1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Information and Rumours

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by malakas, Feb 1, 2020.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

an injured Winslow

2. JackLordsHair66

Which is probably next year

3. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Ab and gr3 to sixers for 2nd round picks.

Dis we try to get them two?

4. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Who the **** is that

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Burks and Glenn Robinson. BraBra called that way ahead of time as well. I'm starting to get excited because he makes it sound like Morey has some sort of home run lined up. We'll see in a few hours.

arabrocket likes this.
  6. rockets13champs

No picks

BossHogg713 likes this.
  7. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

funny how other GMs can make great trades and Morey can always find a way to send out way too many people on his trades

J.R. likes this.
  8. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Thomas Bryant sounded the most likely in that list within the, "You're going to have to change one of your jersey numbers to bring this new guy in," subthread.

I think Morey got a bit blindsided by ATL trading Lem out from under him. Still, in Morey we trust, and there are still good bigs out there under 5.8 million. So get one. They need one more than Fertitta needs to save 5 ish million on payroll.

9. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

10. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

11. malakas

malakas Member

KOQ sucks.
    If this is our so called big signing "solution" I will barf.

matchesmalone likes this.
  12. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

If the Rockets can somehow pull off a move for Bolden, KOQ, Wood, and Markieff. I would be happy with that. Maybe work a three team trade.
    76ers:
    Derrick Rose

Pistons:
    House
    Sefolosha
    Chandler
    Korkmaz

Rockets:
    Markieff
    KOQ
    Bolden
    Wood

D-rock likes this.
  13. malakas

malakas Member

Detroit asks for a 1rounder EACH for Rose and Morris , they aren't giving them both for the likes of Korkmaz and House.

14. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I'll defer to your eyeball test, but he has decent PT, REB per 36 rates, decent DRating. Personal foul machine though. He's cheap, and I understand Philly has to move two players for some reason or other. Him and Bolden wouldn't be the worst thing ever, though there are better choices out there for a couple of million.

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

we can’t even take back 5.8 million in any trade cus the NBA screwed us again.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I take it the NBA disagreed with structuring the trade to allow a 7.3 M TPE? Sigh. Not Morey-like at all. I wonder why he continues to bother?

Anyway, 5.8 is the amount below the tax they are. They've a few 3 ish TPE's they can use. Or move Thabo and/or Chandler to do the same thing. I've given up hope they'll go over the tax this year.

Another wasted opportunity.

17. malakas

malakas Member

yeah yeah always the same. Every single year KOQ the "under the radar" stat darling

And every year , every season he ends up in the doghouse, fighting with all his coaches, in every single team he has played with.

And he is supposed to play here with MDA, where even better and well behaved centers don't get PT?

Gray_Jay likes this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Sounds like a decent reason for a, "No, then. Thanks. I can't believe Wood might be available. And I'm LOLing at the Pistons wanting a first for Morris.

malakas likes this.
  19. jb86

jb86 Member

If we go over the tax, they need to make sure that its somebody legit. Spend that bread for somebody real.

20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Apparently the 76ers are willing to give that up. The problem is that they have too many players on their roster. So would have to ship some off or waive them by today.