1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Wojbomb) Rockets talking to several Eastern conference teams about Capela trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 2, 2020.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

See no point in this.

Gonna end up being an elaborate way to get under the tax.

icewill36 likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Opposite. This is Morey's way to create a public auction to get the best bids. He has done this many times over the years.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It looks like Tilman will trade Clint to several teams to maximize savings.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Honestly, I want something to happen. Feels like Harden/Westbrook/Capela as a big 3 isn't going to be enough, even at max chemistry.

joshuaao, jcmoon, amaru and 2 others like this.
  5. Senator

Senator Member

Obvious move, but Capela's bounty is not enough

Morey has to be useful after a 5 year hiatus and find a way to bypass the no trade policy on Gordon for the deadline. There are ways...

6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

You’re not getting the context. It’s not a knock on Westbrook, it’s Xs and Os. A lot Russ nut riders getting triggered off a factual comment.

Nook and HP3 like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Ideally the Rockets would keep Capela and fill their needs through other means but Tillman didn’t want to spend the money.

Clint Capela and Russ Westbrook are flawed but both good players. The problem is that neither of them stretch the defense. That means Harden has less room to operate and teams can send extra help to defend Harden.

Defensively the downgrade from Paul to Westbrook makes the lack of offensive spacing more glaring.

Adding a very good defensive wing like Covington that can hit 3’s and get out in transition offensively and back on defense will make a massive difference for the Rockets.

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

We better not trade capela for Iggy old ass. That would be incredibly stupid

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can’t have two guys that can only make lay-ups in the starting lineup, and expect to win a championship.

This has been the brutal discovery made in the last months of Rocket basketball as we try to attack double teams.

It’s pretty damn clear, imo.

mike2k132 likes this.
  10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I honestly feel cursed with the Rockets ownership... You aren't getting a better big for the money... You need a coach to maximize the situation...

Hank McDowell likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont wanna trade Clint.....not because I think the trade wont make us better but.....man because hes been our guy for so long man. We drafted him maaaaan I hate this.

Imma be honest, while I love Westbrook and what he has brought to this team. We made a mistake trading for him. If we kept out picks we would have had assets to upgrade our team while keeping our guys.

Vivi, Sanctity and juanm34 like this.
  12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I don't see why bos gonna deal smart and theis who actually are their cornerstone, and i luv smart can bring a lot of energy and faith on/off floor.
    They won 7 of past 10…including a game dropping lal…my!

But i would hold my breath should morey try every way to make it happen. that's the two pieces we are in bad need, the were well proved over past post-season in comparison w/ other trade packages players…let wizard morey casting a magic over Celtics front office say YES!

[​IMG]
    (daydreaming good to health)

#132 DeBeards, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

We need a lot of cheap contracts from someone so we can waive them and get well under the tax. If you don't look at this team as contenders but rather like a tax dodging mini game you will appreciate this team a lot more.

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

this guy gets it. clint n russ are really redunant. russ is better. so its obvious u move him for the opposite a 3 point shooting big

jcmoon and RudyTBag like this.
  15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Lol It sounds like you are talking out of your ass. We don't struggle to score points aside from players missing wide open shots genersted by the offense. Clint is simply the only player we can move. He also makes the most sense because you get the feeling a lot of his success is because of harden. Maybe we can get similar production from a cheaper replacement. I just don't buy this Westbrook capela narrative as the reason. I agree If tillman weren't so cheap yea we could have had some big expirings to try and upgrade instead but it is what it is.

16. fattz

fattz Member

If Capela is moved I want to say thanks to him; his development has been intriguing, rewarding and entertaining to witness over the past few years. His skills never really grew much but his effort and effectiveness are undeniable.

joshuaao, Vivi, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I don't think it's supposed to be a big 3. You have harden/WB star duo. Then Gordon/capela above average but tier below all star.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Boston is very difficult to trade with but we will see. I think Atlanta or Orlando (which I know raises an eyebrow) could be involved in one way or another. The Rockets have checked in on Mo Bamba in the past.

joshuaao, BigMaloe, fattz and 5 others like this.
  20. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Exactly, you can’t have a wing with a foot in the lane with a 7 footer camping and shading. It also helps Russ have an open lane when PJ is at the 5.

Nook likes this.