1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook to Harden: "look at me! I'm the captain now"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBTL, Feb 7, 2020.

1. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Playing 5 out has unlocked Westbrook. For that i'll give all three of them props.

Coach for recognizing this fact.
    GM for having the courage to pull off the trade to supplement an unconventional lineup.
    Player for flat out ballin out there.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I bet every time an opponent places their feet to hardens landing space @IBTL and his fellow LOFs chuckle

3. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

So true, Harden is the straw that stirs the drink! No double team, no wide open rolls to the rim for Russ and wide open 3s for everyone else

Bearded13 likes this.
  4. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

WestGAWD!!!
    [​IMG]

5. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

If you don't double either and don't leave the corners Harden and Westbrook will run a layup line.

Richie_Rich and rockbox like this.
  6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

In order for this to work it will be westbrook 1A and harden 1B its not that hard and last night showed the way.

stay tuned let me know when you are ready to accept it

Lol Lin has been gone for so long why are you guys still jocking him? Its weird man

Damn i had such high hopes for you ..wow..
    NEXT!!

7. Caprah

Caprah Member

No this clown wants the best player to be second option. Not
    whats strange is you lin trolls still being so angry lol

Bearded13 likes this.
  8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I could swear Harden's defense last night was more diligent and aggressive than in games where he's been relied on to carry the offense. After a few possessions of being doubled and giving up the ball, he must be thinking, "OK, then I'll rest here and kill you at the other end."

heypartner likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Finally someone gets it

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

No, that's Patrick Beverley.
    [​IMG]

11. HookemHorns1250

Both guys did exactly what they should do when Harden is trapped, although as I mentioned in the game thread I would like to see Harden make that double team pass quicker and a 'bit less lazy, as it gives teams a chance to get back to their man if the player has to reach down for the ball to grab it, etc.

Harden did a great job of just accepting what they were trying to do, and Westbrook did a fantastic job of just taking it straight to the basket after getting it. In the past we would allow other teams to just catch up after doubling Harden by not driving immediately, but that seems to have been fixed. Really proud of their effort last night!

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

As of this morning James Harden’s wins above replacement is nearly 7 times higher than Westbrook’s. 7 TIMES!

Interesting take op.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Dude lin is long gone and has been for a long time your obsession with him is creepy.

People bringing him up are strange. If you are thinking about lin still this many years later then I cant help you.

He was a decent scrub you need to let him go

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It's true Lin sucks, but this thread is worse.
    Westbrook is like a pirate? Because??

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

James Harden is the easiest player to trap and double in league history. That's why he gets trapped so much.

Other superstar guards find other ways to catch the ball. If they all stood around at the 3 pt line like Harden and had no other ways of getting open, they too would get trapped.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

its true... but from other teams perspective 2 points allowed is better than 3 and even if Russ and Harden go for 35 each thats 70 points. Last night they only went for 55 but the team scored 121.

I don’t really think it’ll work either. Letting two dudes continually get hit like that the other team is bound to revert to normal tendencies, start helping, rotating, etc. plus there are now other good rockets - EG, Covington, etc who would still find ways to get some points.

but I am reminded of game 7 against the Mavs in what 2005 or so. Yao and TMac went for 60 combined. The rest of the team had 16. The rest of the team in that case kind of sucked though.

and to be fair to the Lakers ... last nights defense might have “worked” had the rockets not been quite so hit from three. They were on fire. But to be fair to the rockets, outside of RoCo’s three over AD almost every other bone was WIDE FREAKING OPEN.

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

While this is true, it still doesn’t explain why they do it.

Is their analytics that show trapping him like that makes the rockets offense worse?? From the eye test it doesn’t seem like it.

18. Caprah

Caprah Member

No, you don’t. I brought him up because his trollfans like you are still trolling here. No one cares about a irrelevant clown who is playing in China. It’s his troll fans like you who still can’t get over ur hate for harden and start these threads.

19. Caprah

Caprah Member

Lol

20. justinh

justinh Member

I should never have clicked on this and subjected myself to seeing fkn Tom fkn Hanks. damn.

But to the point -- yes, last night, it was all Cpt Westbrook!