1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(The Ringer): Two Trades for Every Team Before the Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

https://www.theringer.com/platform/...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

The Ringer has these trades for the Rockets. I tried to do the Rockets in the trade machine and it failed. Would have to throw in Chandler/Nene and Sefolosha as well to make it work.

Houston Rockets
    Major: Clint Capela to the Hawks; Cam Reddish, the Nets’ 2020 first-round pick (via Hawks), and the Rockets’ second-round pick to the Grizzlies; Andre Iguodala, Alex Len, and Vince Carter to the Rockets

There’s too much going on here, but this is how the Hawks can get Capela, and we can watch Andre Iguodala and Vince Carter play for a contender in the playoffs—everyone wins.

Minor: The Rockets’ 2021 first-round pick to the Grizzlies for Jae Crowder

I feel like the first trade isn’t enough value for Capela. To me I would want the Hawks to throw in Collins or Hunter as well.

D-rock and Gray_Jay like this.
  2. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Lazy article by the sound of this excerpt. I care about trades that make the Houston Rockets more likely to win a championship. Period.

I don't care about some writer's wish to see a washed Vince Carter and a probably washed Iggy play together. And to have that, plus Len, all we have to do is give up a 14/14 guy and a 2nd rounder. GTFO.

Not interested in using that 1st on Crowder. I can be convinced otherwise.

D-rock, Patience, superfob and 3 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

belongs in random trade thread. there's already enough clutter in the GARM

IDDIOT

Patience likes this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Horrible

Garbage

Embarrassing

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would not mind Iggie and Carter - their experience and maturity
    BUT THAT IS NOT ENOUGH

Need some more length

Rocket River

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

There are people out there getting paid to write this ****

D-rock and Tristan_fiore like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is how "rumors" play out. Oh, HOU willing to trade Capela for nothing. 1,000 writers who have no inside knowledge then propose moronic trades, which then perpetuates the idea HOU will trade him for nothing.

D-rock and Tristan_fiore like this.
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would LOVE the minor trade. I would HATE the major trade. I think people really over value Iggy. He's so old now. I'm not saying I wouldn't want him; but not at the cost of Capela alone much less Capela + a second round pick. And I don't even want Alex Len or Vince Carter. Like if they were bought out and we could pick them up for nothing I still wouldn't be excited about their addition.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmfao what a joke...no offense op, but shouldn't even post that trash.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bingo! Then it's Tillman is cheap lol

11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Vince Carter? Well, he'd fit in with the rest of the dinosaurs.

12. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I am pro-Iguodala in general, but he's 36 and acquiring him as the centerpiece of a Clint Capela deal would be a horrific downgrade in value. Even sillier that they imagine Houston are the ones who should be pitching a sweetener pick into the deal.

Jae Crowder has shot 35% from three once in his career and zero of the last three years. His reputation as a three and D guy is a complete fabrication and he's not worth a first round pick.

D-rock and Patience like this.
  13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Random trade idea. “Wouldn’t it be cool if....”