1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets are better!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkoune, Feb 5, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

excellent analysis

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

If the deal is for an expiring big then why not pay the tax for this 1 yr only. Tilman won't do it, but just a thought. Isn't Tristian an expiring? I still prefer Baynes

D-rock likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I disagree. Capela's was most effective when they used him in the pick-and-roll. That's why he worked so well with CP3. Once Morey and MDA shipped Paul out Capela's game went downhill. The problem is that he was the only guy why gave them hustle on the boards. Now they have no one. Their interior defense was bad before but now I expect them to get physically abused on the boards. They have gone all-in on D'Antoni's system now and I simply don't believe that this is going to end well as MDA's system has not proven to be a winning system come playoff time. Oh, they'll be entertaining - Harden will amaze and confound - Westbrick will fly up and down the court like a Concorde Jet on acid. But actually win 4 games in a playoff series against the likes of the Lakers or Clippers or even the Jazz or Nuggets I just don't see it. I'd love to be wrong but I have seen this type of decision go sideways many times before so I'm not optimistic at all.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets are better.

At screwing up a good team.

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Clint was weakest link in small ball besides Gerald green! Green probably 10 years older than capeala though!

7. kevcai

kevcai Member

Everyone keeps focusing on how we're going to defend big men like AD and Gobert but keep forgetting that they have to guard us too. Can AD guard PJ Tucker? Of course he can 1 on 1. But he's going to have to do that at the 3 point line where Tucker is camped. What that means is there should be very little protection at the rim for James/Russ to feast. Not saying it's gonna end in a championship but people really are neglecting the problems a true 5 out offense can cause defenses.

D-rock likes this.
  8. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Wow no way, we get a guy who can hit the open three and play D and suddenly look like the vision we’ve been having all along. This is the team that can make a some noise. Now if we can snag a nice big in buy out to rebound, tip, chase loose balls wreak havoc and we have a legit chance this year

D-rock likes this.