1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deal done: Rockets trade Capela for Covington in 4-team deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why don't you look at the averages head to head against Gobert.

malakas likes this.
  3. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Normally I'd agree, but taking Looney off the Warriors' hands, if it helps them duck the tax, makes too much sense for both teams. Naturally, the Warriors had better come up with an additional goodie if the Rockets are going to save them an est. 30 million dollars by doing so.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets front office has wanted Covington since training camp. They have been over every single possession and every break down of his statistics before they made this trade. They approached the trade deadline with the intent of getting Covington.

Anything can happen in the future, but the Rockets were not rash in making this decision.

5. malakas

malakas Member

It is from the last 3 years. Click the article it is really well written and comprehensive as expected from Nylon Calculus.

But Covington has been playing the most C the last year and the sample size is small.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  6. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I wonder how much then those guys hate not playing for San Antonio...? Or Atlanta, for that matter.

7. malakas

malakas Member

That is because I have a very high opinion of the bench players they traded while the ones who they got imo are nothing much.
    Especially Beasly he is a good one

Gray_Jay likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

The problem isn't that they wanted Covington.
    The problem is that they wasted a 1round pick so the owner could go bellow the LT.
    Was it the last one we could trade?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You'r right you don't know how to take it.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You know what? After second thought, I'm all in with this trade. We weren't going to get big players as good as Davis, Giannis or LeBron. Might as well go small then. It's a crazy logic, but in a way, brilliant. We are going to force teams to match up with us instead.

D-rock likes this.
  11. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

If you know anything about the nba you would know capela and a 1st should get you more then robert covington

12. Nook

Nook Member

No the Rockets have another #1 to trade.

Also, I kept being told that Tillman is willing to go into the tax if it is for a solid player.

We will see, but at least some of that space will be used.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Keep in mind that the Nuggets were not going to resign either player and both had asked to be traded.

I like Beasley too, but the coaching staff did not.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Yes I know. I also know that Kroenke is a cheapskate. However it is a horrible asset managment from Denver.
    I wish we could have gotten one of them.

Minny is lucky to have Rosas.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Thought Beasley had regressed? Oh well, de gustibus... If we all agreed on value, no one would ever trade anything.

I

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

CH44 just posted a while back that there's never been any chance of going above the taxline. let's hope your source is more reliable :D

17. Nook

Nook Member

His sources are pretty good and my head says that there is no way Tillman would spend the tax.

However someone involved told me yesterday the Rockets were working with the Nuggets to get Beasley to the Wolves and it happened...... he also told me about the Westbrook deal being possible before it was anywhere.

We will see...

18. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

https://earlybirdrights.com/2020/02...n-houston-rockets-clint-capela-atlanta-hawks/

D-rock likes this.
  19. psaman17

psaman17 Member

We got more than Covington though. Infact we got the most important thing in basketball via this trade. Mr. Luxury Tax Savings baby.

jerryclark likes this.
  20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Beasley’s problem was being stuck on the deepest team in the league. Denver had too many talented, young players that all needed minutes.

D-rock likes this.