitched in the major leagues since he was knocked out of the game by an Astros rally on Aug. 4, 2017.

19. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

"In addition to seeking personal damages, I’m demanding that the Astros donate their $31 million in 2017 postseason bonuses to charity." LOL! He should also demand that Verlander teach him how to throw strikes.

20. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, cant anyone who's career was shortened by pitching to players on roids sue as well?

jiggyfly likes this.