1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James needs to realize

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Feb 9, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

It’s quite mind blowing that Harden makes Westbrook look like he’s the smarter player. I trust WB over Harden far more at this point!

2. Zergling

Zergling Member

It's funny when he randomly takes and swishes a midrange shot and then doesn't take another one the rest of the game. Like, how are he and the coaches so oblivious?

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Dantoni needs to tell him if he doesn’t realize this.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Agree. If we play at slow pace to wait their bigs coming, the small ball won’t work. Harden needs to stop dribbling 20s!

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  5. Caprah

Caprah Member

The jerry lin troll. Lol you lin trolls are so obvious.

6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I suggest Harden to shoot 2 points only after playing 5 small ball, as it us easy to get in. We dont have center to grab rebounds, I suggest MDA reduce the time for Harden to shoot 3 unless we have a good center

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

One beard donkey....pony.

8. JackLordsHair66

Many of us have been saying this for what, 3/4 years now ? He’s not changing, Morey and Dantoni created this monster, when he’s on point he is unstoppable he’s possibly the best there has ever been, but lately with some sort of mysterious struggle with his shot going on now he is far more predictable. I think the events around the San Antonio game were a critical moment in all this, the refs have clearly stopped “bailing him out” (according to detractors) and since then he has definitely become a far more predictable player at least to my game in game out eye test !

While he wasn’t at all directly responsible for the loss tonight his decision to keep shooting 3s when they were not falling had a direct impact on the result in the game. When we were choking away games in late Dec and throughout most of January, a good percentage of those games were lost because Harden just relentlessly was chucking up 15-20 3’s and only making a small % of them, those shots often lead to fast break points for the opponent, or at minimum change of possession results which again in many of those losses were critical reasons the Rockets lost in closing moments of several of these games. Now without no big to at least try to grab O rebounds the strategy of chucking is an even worse idea ... Last night James was the worst 3 point shooter on the floor, yet he took the most 3s, and was shooting very poorly and he has to know this but diner seem to change his thought process on how he could use some other element of his offensive game to offset his poor 3 shooting (which has been happening a lot the last 6/7 weeks) another case of low BBIQ from him once again. I wish he would rediscover the mid range, but I’m not holding my breathe it’s going happen ever again.

9. Caprah

Caprah Member

Fchowder

10. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

I personally don't think it's that cool that Westbrook launches 40% mid rangers when he is shooting 63% at the rim, but hey maybe that's just me lol

Nook likes this.
  11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Where is Lin anyways?

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you have any self-awareness? I'm dead ass serious here. You literally created threads about banning other posters because you disagree with them and on top of that 90% of your content here is accusing people of being Jeremy Lin fans. You either have some mental health issues who lacks complete self-awareness or you are a troll.

#32 fchowd0311, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    ilovehtownbb, REEKO_HTOWN and J.R. like this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

I just wish he would adjust his shooting. When he is not hitting the three, go to the midrange or drive the lane. Typically he just keeps chucking threes and missing. Not smart.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What would the game look like against the Celtics . .. . If James takes NO 3s?

Rocket River

15. macan

macan Member

Harden need to realize that Russ is the real leader of Rockets now. He needs to stop playing like a puxxy and be more aggressive.

16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

it's going to be a big adjustment for harden and he's going to have to change his game.

we need him to play more like the assist leader james harden instead of the 40ppg harden we needed last year/ earlier this year.

17. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

He doubled down on essentially the same shot all summer. Never double down. Adding to your game is always something he did ever since he came here. But doubling down on the same shot is just a waste of time. Eurostep, floater, 3s... need that missing midrange post-up summer workout.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Harden doesn't do well with in season adjustments. He'll do great next season with Russ but he's a creature of habit if the braids/headband slump didn't make that clear enough.

We need a lob threat on the team to run P/R with him when Russ isn't on the floor

19. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I honestly think there's a toll on his body taken having to body in the paint against 7 footers. He went from being ably to bully guards in the paint on the offense to having to fight for leverage and positioning with people a good 30 or more pounds heavier than him on D. Plus he's probably still playing through injury.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Will be fun to compare shot types for Harden pre- and post-Capela trade. Allegedly this will open up the lane much more and allow for him to drive more, but I'd be interested to see what actually happens.