1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta is seeking to shed additional salary

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Feb 3, 2020.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

2. caneks

caneks Rookie

It is hard to argue against this. He is owner, and has the ultimate power logically to all the decisions for this team.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

To be fair this this team is hamstrung by its cap situation. They can't do much to improve until they offload some contract.

I can see why Les jumped ship after going all in. He saw this future for the Rockets if they failed to win.

4. thekad

thekad Member

Uh, no. The Rockets would have a ton of ways to improve if they didn’t sell everything for LTS the past two years.

They would have a large expiring deal, a couple young prospects and all of their picks right now simply by doing nothing.

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

According to basketball reference CP3 is the second highest paid player in the league making $38,506,482 and Westbrook is the third at $38,178,000. It is marginal but Tillman is counting pennies so this extra $328,482 dollars is a lot in his eyes.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

what about the extra $47 mil that wb has

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

So Daryl Morey Tweet cost us Clint Capela 2020, Eric Gordon 2021, James Harden 2022, Russell Westbrook 2023

China Use to Own the Rockets not Tillman Fertitta, now Tillman can't afford the Team, plus Fan backlash coming his way after this Trade.

8. Bobby Jackson Rules

Winter is coming, rockets. Or it's winter already.

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Won't even matter if he never makes it to the end of that contract in a Rockets uniform. He's got 4 years to dump that contract with more first picks.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

you think wb and harden won't be here for the rest of the duration of their deals? I certainly do so it definitely matters

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly, he is smart and calculated in all of his moves ever since taking over. All he wants to do is collect assets and somehow in the last few years all the moves we made have gone backwards and only one thing has changed. If I was him I would have tried to get fired as well.

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The way things are going, I can see Harden demanding a trade. Then subsequently we will have to trade Westbrook as well. Tillman is literally wasting the prime of the best player we have had since Olajuwon. Harden basically looked checked out in January. It was almost like he was intentionally sucking to try to get the team to make some moves to help.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

if it comes to that then harden isn't who a lot people think he is. but again, I certainly don't expect it.

15. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

Should we all boycott Landry's so Tilman goes broke and is forced to sell the team?

apollo33 likes this.
  16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

If the Rockets dump Capela---and thereby whatever championship chances they have this season---for an expiring and some magic beans? No, I don't think Harden will then automatically stay in Houston until the end of his contract.

WB? Who knows. Not many teams would be eager to pay the rest of that contract.

Harden though would be in his prime. And unless he wants to be thought of as this generation's Alex English or George Gervin, he's going to demand he be traded somewhere he can compete for a ring. He won't wait until he's past his peak to go ringhunting.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I would love it if Harden said put talent around me or trade me.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

And who would that be? He sits around and waits patiently while the team gets worse around him and every other star in the league is jumping at chance to team up. How is he realistically expected to win?

Gray_Jay likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

well find out if that day ever comes

20. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I particularly loved that thread in the GARM where we took a look at that wonderful plane Fertitta was bragging about buying, and compared it to the ostensibly similar plane the Patriots bought. Good times.

Just shut up and spend, Fertitta. And if you won't spend, then just. Shut. Up.