1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Joe Smith, Feb 9, 2020.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

On a site with a pretty big handful of douches.. Tomstro sticks out as the biggest of them all. He spits hate so naturally it's become second nature to his life. Do yourselves a favor, click on his name and add him to your ignore list. He's not worth the space he takes up in this world.

DeBeards, jordnnnn, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

Not getting the point, you trade Bev for a first round pick, you trade Williams for a first round pick to clear up cap space,etc. I am sure Sam Decker would have fetched a second round pick at the time, you keep trez, not a big fan of nene, tucker (far overrated here) he is a 15-20 minute off the bench guy at best, luc - not a fan of - old an injury prone, bottom basement signing anyway.

Morey did this structure (opt-in and trade because he thought he was going to get Paul George too, then the idiot went on TV, and broadcast to all gm'a his strategy, and Presti - who you know wanted to get back at him, and his big mouth, swooped in and got PGeorge. Sum's up DM perfectly!

3. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

How did that work out for Philly?

4. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Morey is A+ at cap-space maneuvering and financial management. B at trades. C- at picking players and coaches. F at press management and keep his mouth shout

pippendagimp likes this.
  5. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

I am not even sure he is great at financial engineering, since he got cute with several deals, DMO, Nene, etc that have come back and bit the Rockets. But I do agree he has experience in that area - 13 years worth, should have been fired long ago.

6. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

well anyways, you will all remember this thread over the next decade, when every year starting with the end of 2017, is worse than the previous year, and the Rockets suck more each year, with 2 aging stat chasing superstars with large contracts that nobody wants, just like Chris Paul last year, because teams always hold onto them too long before they realize they are washed up, so the rockets cannot get anything for them, have no draft picks, might as well fire the entire scouting department, no developmental players, an old roster with no financial flexibility, and no hope.

Toyota Center will be a ghost town, and this will be the worst era ever for the Houston Rockets franchise, all because of one terrible GM that mortgaged the future of the Rockets in Daryl Morey - Mark My Words - you heard it here first, before it happened! And you will think and finally come to the realization, that yeah, Daryl Morey really screwed the fans longer term, for nothing in value in terms of an NBA Championship, and a lost decade from 2020-2030.

7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Best post of the year....but be careful Joe as you are not allowed to question the deity in Houston. Stay safe my friend as this site truly believes that Morey is greater than a deity and can absolutely do no wrong. The fact that he sucks at trading and drafting and has mortgaged our future for the likes of iman shumpert just means that he knows more than all experts.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Perfect. They're a top team in the East. Contenders.

Roomba, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Morey is overrated ass but this site drinks his dirty bath water & worships the ground he walks on.
    Every good move - Morey's "brilliance"
    Every bad move - the owner's fault (Leslie's or Tilman's)
    13 years, built one "title worthy" team. (2017-18)
    "We are so lucky to have Morey! I wouldn't have any other GM!"
    LOLOLOL
    Keep calling out the crap @Joe Smith @AstrosRockets1818

10. KIDLAT

KIDLAT Mahirap maging pogi
    Supporting Member

Bwahahaha,Me too

11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This windshield smear thinks we’ll remember his thread into the next decade...theres a limit to how self-important someone can get.

Why do fans of other teams insist on making asses of themselves by coming onto the Rockets forum to try to lecture us on what we should feel about our team/gm/superstars?

I said I wasn’t going to interact with “Joe Smith” on this thread anymore, so I won’t, but surface level stat-spitting without any understanding of context does not a good poster make.

Also judging by dude’s posting time he either lives somewhere in Asia or doesn’t sleep just to troll Clutchfans. I’d like to believe it’s the former so I can go find him and feed him some bats.

edit: I can't speak for anybody else, but I don't dislike his posting for the fact that he questions Morey. In fact, I love reading the posts of lots of dudes who do question Morey, because it's really interesting to see a different viewpoints. Sometimes I even think it makes sense. I don't think I'm an unreasonable person, for the most part. This particular poster, though, is someone who clearly wants to see the Rockets fail and would get great pleasure if they do. I don't like that at all.

#71 Roomba, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  12. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

J.R. likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Joe Smith plays the part of an Antagonist rather well.

As Hollywood movies (we celebrate the Academy Awards) go, we needed the perfect Villain.

We have too many flawed heroes and Anti-heroes floating around.

14. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

When every other team in the association pussed out when GS assembled their super team, it was Morey and MDA who dared to challenge them. I like Morey not because he's been perfect, but I like GM's(and coaches) who think outside of the box and are bold. Bad luck, fluke injuries, and of course the Warriors have skewed the way that fans look at this team or our structure.

I'm not happy with being second or third best. It sucks when I believe that we should have won it all the last 2 years. But I don't believe that there are many if any better GM/coaching combinations in the league.

I want the OP or anyone else to start giving names for the replacements that they want to see in here that will do a better job. Massai ain't coming here to work for Tilman. Bob Meyers lol? Please someone give me names for the next GM/coach that can take this team to next level. I think that would make for a more interesting discussion.

DeBeards, HP3 and daywalker02 like this.
  15. pst257

pst257 Contributing Member

I totally agree that Morey is trash. Fourteen years and no draft picks year after year, and no young player ever developed without being traded or let go prematurely. Harden is the only player left from two years ago when they went to the conference finals. Also, I don't think that dumbtoni even cares anymore. He should have been let go right after the season started, but I think Tillman just didn't want to have pay him and have to pay another coach this year. I truly hope that Harden asks for a trade to the Nets or Golden State so can win a chip before it's to late. I've been a diehard Rockets fan since Elvin Hayes, but this is the worst that I have ever seen this team and how poorly its ran from top to bottom.

16. Raven

Raven Member

Morey was making questionable moves long before Les sold the team and, rain or shine, he just won't shut his mouth and quietly do his job, and If the Rockets flame out in the first, he and MDA both need to be fired.

Imanimal likes this.
  17. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Let's be fair. We can't ignore Morey in the trade that brings Harden to Houston. After that, I think Morey hasn't done a good job. Morey's criteria for first-round selections have been extremely bad and his inexplicable policy of giving away first round picks has left us in a very difficult situation.
    Anyway, I think Morey's worst mistake was Ryan Anderson's contract, something we paid for years, it was a mistake that a GM like Daryl can't make.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

We havent been allowed to tank, we are too busy building around Harden who is a generational talent. And weve had sooo much success in the Dantoni era, lots of amazing teams dont win the championships.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I agree fully with this. MDA is a genius but a flawed, extremely stubborn one.

He has gone to extremes with his method, but thing is bball is about synergy, about mixing it up.

You can't go to extremes just on one side of the show, you have to deliver on both sides.

The midrange game and playing a game with different styles should be implemented.

I am not mad at Morey for making mistakes but to have invented the shooting 3 and layup model without using young athletes and elite shooters, that is just wrong IMHO.

#79 daywalker02, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    DeBeards likes this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Covington is suppose to be that 3rd star. He is legit good player. All these players are in there prime. Rockets are struggling this year, i think alot of it has to do with coaching. I mean rockets should try firing mike. They are better than this for sure, when you surround yourself with 2 legit superstars, you should be better. I know they need a better bench.