1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have up to 12/13 mill to work with for an additional player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 5, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who do we target if anybody?

Were are 5.8 mill below LT with the trade as is, I think we could send out or re-direct one of Bell, Sefolosha, Chandler for perhaps an additional 1.6 mill in space? Not sure.

It's probably safe to say we will stay under the LT. But in case Tilman gets dementia and forgets he cheap here are some players making above 6 mill, below 13 mill who could fit at C for us

Larry Nance Jr, Dedmon, M.Leonard, Olynyk, DJordan, T.Gibson

Guys we could aim to duck the tax with making under 6 mill

Baynes, Bamba, Noel, Holmes, Christian Wood, Looney,

I think it would be ideal to get a center who can shoot 3's, to me that was kind of the purpose of moving Clint. That would cut that list in half.

I would really like Nance Jr or Wood, both are very versatile players. Baynes would be nice as a giant man who can hit 3's and bang down low with Jokic/Howard, Bamba would be interesting but I doubt he's available, DJ would be like we never lost Clint, but doubtful he's available as well, we have been rumored to like Taj for a long time, same with Looney.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

With a good owner I would be thrilled about what Morey can do with this.

But we all know that what's gonna happen, so who cares. I'll prepare for nothing, and maybe I'll be shocked by good news.

3. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

A lot of options.

Interested in seeing what happens. Of those names...Noel, Baynes, and Looney are the most intriguing to me.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

It’s interesting to have but I don’t see it being fruitful.

Who is above the 5.8 mil but less than 12 mil that you actually want? I couldn’t find anyone

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/

Blackjack84 likes this.
  5. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Sounds like the Westbrook trade all over.

LFE171 and saleem like this.
  6. saner-s88

saner-s88 Member

what a garbage
    maybe only baynes

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We could go after Ibaka as well and would fit in Tilman's plans since he's on an expiring.

Toronto would probably rather want a pick for him before he enters free agency.

Ibaka has chemistry with both Westbrook and Harden, can shoot the 3 and play PJ's role.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Watch we about to do nothing. We will be waiting on Thristan Thompson or some other player in the buyout market.

buffalobills!!! and Grizzlyshark like this.
  9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Additional salary???

"Shut up and listen"

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand how anyone is going to give us a contributor for reasonable price, just because we have money to spend.

Last time we were in this position was before the WB trade was finalized and Tilman chose to stand pat. Some people on this board have defended Tilman, but this might be his last chance to win. The next 48 hours will let me know how I feel about Tilman forever.

11. omgTHEpotential

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Olynyk would be incredible here.
    Nance too...

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

(first tier) Bamba and Christian Wood are young and versatile, athleticism and more mobility on court
    (second tier) Looney, Baynes, Larry Nance Jr, Olynyk, T.Gibson would be the 2nd best overall to say, older but more experienced in post-season games.

once RoCo and Bell on board, and we locked in one of Cs from the a/m players, our small ball system gearing up well, we would be ready to compete w/ LAL/MIL

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd put Nance Jr in the first tier. I've always been a big fan.

On offense excellent in the PnR, elite finisher at the rim, he's a lob threat, he can really run the floor, he has a little bit of a handle, can put the ball down and drive, he is a smart passer / low turnover guy, most importantly he's developed a 3PT shot over these last two years, he's currently making 1 per game (in only 25 minutes) on 36% shooting - this is the same exact 3point rate and percentage that PJ Tucker has.

On defense, he is very unique, in a Draymond way. He's small and agile enough to keep up with the vast majority perimeter players, being 6'7 and very athletic that makes sense, what's special is that he's long, has quick hands, has a thick frame and can REALLY jump. This makes him a solid interior defender against most bigs (outside of the giants that even Clint couldn't handle).

On top of his defense and offense, he's also a very solid rebounder which is now really important for us with CC gone.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Any idea why Cavs want to let him go? Especially with TT on trade block.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

They most likely don't, but he's 27 and doesn't fit with the Cavs timeline, they could bite if we offered our 2022 1st, and it would generate them large 11+ mill TPE, which a team like the Cavs would always use to take on salary for picks down the road.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, a buyout for a minor player is the best that can be expected.

18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

same question as D-rock asked.
    k, got ya answer. let's see Morey & MDA see which C is better fit in with our small ball system. (also, good roi, which Tilman's concerns)

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Everyone needs to calm down... dont be surprised of EGO is traded in a package for someone like Drummond. Also... we may have flexibility to acquire andre Iguodala

Lurch and Lawlruschang like this.
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Found this but it is too late.
    [​IMG]

buffalobills!!! likes this.