1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Deal done: Rockets trade Capela for Covington in 4-team deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Finally listened to the last Lowe Post.

He said that the buyout market will not be robust this year and GMs are coming to him asking him why there haven't been any buzz about any buyouts?

The team that is most likely to buy out some players he said, is Charlotte.

txppratt and D-rock like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

3. malakas

malakas Member

you know what helps wb/harden? A pick that is here to be used.

Existing pick > No pick.

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I mean that's typical of any forum that gains a ton of members. There is still meaningful discussions going on. Problem is that many people are being super dramatic.

It's cool it you think we gave up too much. I am with people on this but this just LTS being a valuable commodity to Mr. Fertitta. I love Capela and love that we groomed him here, but as has been mentioned many many times, he just doesn't fit with our current team.

I guess we will be going small the rest of the season, I can't say I am mad at that. It's not as if we were contending with Capela so at the end of the day you are taking a huge risk thinking we can beat the best teams in the NBA by playing small. Judging from the numbers, it appears we are a very very good team when we play small ball so there is a chance we will make noise in the playoffs.

By receiving RoCo we are finally getting PJ some help to help guard the more challenging line ups. We are also putting another shooter around Harden and Westbrook and clearing the inside for them to do as they please. It's a risk, but I am totally on board with what they are doing because this at least gives me renewed hope that we can win against most teams playing small.

Most often than not, we will be able to take the big man out of the equation by making them spread outside, otherwise they will be getting defensive 3 seconds violations all day by trying to park in the paint.

This could work. RoCo, his skillset is not overrated for Houston. He is the perfect fit. The ultimate role player in the mold of Tucker. Capela was the ultimate role player as well, he just didn't fit.

This has nothing to do with Capela being a bad player. This is all about fit. I hope many of the posters get it through their thick and stubborn heads.

5. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

because, as a very long time fan, i want to voice my displeasure to those that it's relevant to. ive defended morey for years. its frustrating that it all came down like this.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks like that pick helped bring Covington so yeah it did help

roslolian likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

It helped the owner go below the LT that's what it helped with.

I hope you don't really believe that Covington is worth Capela + 1FRP?

Hakeemtheking and DaDakota like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

whether it's worth it or not, the rockets are better. that's all i care about. I'm certainly not going to let a pick in the 20s in a horrible draft be the deciding factor over getting an all defensive wing that fits this team

roslolian and raining threes like this.
  9. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Who on the Lakers is going to guard our lineup? Dwight or McGee on Harden?

D-rock likes this.
  10. blackistan

blackistan Member

Damn we just love giving away our picks

raining threes likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

Ok YOLO.

Teams can get better when they also make D and F rated trades like Philly who wasted all their assets left and right.

This was a horrible trade value wise where the one who got shafted the most WAS Houston.
    It is very simple.

There is no need for stupid justification like " the pick was from a bad draft anyway", or that "we got a 2nd rounder"

The trade was horrible for Houston. We lost clear value.
    We are the losers of the trade and Minesota and Atlanta are the winners.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's your opinion. you're welcome to have it.

malakas likes this.
  13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Yes. Both Morris and Nerlens Noel have small enough salaries to fit within one of the Rockets TPEs.

14. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

Everyone loves to act like they are smarter than the professionals...

D-rock, roslolian and raining threes like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

I understand what you mean but Capela's stock isnt that high, people see him around the same value as Roco. Sure he is younger, but centers with range arent that hard to find now Jokic, Jamychal Green, Collins, Bertans, Aaron Baynes, Marquess Chris and that's just off the top of my head. So he isnt really that valuable by himself cuz Capela isnt elite at what he does like Gobert but he is limited with 0 range and a history of poor playoff performance.

For the value of Capela you need to look at Favors since Favors is like the same player. And all Utah got for Favors was capspace and 2 2nd round picks for 2023 and 2024. And Favors was a former top 3 lotto pick, Capela was 25th. If you compare capspace+ 2nd round picks then capspace+Roco+Jordan Bell is a great trade.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets are done.

17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its like trading a bitcoin and an ether for an ether and a ripple.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So bye then.

Are you gonna leave or just b****?

So the fact that he traded Capela is what broke you?

How does that make sense.

19. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

HOU gets RoCo and Jordan Bell
    HOU loses Cinderella, Nene, Green, 1RP

Hopefully the Rockets look for centers that are cheap, rim runners, and/or can make 3s at a consistent clip

Center targets:
    Christian Wood
    Robert "Timelord" Williams
    Dewayne Dedmon

D-rock likes this.
  20. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

If this is the case, those two would be great big man options. I hope we can pick one of them up. Hart is too green and Bell is too small.