1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ]Celtics engaged with HOU about Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 3, 2020.

1. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

Rox might not need Clint but Clint needs them. Don't trade him please.

dfbreyes likes this.
  2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I hope DM moves fast on the CC front. The longer it drags the more uncertainties there are. A Presti / Cuban is surely somewhere lurking to hijack the deal.

D-rock, cerophilik and pr0wler like this.
  3. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

First time here ?

BigMaloe, D-rock, Nook and 3 others like this.
  4. rockets13champs

Trade news been quiet for a while

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Perhaps DM is trying to strong arm Ainge?

Boston sends filler and picks to get Capela and we flip some of that for Covington.
    Since Ainge is tough all the leaks about Collins plus come out to up CCs value?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Kind of a straw man argument. All I ever heard about was how losing Trevor Ariza was a total death sentence and he was the difference between the Rockets contending and never having a chance again. Covington is better than Ariza.

Nobody is saying he's some elite player. He is, however, a cost-controlled wing 3 and D player who can switch, in an era that values 3's and wing defense and switch ability.

I don't think we should overpay. Capela for him is dicey. But I certainly understand it.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Sounds like a Danny Angie's tool. If we are punked into trading CC for Marcus Smart, our championship window is officially closed.

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... at this point according to Celtics media the Rockets should just give Capela to the Celtics. The Celtics cannot lose a role player center to preserve flexibility and they cannot lose anyone in their rotation.

Maybe we should throw in Tucker too so they have insurance is Capela gets hurt. We want to make sure the Celtics get everything they want out of this deal.

So far the Celtics have missed out on Anthony Davis, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Chris Paul and Jimmy Butler because they didn’t want to give anything up in trades.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about Smart, RoCo, and Kanter?

Cdub37 likes this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That’s about $30 million in salaries coming in. Who are we sending out in addition to Clint’s $14 million to make it work?

D-rock, Rudyc281 and yixiixiy like this.
  11. YallMean

YallMean Member

We need a dude that can impact the game together with Harden and Wes. Harden is kinda "lonely" out there. He used to have running mates that he trusts and compliments to his game - the Arizas, the Rynos, the old CC. I just don't know what happened to CC after he got that big deal. He is not as motivated, seems to me. Kevin Love for me.

pr0wler likes this.
  12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, well, when dealing with certain fan bases——Lakers, Celtics—-the NBA world revolves around them. On RealGM you’ll see Boston fans with, “Capela for Cat***t, Dogs***, and two second rounders.”

D-rock, clutchdabear and Nook like this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Thanks @ch44 appreciate the info like always.

BigMaloe, D-rock, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Tbh i don't know Theis well enough to judge him as a player, at this point i'm just going to cross my fingers and hope that he's not just a product of the Celtics defense, if he'll ever end up up here.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm all about KLove.

But, yeah...CC could bring a star/budding star.

16. JackLordsHair66

Man this is sounding more and more like Tilman just wants to dump Clint’s salary at this point and is forcing Morey to make another lose
    /lose deal ... Really sucks this ******* “paper champ” billionaire bought this team, thanks Les !

17. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

K Love is injury prone and a terrible defender hard pass.

It's amazing how much people Love these players who need load management.

D-rock likes this.
  18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I hope Wolves share the same view. Then we don’t need to send them any picks. Covington for Smart straight up I can dig.

19. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Love would be a great stretch 5 in the Rockets system. He's not a great defender overall, but he would really help our rebounding too. He would be a great floor spacer, and with him in our lineup we would legit have the best offense of all-time.

clutchdabear, Plowman and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You should add "DD" at the end of your posts to hide your identity.