1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Deal done: Rockets trade Capela for Covington in 4-team deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

no covington does not need surgery. quit making up bs. i couldnt careless who you are. if you're posting trash imma say it

and im actually surprised youre posting this bad

2. ch44

ch44 Member

That $5M does a lot. It gets us in the buyout market. We have a bit of the MLE available still that we could use now. We can use a TPE to acquire a player (Markieff?) without going into the tax. Extra flexibility for follow up trades. We will end up much closer to the tax than we are now, even though it's not free agency.

Obviously they would have preferred to keep the 1st. The move isn't just Capela + 1st for Covington. There is more to it than the exact players involved in this current trade.

I don't know yet

Deuce, RudyTBag, itzIce and 23 others like this.
  3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wtf why did we give up a first rounder

4. TilmanFinancialWindfall

who cares how much Dieng makes? Think Chandlar Parson is playing because he makes so much? If Bell was good, he would play

5. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Morey’s move is a joke. Can’t believe how much praise this guy gets for all the boneheaded **** he pulls. People can complain and complain about Tillman, and yeah he doesn’t let Morey blow money the way Les allowed him to spend with no accountability, but a lot of his moves are real head scratcher‘s. There were so many other options out there. Any deal should’ve involved bringing back a PF or backup center. Robert Covington is a decent player but he’s way over valued. He’s basically a glorified role player that shoots just over 34% beyond the arc. Hell, House shoots over 37% on 3’s. Yes, RoCo is a better defender but at 6’7” we don’t have one player to defend against teams like LA, Denver, and Utah. What a freakin’ joke of a trade. So sick of this small ball crap. F Morey!

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

To dump salary and avoid the tax.

Corrosion and malakas like this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

I don't make **** up. It had been posted so yesterday. You better look this up.

LOL this overhype of Robert Covington has reached insane levels in this forum.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Taking names. :)

Fantastic trade and set up for the next 2 days. I’m ecstatic.

D-rock and cerophilik like this.
  9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we just got crushed on the glass by the hornets, one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. like how can anyone seriously believe we can win in the playoffs without rebounding ? effort can only take you so far trying to get a board over AD or giannis.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol i dont need to look up fake news. if you were so confident in what you were saying you'd post it. you're making the fake claim not me

what insane are some of these reactions, including yours

11. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Role players succeed when they have roles.

Lucky for us Morey has a great track record with finding roles for for players.

12. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

Sheeee... I love the Rockets but dont spend money on them. Didnt pay for my Rockets tshirt or my ticket to Rockets Knicks finals game

Rocket PR likes this.
  13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Misleading percentage, he doesn’t get the open looks he’s gonna get here. House is a undrafted player and Bmac was almost out of the league now they’re shooting those percentages.
    The Harden effect is real.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bye Felicia.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't make a move.

I am cautiously optimistic this will be a huge step in right drx

BigMaloe, Blurr#7, DeBeards and 5 others like this.
  15. Remlap

Remlap Member

While this board implodes I'm just gonna relax and see how the season plays out.

[​IMG]

NotInMyHouse, Tfor3, BigMaloe and 8 others like this.
  16. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Relax, deadline is a ways away. Morey is still working

fckbandwagons, D-rock and cerophilik like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

What is the more to it in this trade?

If it isn't Atlanta's 2020 2nd rounder unprotected then it isnt worth mentioning.

18. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Tim Mcmahon just said that the Rockets don't even WANT a center my dude. Big men are so 2010s. All forwards is the way of the future. For real though what this does is increase our variance even more. We might get blown out of games where we aren't hitting our shots but on hot or ever decent shooting nights we can beat absolutely anyone. I don't care if AD hits every shot (harden defends him decently anyway), 3 > 2 and there's no way you can adequately guard 5 shooters with a traditional big on the floor.

jcmoon, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

i am too. im close to the point of making a list bc these reactions are that dramatic

20. Texanstradamus

Tucker at the 5 huh LMAOOOOOOOOOO