1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Trump for President 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, May 22, 2019.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

I don’t like exercise and working out while knowing it’s good for me. I think its says there is a partisan split that won’t give Trump a win no matter what.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

This... I am the same way and even now sometimes he’s like nails on a chalkboard but I won’t hold that against him.

cml750 and Roc Paint like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not trying to be a jerk or anything and I do find this post interesting. You believe that Trump cares about and wants what's best for America?

Do you think that someone that wants what's best for America would bother to learn how the government actually works, the roles of the different branches, and might try to actually fill the positions still vacant in the administration? Do you think that if he actually wanted what was best for the country Trump would have bothered to figure out how treaties work? The duties of the chief executive? About our alliances and how the United States benefits from them?

Those aren't questions coming from a left-wing or right-wing perspective. If a President didn't know what the duties of the head of the executive branch were or the way different branches of the government work, or what the various jobs and duties of the different cabinet positions were, but worked super hard to study and learn those things, I might believe that even if I disagreed with their policies, they might still want what they believed was best for the United States.

The fact that Trump has no idea of the job responsibilities of various cabinet members that he has appointed and clearly doesn't understand his role, that of the different branches of the govt and how they work together makes it hard for me to believe he truly cares about the United States and its well-being. He didn't learn it before taking the job and still hasn't learned it after being on the job.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What are some traits that Trump expresses that make you like him over a generic politican? His truthfulness? His disdain for grifting? His ability to be above corporate lobbying?

Can you be more detailed here?

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

His disdain for politicians and media alike is what intrigues me the most

6. fchowd0311

Is his disdain principled? Like does he genuinely hate "fake news", click bait news etc or does he just hate anything that is critical of him?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Roc Paint

President Donald Trump goes by the beat of his own drum, and I for one are dancing in the streets

cml750 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

So if a mental patient in a straight jacket "goes by the best of his own drum", do you think that makes him qualified to manage the world's largest bureaucracy?

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can understand that sentiment better than believing that Trump truly wants to make America better or cares about the nation in any real way.

10. Roc Paint

Come correct or don’t come at all. I can’t stand two-faced humans

11. fchowd0311

Ya, I never thought of the Bible loving Evangelical Donald Trump as someone who is two faced. I loved his insight on 2 Corinthians. He never panders red meat and never used something like religion to pander.

12. Roc Paint

I’m not a great debater, and have never been. That’s why my signature is “Points from the Paint”

That being said I believe Democrats in this country are out of control trying to control an uncontrollable president :eek:

13. fchowd0311

I don't know if it's because you aren't a great debater or you just are trying to push a impossible position of trying to paint Trump as a genuine man who is principled who is above the fray of "politics".

14. Roc Paint

I for one am glad he thinks he’s above politics and politicians of the sort, because like I said before they’re all full of crap. He’s really just giving them a huge helping Of their own bullshit they’ve been spewing for hundreds of years

I Roc Paint approve of this message

#434 Roc Paint, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  15. fchowd0311

Interesting. So what's the end state goal here? You make them learn their lesson and then what?

We reverse Citizens United? Is that Trump's end goal?

16. Roc Paint

I don’t really know what the end goal is. I’m just trying to live my life to the best of my ability every day

cml750 and Os Trigonum like this.
  17. fchowd0311

Okay and that is really neat but we are debating the merits of whether Trunk should manage the world's largest bureaucracy and command the world's most powerful military.

I don't understand how that relevant to the discussion. I hope you continue to live your life but you came here in a debate and discussion forum in a topic about the merits of re-electing Trump.

If your argument for Trump is "because I'm an anarchist" then by all means express your goals.

18. Roc Paint

Sex Pistols

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

I think you’re seeing it, he hasn’t just upset the political establishments applecart he’s lit that mfer on fire and drove it off a cliff all the while doing good things for the country.

Pistol Pete, cml750 and Roc Paint like this.
  20. Roc Paint

Love