1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where's Bruno?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Feb 9, 2020.

1. amaru

amaru Member

7 player played in Game 4 of the ‘18 WCF. Green played around 15 minutes. Everybody else was high 30s/ low 40s. Paul played 42 minutes and blew out his hamstring the next game. I think you need to go back and check the box score :)

2. amaru

amaru Member

Will he get a chance to play through his mistakes? We shall see.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

Yes, MDA quit on him, then Bruno found someone to trust him and he found some success. Why? Our savior is a retread from the same coach staff. Does MDA have that poor of judgement or lack the ability to develop talent. This is like if we trade for Clark back next year. Is IHart really a great player, too? Let’s let him walk then trade for him back. Coach pull you head out. The system changed but has the relationships?

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Do you not understand that the Rockets played a different style/system with CP3 then they do with Westbrook?

The players have completely changed, only Tucker, Gordon and Harden are on the roster from 2017-2018 team.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

That's your come back, ONE game?

LOL

6. fattz

fattz Member

Sure I understand that perfectly. Do you understand that this is the same coach that basically sad to hell with this player? Instead of coaching him or changing small things to use the talent he had or now has. Do you realize that coaching is about relationships and this on has to be strained? MDA focus is on the owner, GM, a system, and then 2 players. (Puppet or ass kisser, looks the same) If he was able to use ALL the people around him we would have new banners in the rafters. The question is still the same. Will MDA change or are we just buying time for the next coach?

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I think you are taking this to an extreme. Morey obviously conferred with not only MDA but Harden and possibly Westbrook too.

Relationships are important but Bruno was a G League player for the entirety of his tenure with Houston Rockets. If anything Bruno should feel empowered and energized because Morey and Rockets having trying their damndest to get him back.

In Memphis he was treated like an afterthought and likely unappreciated. Rockets appreciate and value Bruno, that should make him feel GOOD.

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Bruno was sitting in the middle of the bench in street clothes. Not at the end but the middle. Very interesting. I hope he becomes our pick n roll threat.

D-rock likes this.
  9. fattz

fattz Member

Most players play with a chip on their shoulder and turn negativity into the fuel that drives them. I am sure getting cut for the second time was more humbling for him. But to come back to same place that gave up on you... IDK.

beast mode or drain damage?

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope its Beast Mode.

fattz likes this.
  11. fattz

fattz Member

Me too

D-rock likes this.
  12. amaru

amaru Member

More of an explanation. I said I remember MDA playing 6-7 guys in a WCF game in ‘18. I then found the box score for the game. This was an easily provable fact. Not sure why you felt the need to contest it but.....ok. o_O

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets average over 9 man rotation vs. MIN and UTA entire series.

And Rockets averaged 9 man rotation vs. GSW until game 4 (7 man rotation) when Luc & Nene went down with injury. Game 5 got shorter (6 man rotation) when Paul went down.

Rockets averaged 9 man rotation vs. GSW during game 6. So its disingenuous to say MDA only plays 6-7 man rotations in playoffs.

It's a false narrative that is pushed AD nauseum by fans and media even when this data can be verified with a modicum of research.

14. amaru

amaru Member

Nothing you posted refutes my initial comment that MDA player 6-7 players in a WCF game. You’ve just admitted it. Not sure why you are still attempting to debate an established fact....

15. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

If he comes out he should get 20 plus like Faried, Green at least 10 plus every game, otherwise MDA does not trust and keep him in the bench like Harkinstein and Tyson.

16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

MDA looks exhausted, he need a good sleep and a contract extension

BaselineFade, D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  17. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Not old and slow enough for mda

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

ONE game out of six does not support your narrative. You are better than this @amaru.

MDA only went to shorter rotation those 2 games because he did not have any playable players due to 1 starter and 2 key rotation players getting injured, not because he is some demented brain dead stubbornly senile coach as many D'Antoni haters try to portray him.

And if you recall, both games you are complaining about that MDA played short rotations were WINS for the Rockets. So MDA should deserve credit not disdain for those games.

And D'Antoni WILL play 9 man rotation (or more) if he has the players.

Joe Johnson was acquired down the stretch for the playoffs but he was crap and we all witnessed that. Same with Ryno, just lost his shooting which was all he was good for. Otherwise MDA would have had an easy 10 man rotation.

Do you realize that the only healthy players on the roster that he could have played were Tarik Black and Aaron Jackson.

Do you believe either would have helped defeat GSW in game 6 or 7 (which were both 9 man rotation by the way).

#58 D-rock, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    DeBeards likes this.
  19. amaru

amaru Member

The one game does support my narrative. I specifically mentioned ONE game. Dude...just let it go.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

One game is not a narrative. Hell it's not even a trend.

Again, Rockets WON those WCF games that MDA played a shorter rotation than the 9 we averaged for the rest of postseason.

So does that mean shorter rotations are GOOD?