1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WOJ]Celtics engaged with HOU about Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

https://www.boston.com/sports/bosto...aniel-theis-the-celtics-dunking-german-rookie

Slowly coming around to accepting the following:

HOU: Covington, Theis, Timelord, Bates-Diop, Okogie
    BOS: Capela
    MIN: Langford, House, Ojeleye, Nene, Tyson, Gerald Green, Celtics FRP, Rockets FRP

Russ/Rivers
    Harden/Ego/McLemore
    Covington/Okogie
    Tucker/Bates-Diop
    Theis/Timelord/Harty

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Tristan wouldn't even be that bad against Davis ,Jokic, Gobert etc...he might also play kinda motivated against Lebron's team. I'm much more scared about going against the Lakers, Jazz, Nuggets with guys like Noel, Holmes, Theis, Len, Kanter etc, cause some are smaller, some unproven, some awful defenders and some just awful overall.

3. Mastro

Mastro Member

Smart, Fall and Kanter are all inactive tonight....

Vivi likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just saw that Smart and Kanter were already questionable from yesterday though, not sure about Fall, but i don't even know if he has been active recently.

5. Gant

Gant Member

As far as I know, Kanter's been activated but will play limited minutes coming off his hip injury. Smart is out with a leg contusion he suffered in the Philly game. Tacko has been sent back to Maine with Kanter playing.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Theis is an intriguing player, and as part of a package he would be a nice asset, but if Brown and Tatum are off the table, i don't think there's much to talk about. I don't think you move Clint for Theis and picks unless those picks get moved to a third team for someone truly special.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Some of CF praise of Smart reminds me when CF refused to trade PatBev

Covington is a much better fit here

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I just don't understand this. we're already undersized as a team, and we get rid of him when realistically we have no better available bigs can capella available? Am I missing something here?

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Who is the Celtics will to trade for Capela?

10. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

This season Marcus Smart is not a bad fit. But what are we going to do with him? Play him at the 1, with Ego at the 2, Russ at the 3 and Harden at the 4?

We went from a team with a great plug and play situation to a one of the most challenging fits on the league.

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know if the guy in the Hawks forum is an insider or not, but he posted this:

"Nothing on the centers still.

But the value train is going one place and that's to Orlando.

Washington and Golden State are stocking up assets to take a shot at Aaron Gordon who currently isn't available due to playoffs position and they are looking for an exact players they covet in the draft or via trade(ORL).

So Gordon is one of the names I got that teams are willing to trade major value for.

Both GS and WAS are not willing to part with core.

He also gave me an update on Russell. There are two teams who both are working on deals for Russell and that's clear by now. NYK and MIN. Both want him bad and are looking at a number of options. This one could get interesting. NYK aren't as interested as MIN is though but they have easier benefits for GS than MIN unless they get another team involved.

That's all he got in terms of bigger news. He said most of what's becoming mainstream is what's out there.

Still waiting for updates on Bamba, JJJ, Capela, Adams, and other centers."

Is Jaren Jackson really available? That seems...hard to believe.

BigMaloe, joshuaao, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Another post...

"
    I will post more when I get to the computer but here's the highs and lows w/o a lot of detail.

Adams deal is at 95%. They are finally realizing that they won't get that Brooklyn pick and accepting it as well. They wanted Bruno for awhile but are finally realizing that's not happening either. They are back at the table again and it's close. This one might really happen sooner than later.

Capela

Morey is trying to get BOS and ATL to bid v. Each other. Claiming MIN like Boston pick better while claiming MIN likes Atlanta deal better to Boston. He better choose fast because once Anige gets Intel that Atlanta doing another deal, low ball central will arrive. 80%

JJJ and Collins talk has died. They wanted Hunter as well. The end.

Myles Turner talk has died.

Drummond talk is dead as an ox

Bamba is seen as part of Orlando young core, no breno

Big news: Hawks made an offer for Vucevic and Brooklyn is interested. There is a great chance he won't be moved yet but keep your eyes on this one should we not land a center at the deadline.

I got a lot more. Give me some time and I'll get the details to you all tonight. "

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Last one...

"Back: I gotta make this quick:

Celtics got a shitload of players in their framework. MIN nor HOU really likes the trade. HOU wants to save more and MIN wants a better deal but they are getting the Memphis pick with limited protection based on the original. Boston top 10 protected it but even then, it's a great value. Atlanta's BRK 1st lottery protected isn't as coveted by MIN but both love the deal A LOT more. Mainly because it's simple. Not too many players and you can get draft pick value as well. So we will see what HOU does.

Boston: MEM pick, Theis, a shitload of whatevers. No young players they covet. No Edwards, Langford, etc.

Atlanta: Brooklyn 1st, Parker, Nene, Capela, and Len

It seems like OKC deal is in the final stages. They are talking to agents at this time. I am also hearing Parker is in this deal as well. Pieces: OKC 1st, Parker, Parsons, Adams, Roberson.

OKC is at the 95% stage with Miami Heat for Gallo. James Johnson, Leonard, and MIA 1st. OKC wanted a 1st alone for Gallo but no one bit. They rather take on money and future money for a 1st. Getting a 1st is extremely hard but everyone wants one.

Bertrans is off the market. He's a part of the Wiz core.

D'Lo stakes will be high. NYK and MIN in it but MIN is willing to go above and beyond but they have to make the cap work. Right now, he said it's just those two teams at the moment.

He thinks D. Rose price will decrease. Lakers and Sixers are all on it.

Iggy market is dead. If they trade him, it will be so that the team who gets him, buys him out.

A lot of interest around the league for a ton of expirings who aren't in good spots. A lot of teams are calling looking for even swaps that are upgrades.

Hawks is extremely active. They want to add bench talent. Shooting is a premium as usual.

Asked if Teague is safe and he has heard nothing to state otherwise.

I forgot some of this ****, damnit! I'll remember as the day goes on.

Edit: Myles Leonard not Dion Waiters. "

BigMaloe, joshuaao, ak99999 and 5 others like this.
  14. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

We're gonna trade Capela and get doodoo in return, I guarantee it.

15. mockster

mockster Member

It’s a long shot but Gordon Hayward could actually be a possibility

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So sad to see on another forum that the Rockets "want more savings"... Holy crap never did I think Houston would be the team penny pinching like this.

17. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Key word is hou wants to save more :rolleyes::rolleyes: FML

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Everything is bigger in Texas...aside for Tilman's wallet.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Miami is going to get Gallo and Atlanta Adams by just moving scrubs on expiring contracts...Rockets gotta trade their starting 5 to get Covington...****ing lol if that happens.

20. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

How depressing. I know now why 2018 hurt so bad...because that was our only shot.

Not only are Beard & Brodie competing against 29 other teams, they're competing against a cheap owner. How many shortcuts will he take before this team is demolished?

J Sizzle and ak99999 like this.