1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

If anything Covington is underrated by CF. There is a reason why so many contending teams are interested in him.

But Rockets need to sign some long 3-D players in addition to a big trade(s).

Rockets need depth at those positions too, especially if House and/or Tucker salaries are going to be required to improve team.

Morey needs to move players and sign Jeff Green, Lance Thomas or even Jarrod Uthoff.

Uthoff is legit 6'9 with 7'0 wingspan and is a hound on defense and dead eye 3 point shooter. Kid's grit and maturity remind me of Tucker. Unlike Green or Thomas still on right side of 30 (26 yrs).

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/...ff-goes-from-russia-back-to-g-league-20191206

Also not adverse to bringing back Sam Dekker (6'8 7'0 wingspan) or Corey Brewer (6'9) as both have endless energy, thrive running the court and would complement Russ.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

How about this? https://tradenba.com/trades/X_m-2SiKd

I think this cannot happen cause i feel like Miami just won't consider moving Bam unless it's for Giannis or something in the same tier for multiple reason (he's good, young and cheap for two more offseasons), but it's well known they want Holiday, but don't want to trade Bam and Herro so, that leaves them with no assets, cause the only 1st rounder they can trade is 2025 if i remember well, and Winslow, but the Pelicans are already loaded at the 2/3, especially considering Ingram who's much better then Winslow, i don't really se a reason for them to have interest in Justise so, here's where the Rockets chim in.

We move multiple picks to help them get Holiday, but Winslow comes here and we swap Capela with Bam. The Morey in me also wants Miami to send here their 2025 1st rounder (even if protected), i'd throw House and/or McLemore in the deal too if needed to get that pick, if it's not possible cause NOLA wants that specific pick too (which is possible i guess), whatever.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

fckbandwagons likes this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

He can in the offseason as stated in the post

5. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

1 No idea on Hunter's value.

2 I think Minne want 2 1st for RoCo to make it happen, and I would do it, but I still don't know if Minne does.

3 I think you're close. If you were more right than I am, I wouldn't be surprised.

We would then need a bargain bin center somewhere. Where's Lucas Nogueira at? Salah Mejri? And for anyone thinking about trading Capela, you are losing a good player. At times he can drive us all nuts, but he probably has the best cardio of any center in the league period.

treyk3 likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I agree that Clint runs 100% when on floor. Rockets problem is that all his backups have been older vets and pace takes a huge dip when they have to replace Capela due to rest or injury.

Nene could not play back to back heavy minutes, Tyson cannot even play 15 full tilt minutes without wearing himself out for 3-4 games.

And Hartenstein is too inconsistent and limited to be trusted.

Zoplicone, fattz and kwakmeister like this.
  7. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Minny wants PG who is all star or potential all star.

9. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Does that say -17 wins?! Awful brave of them to assume Atlanta was going to win more than 16.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Okay, I got it. Thanks.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It’s rather odd how useless Tyson has been. I thought maybe they were doing it to save him for the playoffs but it’s quite obvious dude has nothing left. Why even keep him on the roster?

D-rock likes this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Get rose use big dick and picks

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ya but you just dont trade a #4 project who not gonna get traded in reality. He is there big time building block next to Trae, along with Cam. I doubt those 3 are gonna get touched. What they want is to get clint and not touch there big 3. If they gave up hunter, i would see atleast 2 pick, UDP'S Going to theml as well as houston 2020 FRP.

They probably figure adding clint would boost there young players, but the truth is why would we want there trash to help them become a dominate young team lol. Id say they have to atleast send Cam to Minny, but i doubt Hunter going there, but that trade is good, just sub cam instead. Cam Reddish. Reddish is suppose to be the next rudy gay, and Hunter like the next Thad young super duper like player. lol

14. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I just go to search NBA top 15 position players, harden, westbrooks and caplea on the list. I think we can try to get one more top 15 players. For eg. Kevin love, Griffin, Araon Gordon, Covington, towns etc. As I know MDA only uses 8 players rotation.

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Would Atlanta cave in to bring Love there knowing they could just send Hunter to Houston and Clint would be sent to Cavs as well as Parson big expiring. 1 First Unprotected and Houston 2020 FRP! to Cleveland. I think Love would sink them. Those ticket sales would make them a team to watch. Trae and Love. They could build around those 2.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=sv49zkx

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

In the case of Gordon .... with the rumors that Atlanta is hot for Capela , and Atlanta having nothing the Rockets want , I think its a natural fit - Capela to Atlanta , Gordon to Houston , Parsons and picks to Orlando.

Then work out a simultaneous trade to bring in a replacement for Capela from a 4th team. Ideally that would be Brooklyn sending you Jarrett Allen for Nene and X but there are other options.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm with you here .... if I'm moving Capela , I want more of an impact player than Covington in return.

I think the homerun trade for the Rockets is a three way with Atlanta and Orlando that nets you Aaron Gordon , then you swing another deal to replace Capela using Nene and whatever small assets required.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Probably get flamed for this but if Tilman isn’t all in on winning now and paying luxury tax. I feel like Denver and the Rockets can be a really good trade partner. We have no depth and they have soo much

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=v444mgt

Rockets get a few firsts, Detroit gets out of luxury tax. Cleveland gets out of Love contract throw them some second round picks.

19. walangjo

walangjo Member

Capela for Marcus Morris, Ellington and MitchRob (can be groomed to a Capela), you think Knicks will entertain?

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

nope