1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Options: Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by D-rock, Feb 1, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe another William Howard......

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only Howard I want is Howard Moon.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Where’s Iman Shumpert. Bc that’s the type of trade that’s gonna happen, I can already feel it.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I plan to be bored.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Do you mean we’re going to trade for Jack S**t, undrafted 6’6” PF?
    II’d love to see Fertitta hoist that jersey.

HTown_TMac likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably right until the last 2-3 days or last day.

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I liked the information on realistic price Christian Wood....but I’ve lost all faith in D’Antoni pushing for
    players with size filling the 4-5 spots.

Dumping Nene for nothing and adding guards from the buyout market is all I’m expecting. D’Antoni a former
    guard with the Kings thinks that’s all you need to win. Midget “Small-Ball”

Just move Harden to small forward and Sefolosha to center and you got basketball gold. Offense that can score 130 points a game but gives up 135 points a game in the playoffs.

#27 ApacheWarrior, Feb 2, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    amaru likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rather acquire 6'10 Jonah Bolden (2nd yr player) who would be much cheaper and much better defender.

https://www.theringer.com/2017/7/19...-kuzma-semi-ojeleye-jonah-bolden-bb00a7ec3f84

https://www.theringer.com/2017/6/15...onah-bolden-ucla-adriatic-league-7afd59f16d85

https://www.libertyballers.com/2019...ts-out-in-minnesota-jimmy-butler-jonah-bolden

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets options at the Trade Deadline: LTS

10. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Bogdan Bogdanovic or bust.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love Covington too but would try to acquire both. Rockets need at least two 3-D forwards.

I think AG could be Amare/Draymond type as stretch 5. Would be nice if starting 4/5 can go off for 30+ in any game, especially when Harden and/or Russ is off their game.

If MDA wants to go all in for smallball then get a 6'9 bouncey ball handler/passer that runs floor as hard and flies as high as Russ.

Would be a demon screening and rolling with Harden too. And AG is much better switch/perimeter defender than Clint.

Make another small trade to pick up traditional rim protector, e.g. Noel, Covington, etc.

I would argue that AG is more necessity than luxury.

12. amaru

amaru Member

That’d be addition by subtraction

D-rock likes this.
  13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

No it doesn’t....it should be closed and placed in the Random Trades thread. Just more random guesses with no direct links to real Rockets news.

14. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

That's why I put the extra d in there. As in;
    It Doesn't Deserve It's Own Thread

15. bmd

bmd Member

A few things...

Bolden is a very inexperienced player. He’s played in a total of 48 NBA games... and his stats aren’t exactly impressive. He’s currently in the G-League.

The Rockets need an experienced, veteran player. They’re in win-now mode. They need a guy who can help immediately. Bjelica would help a lot.

Also, Bjelica is a realistic option. The Kings are young. Bjelica is 31. He’s not in their future plans and the Kings aren’t winning anything right now. He is very available and very obtainable.

And lastly, if Bolden has so much promise and is on a rookie contract, why would the 76ers trade him? They’d have no reason to.

joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Too many guys in his position (Embiid, Horford, Harris, O'Quinn, Pelle, etc.) plus Brown does not use him to his strengths, low priority. He should be used exactly as Capela is used with Rockets and setting up for 3 should be secondary.

And I agree that he is inexperienced and low usage (fouls too much) this season. This exactly the type of player that Morey loves (e.g. Lowry, Dragic, etc.). Bolden would back up both Tucker and Clint, our depth at these positions are challenges too.

And Bjelica is not going to solve the defensive issues, so thinking out of box.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. bmd

bmd Member

I’m not saying Bjelica would solve the defensive issues necessarily.. but his defensive metrics are actually good. His DRAYMOND rating on 538 is 31st in the entire league for all players. You can look at his DRPM and he’s ranked right ahead of PJ Tucker and Robert Covington (though Covington is having a down year). He’s also ahead of Thad Young, Anthony Davis, Christian Wood, LaMarcus Aldridge, Marvin Williams, JaMychal Green, etc and a ton of other good players.

His defense is actually good no matter where you look. Any defensive metric, he’s pretty good.

This is a guy with size who can shoot lights out and is not a liability defensively. He’d be the best of the realistic options and would 100% absolutely help this team.

DeBeards, joshuaao and D-rock like this.
  18. tc0330

tc0330 Member

more backups? thatll get us to the ship

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Trade Capela and Hartenstein for Mugsey Bogues and Earl Boykins so we can #GoSmaller and #SpaceTheFloor and rebound less.

20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

MDA Trade Deadline Targets:

Seth Curry
    Trae Young
    Avery Bradley
    Terry Rozier