1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/7/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, slide Covington into Westbrook's spot and make life a misery for the Suns. Sounds good to me. Too logical?

I'm excited about the game. Really excited. Last night grabbed me and won't let go. I've been watching that game again, beginning with Shaq, Charles, Ernie, and Mr Smith stepping off the edge of their verbal cliff. It's a trip. Can we do it again without Russ and on the second night of a back to back? I think we can.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The post-game commentary was legit more entertaining than the game. The backtracking was beautiful.

tmoney1101, Deckard and bmelo like this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Did they backtrack in a later segment? Because they gave zero credit to the Rockets winning and instead, blamed it on LA not having a legit point guard.

Then they said they'd coach a hypothetical defense by letting Westbrook and Harden get their points while never doubling them and never leaving the corners...like wtf?

4. BreakYoSelfFool

Gameplan is a stretch, unless you think iso Westbrook and Harden everytime down court is a gameplan. But if you think that then we have always has a gameplan. I don't really think the Rockets have changed much about their style of play or identity, they just have better personnel to pull off some of their offensive and defensive strategies. When we switched from using pick and roll to fully iso, Capela didn't fit. He got in the way more than he helped.

Also don't be surprised if the Rockets do use a big man as a starter when they finalize their roster , probably a PF.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I must give credit to you guys watching that show. I quit that chit long ago. Barkley is ignorant but funny. Kenny is lucky to be making money spouting stupid takes. Shaq is a brilliant business man, analyst not so much.

6. lalala902102001

No Russ. Last night's Harden won't cut it. He'd better bring his A game.

juanm34 and ak99999 like this.
  7. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

This small ball got me soo excited to watch the next game.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Gordon passes? That dude always shoots

9. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

We need to dominate every game so we can advertise or team to the buy outs. Especially Marvin Williams and Moe Harkless, pls choose us.

10. JackLordsHair66

To be fair that was mainly Charles and Kenny saying that crap, Shaq was a bit more measured in tone, they felt The Lakers panicked and went smaller too soon. It was funny listening to them stumble all over themselves to explain how the hell that worked last night though !!! I will say this, if we are hitting 3s like that and playing solid team D as they did, they will be very difficult to beat !!

tmoney1101 and amaru like this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

Probably because MDA dissed him in the playoffs. He wouldn’t want to return to be benched again.

tmoney1101 and Tfor3 like this.
  12. boojaka

boojaka Member

Blowout win today. Whoever thinks that Harden was shut down last night, let me explain - on back to back games, the game that broadie plays, Harden will just kinda cruise to preserve and avoid load management. So they agreed with WB to let him run the show that game (quote from Harden preseason). This way they both gonna be fresh comes playoffs time. Have a nice evening watching our team game, we must admit we are addicted to Rockets.

P.S. Harden 52 pts, 11 ast, 4 steals tonight

tmoney1101, Patience and RudyTBag like this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

According to Barkley and Shaq, the gameplan to beat small ball is also to ISO. It's just to ISO bigs ... dump it in.

The Rockets gameplan is more than just offensive side. The gameplan is to get the other team to play the same way. That's what the Bzdelik defense did to the Warriors, and it still works that way. 5 perimeter defenders flattens the opposing team's options (reducing effectiveness of cutting out of Horns, Pistol, PnR, triangle, motion, etc), and forces them to try ISO more than they are accustomed to.

And the big test for us is to win the TO battle -- which better spacing and easier passing can accomplish, combined with 5 perimeter defenders hounding the passing lanes.

tmoney1101, HP3 and RudyTBag like this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you... Exactly right.

HP3 likes this.
  15. TheSource

TheSource Member

please don't have a let down game tonight.... pleaseeeee

MIAGI99 likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Look at all these Suns Legends...

tmoney1101, HP3, icewill36 and 3 others like this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. UrbanEnterprise

Covington starting

haven't been excited in a while

tmoney1101 likes this.
  19. boojaka

boojaka Member

3's and blowby's are better than contested 2's by their iso'ing big, Shaq and Barkley are wrong. Simple as...

20. SORF

SORF Member

Hope Harden has a usual great game against the Suns...maybe somewhere in the 60s or higher????

tmoney1101 likes this.