1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Crane said they would apologize in spring training. Until then they can go pound sand.

phasors28 likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Astros will apologize when Mike apologizes for diddling underage girls, returns the WS ring & earnings & media apologizes for labeling him a "hero".

RayRay10, mikol13, Handles and 8 others like this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

mikol13, Handles, Nook and 3 others like this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I really wish they wouldn’t apologize.

RayRay10, jiggyfly, mikol13 and 8 others like this.
  5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

As we've seen with Hinch, every word will be dissected and the media will put a negative spin on every comment made.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Exactly. I think the guys at the fan fest handled it well. Refer to the commissioners decision, next question. They can not win back public sentiment with an apology. Frankly I don’t think they owe one. Players with other teams may feel more compelled to comment but a Keuchel like response is fine.

RayRay10, lw17 and everyday eddie like this.
  7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Pucker up and kiss the ring motherf*ckers...I have fully embraced the dark side. The hate fuels me. I refuse to curl up in the corner and be the scape goat for the whole league. This was a league wide issue with MULTIPLE teams.

jiggyfly, htwnbandit, lw17 and 4 others like this.
  8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

ampa Bay Rays pitcher Charlie Morton says he regrets not doing more to stop his teammates from illegally stealing signs when he played for the Astros in 2017.

In an interview with the Tampa Bay Times at Rays Fan Fest on Saturday, Morton said he was "aware of the banging" Astros players were using to warn hitters of what kind of pitch was coming during the 2017 season.

"Personally, I regret not doing more to stop it," Morton said. "I don't know what that would have entailed. I think the actions would have been somewhat extreme to stop it. That's a hypothetical."

However, he admitted that the scandal has damaged the game of baseball and took responsibility for his role in it.

"Because what's wrong is wrong," Morton told the Tampa Bay Times. "And I'll never be absolved of that."

Morton pitched for the Astros in 2017 and 2018, going 29-10 with a 3.36 ERA in the two seasons. He posted a 1.74 ERA across 10⅓ innings against the Dodgers in the 2017 World Series that Houston went on to win.

Morton told the Times that the perception of that championship was "negatively affected, at minimum."

"There are moments during the World Series that will always be special to me, that won't be 'tainted.' But certainly that's justified, that's a justified perception to have, and what people have expressed."

texans1095 likes this.
  9. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Shameful acts by the Astros organization. Anything to win huh?

10. Buck Turgidson

We know, pretty sure everyone's over it.

Are they allowed to win next year? That's all that really matters.

RayRay10, Dgn1, lw17 and 1 other person like this.
  11. CinematicFusion

I like Bill Burr’s take

Rock Block, elrond, arkoe and 5 others like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Parade was sweet.

Dgn1 and htwnbandit like this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Eh, it was a logistical nightmare. They never accounted for such a huge surge of people coming in from the burbs, so all methods of transportation were pretty much rendered useless. It took us nearly 5 hours to get to a point where we could head home after the parade had ended.

I think we learned our lesson though. This year's parade will be much better.

14. Nook

Nook Member

If you aren't cheating, then you ain't trying.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah..... I like how this has conveniently not been addressed.

We addressed Taubman being an *******, but the diddler gets to keep on diddling.

We addressed the Astros cheating but the Red Sox just keep getting a pass.......

LaRussa can get DUI's, do what the Astros did and he is venerated as some great businessman.

Carlos Beltran played for the Yankees and was special assistant to the GM of the Yankees....... the guy that was the chief architect of the cheating but we are to believe that the Yankees did not cheat........ Cora leaves the Astros to lead the Red Sox but nothing fishy there.

If the Yankees and Red Sox knew about the cheating like they have claimed, why did they hire the top two culprits???

How is that Red Sox Apple watch?

Just the hypocrisy.

RayRay10, everyday eddie and Dgn1 like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Yes everyone has regrets NOW........ yet had zero problems at the time.....how incredibly convenient.

The only reason it every came out was a player was pissed he was released.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Me and the Mrs. rode our bikes in from Mason park so it took us like 40 mins. If we win another ring that's THE way to do it. Hop on a nearby trail and ride in.

NotInMyHouse and Htown Legend like this.
  18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I really don’t think anyone needs to apologize. No one will be happy with what’s said anyway.

I don’t mind in the slightest what Hinch said. He wants to manage again and he has to walk that fine line. He still protected the players and organization. To me that says a lot.

Charlie is just being Charlie because he’s such a good dude.

If the players felt like everyone else was doing it, of course they’re going to jump on to find an edge.

I don’t care if others are disappointed or not. I’m done caring what everyone else thinks. There is such a double standard in baseball with rules and the “unwritten” rules.

11-1-17 Astros 5 Dodgers 1

19. lw17

lw17 Member

I guess the Astros are the only team that uses tech. to steal signs right? BTW, go join the circle jerk in L.A. since Mookie and Price are there now . Everyone's already penned the Dodgers as the next W.S. Champs. Better yet, go to the Rangers Forums and support them.

RayRay10, everyday eddie and Dgn1 like this.
  20. Handles

Handles Member

I think the worst part of this coming year will be the unoriginality of “trash can” and “asterisks” jokes that we will experience. I’ll give props to original jokes but most people aren’t smart enough to think of them. There is nothing worse than recycled jokes. Recycled jokes are even worse than stealing signs electronically. If we can’t steal signs, fans shouldn’t be able to steal jokes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.